Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump, Guns, And Immigration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump, Guns, And Immigration

Let me get this right, Trump is in trouble because he wants to stop Muslim immigration on the off chance that some radical Muslims might do us harm. But according to liberals it is OK to ban all kinds a specific firearms on the off chance that some crazy would use them to cause harm. Seems like a double standard.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Of course it's a double-standard. You don't actually expect liberals to be consistent, do you?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

No Trumpeteer is a #&&*&#$(*&$(*&(# to me because he's a bigot all the way around. then again I'm not exactly a run of the mill liberal as there are certain types of gun control I don't support, but I am no friend of the NRA. I am an inbetweener....
      A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
        bigot
        You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Comment

So the Second Amendment is sacrosanct, but not the First?
          Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
            So the Second Amendment is sacrosanct, but not the First?
            ?????
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

I would think he means that you Seer idolize the Second Amendment as sacrosanct, but the MSM wants to trash Trump's right to free speech against Muslims.

Or maybe he means that Trump wants to infringe 1st Amendment "Freedom of religion" by merely (irrelevantly to freedom of worship) barring (temporarily) immigration of non-citizens of an identified national security risk.

Probably the latter. He'll need to explain, then I'll shoot him down if necessary. I'm back on the Trump bandwagon.
              Last edited by Adam; 12-09-2015, 10:52 AM.
              Near the Peoples' Republic of Davis, south of the State of Jefferson (Suspended between Left and Right)

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                I would think he means that you Seer idolize the Second Amendment as sacrosanct, but the MSM wants to trash Trump's right to free speech against Muslims.

Or maybe he means that Trump wants to infringe 1st Amendment "Freedom of religion" by merely (irrelevantly to freedom of worship) barring (temporarily) immigration of non-citizens of an identified national security risk.

Probably the latter. He'll need to explain, then I'll shoot him down if necessary. I'm back on the Trump bandwagon.
                (Not that I 100% agree with Trump...I don't) but, people wanting to immigrate to the US aren't automatically guaranteed protection under our Constitution. So barring them wouldn't infringe on their rights...they don't have any constitutionally guaranteed rights as non US citizens who are Not living in the US
                "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

No Trumpeteer is a #&&*&#$(*&$(*&(# to me because he's a bigot all the way around. then again I'm not exactly a run of the mill liberal as there are certain types of gun control I don't support, but I am no friend of the NRA. I am an inbetweener....
                  But, but, but.... he's rich. VERY rich!

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post

I amen'd this just because you're quite entertaining.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                      (Not that I 100% agree with Trump...I don't) but, people wanting to immigrate to the US aren't automatically guaranteed protection under our Constitution. So barring them wouldn't infringe on their rights...they don't have any constitutionally guaranteed rights as non US citizens who are Not living in the US
                      I told my wife this last night. I think it's a dumb policy, but a lot of the constitutionally-based outrage misses this point.
                      I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
                        Hey MM, just from a defining source
                        n English the word "bigot" refers to a person whose habitual state of mind includes an obstinate, irrational, or unfair intolerance of ideas, opinions, ethnicities, or beliefs that differ from their own, and intolerance of the people who hold them.
                        Yeah that defines Trumpeteer alright. And a few other people I can think of too.
                        A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

My first post in this thread was consciously flippant. It is indeed the case that non-citizens and non-residents cannot claim Constitutional rights, since the Constitution does not afford them any. Insofar as the Constitution is a legal document, this is true. However, the free exercise of religion, a principle for which Trump has demonstrated even more contempt than Obama has, is an indispensable element of the "idea" of America.

Trump offers to "make America great again," but he seems to intend to do so at the cost of those things which made America great in the first place.
                          Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Darth Trump, you got to love it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU_Jdts5rL0

Comment

English the word "bigot" refers to a person whose habitual state of mind includes an obstinate, irrational, or unfair intolerance of ideas, opinions, ethnicities, or beliefs that differ from their own, and intolerance of the people who hold them.
                              Yeah that defines Trumpeteer alright.
                              You are ascribing to Trump motives and beliefs that are not in evidence. I have a feeling you're just playing that nasty little liberal game where you give your opponent a disparaging label and then act like this somehow refutes the substance of their argument.

Comment