Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ted Cruz says hes goint to �carpet bomb� terrorists.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ted Cruz says hes goint to �carpet bomb� terrorists.

This is what your party has come to, Republicans.

Apparently, Ted Cruz seems to think that he's going to carpet bomb terrorists.

Merriam Webster

transitive verb

: to drop large numbers of bombs so as to cause uniform devastation over (a given area)

So, I guess Senὸr Cruz thinks he's going to carpet bomb the 661 thousand people in Mosul (ISIS controlled).

If I remember correctly, one of the main differences between terrorists and militants, the military, police forces, and other legitimate lethal organizations is that the latter tend to avoid killing civilians when possible. Because Cruz displays the properties of the former, I guess that makes him a terrorist. No better than the ex-radical cleric Anwar al-Awlaki. Perhaps the president should send a drone his way.

Cheers,

Nick

What would be the purpose when Russia (and supposedly some EU countries now) is already taking out ISIS and their smuggled oil cash cow? Oh, wait, it's election rhetoric. I forgot...

Comment

Originally posted by nickcopernicus View Post
      One presidential hopeful is not "the party".
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
        What would be the purpose when Russia (and supposedly some EU countries now) is already taking out ISIS and their smuggled oil cash cow? Oh, wait, it's election rhetoric. I forgot...

Nick:
        Actually, Russia isn't taking out ISIS, but rather attacking opponents of Al Asad....so, yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          One presidential hopeful is not "the party".
          Nick:
          Of course he's not the entire party, but in a recent CNN poll, it looks like he's moved to 2nd place after Trump. I can't stand Cruz, but he's actually a smart guy. It's unfortunate that out right pandering statements like the one he just made get his people up in a lather.

Comment

If I remember correctly, one of the main differences between terrorists and militants, the military, police forces, and other legitimate lethal organizations is that the latter tend to avoid killing civilians when possible. Because Cruz displays the properties of the former, I guess that makes him a terrorist. No better than the ex-radical cleric Anwar al-Awlaki. Perhaps the president should send a drone his way.

Cheers,

Nick
            This is exactly what we did in WW2 to being Japan and Germany to their knees. If we are fighting for survival (which we are not with ISIS presently) carpet bombing would be justified IMHO. Carpet bombing, at least, should not be off the table.
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              This is exactly what we did in WW2 to being Japan and Germany to their knees. If we are fighting for survival (which we are not with ISIS presently) carpet bombing would be justified IMHO. Carpet bombing, at least, should not be off the table.
              Nick:
              We also used Nuclear weapons in WWII. I agree that carpet bombing, while it should be avoided if at all possible, may be permissible under certain circumstances, Ted Cruz's call for doing it now shows an utter lack of knowledge about military protocols. That, or he's just pandering to the masses.

Comment

Nick:
                Of course he's not the entire party, but in a recent CNN poll, it looks like he's moved to 2nd place after Trump. I can't stand Cruz, but he's actually a smart guy. It's unfortunate that out right pandering statements like the one he just made get his people up in a lather.
                NEWSFLASH ----

He's a politician! He'll say what he thinks it will take to stoke up the base. Same with Democrats.

Film at 11
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Or where you have mass concentrations of enemy combatants away from civilian populations, as we did with the Iraqi Republican Guard.

Comment

Nick:
                    We also used Nuclear weapons in WWII. I agree that carpet bombing, while it should be avoided if at all possible, may be permissible under certain circumstances, Ted Cruz's call for doing it now shows an utter lack of knowledge about military protocols. That, or he's just pandering to the masses.
                    Unless he's using rhetoric to draw up images between WWII and how he views ISIS and what he wants to do with them (which will not be achieved by bombing them anyway). Plus, carpet bombing has had questionable effectiveness anyway.
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Apparently, Ted Cruz seems to think that he's going to carpet bomb terrorists.
                      Sure beats the hell out of the liberal rhetoric which says that we can win the war by giving terrorists a job and a hug.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...r-to-isis.html

Or Crazy Bernie and B. Hussien O. blaming terrorism on global warming.

http://fortune.com/2015/12/05/terror...-change-cop21/

Cruz at least seems to be living in this reality.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Nick:
                        Oh no, a politician who pandered! Stop the presses! It's not like Hillary never does this, nor any of the others.
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Nick:
                          Actually, Russia isn't taking out ISIS, but rather attacking opponents of Al Asad....so, yeah.
                          They're targeting the oil smuggling which is the economic heartbeat of ISIS, something that the US is strangely ignoring and even denying is a problem. In other words, it's evident they're just looking the other way (possibly because of the Turkey connection). Cruz knows this and knows he could do far more damage by questioning why the current admin is ignoring this, but this would go passed the head of his boneheaded low information supporters. Instead, he's just playing to the emotions of his supporters, like the family guy clip. It's just pre-election rhetoric.

Comment

Oh no, a politician who pandered! Stop the presses! It's not like Hillary never does this, nor any of the others.
                            She gets a pass, cause she's the darling of the extreme left.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                              They're targeting the oil smuggling which is the economic heartbeat of ISIS, something that the US is strangely ignoring and even denying is a problem. In other words, it's evident they're just looking the other way (possibly because of the Turkey connection). Cruz knows this and knows he could do far more damage by questioning why the current admin is ignoring this, but this would go passed the head of his boneheaded low information supporters. Instead, he's just playing to the emotions of his supporters, like the family guy clip. It's just pre-election rhetoric.
                              I get the impression that unlike the current administration, Cruz isn't going to sit on his hands and hope the terrorist problem just goes away. And I think that's all Cruz is saying. He wasn't laying out a set-in-stone military strategy.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment