Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Should Chris Dunn Die?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
    He is on a breathing machine in the ICU apparently
    According to this story the breathing machine wasn't needed.

http://my.telegraph.co.uk/reasonmclu...for-christmas/
    The brutal, soul-shaking truth is that we are so earthly minded we are of no heavenly use.
    Leonard Ravenhill

https://clydeherrin.wordpress.com/

Comment

Tracheostomy CAN be considered an extraordinary measure. What I can't find in this case is if he had an advanced directive, living will, or if he had seen a social worker to help him make one out. You are entirely entitled to one.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

huh...that's wrong, and definitively the definition of Euthanasia.
        A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

The most disturbing thing to me about this is not that they want to end his life but from what i have read why

Apparently (if what I read holds true) THEY have decided his life will not be worth living while the one living it disagrees. Theres something way beyond euthanasia to me with that. There is almost the complete denial of personhood. If I can't decide the value of my own life to me then its no longer even mine.

IF they even said cost of care was too much and left it there it would be better.

Comment

The one picture they have up has him awake and on a ventilator, which is wrong, if your awake you can breathe and should be on oxygen.
            George Bernard Shaw

Comment

The one picture they have up has him awake and on a ventilator, which is wrong, if your awake you can breathe and should be on oxygen.
              It could be that the hospital mishandled his case from the beginning, and transferring him would cause that mishandling to be revealed to the receiving hospital.
              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                It could be that the hospital mishandled his case from the beginning, and transferring him would cause that mishandling to be revealed to the receiving hospital.
                That's the picture I'm beginning to get, but killing him? just to make it go away? That only makes the hospital look worse.
                George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Yes, we could all do with fewer hospitals so that people with the potential to live productively another decade or several can be denied medication they need so insurance can pay for Chris to be kept alive in whatever-state-you-think-he's-in for Who know's how long.

Sue the hospital!

Milk 'em for all it's worth!

Screw the people who really need help!

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeenders View Post
                    The most disturbing thing to me about this is not that they want to end his life but from what i have read why

Apparently (if what I read holds true) THEY have decided his life will not be worth living while the one living it disagrees. Theres something way beyond euthanasia to me with that. There is almost the complete denial of personhood. If I can't decide the value of my own life to me then its no longer even mine.

IF they even said cost of care was too much and left it there it would be better.
                    Who's gonna PAY (ed.) for the cost of care for those that have the potential for productive life?

I know what your response will be.

You're the kind of Christians would rather keep one semi-vegetative patient with no potential for more alive than pay for a thousand who need basic health care and are productive results.

'Makes me glad to have eschewed conservative (fundy?) Christianity for the time being.

Y'all can't prioritize humanitarian issues to save your lives...

Comment

That's the picture I'm beginning to get, but killing him? just to make it go away? That only makes the hospital look worse.
                      They can hide behind the fig leaf of the Texas statute that lets them stop care (I wouldn't call it killing him, but that's semantics).
                      Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        They can hide behind the fig leaf of the Texas statute that lets them stop care (I wouldn't call it killing him, but that's semantics).
                        If he is asking to stay alive and they say no, what would you call it if not killing him?
                        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                          If he is asking to stay alive and they say no, what would you call it if not killing him?
                          IMO, killing implies a sin of commission, not omission. As I said, it's semantics.
                          sigpic

Comment