Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Communism derail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
    No sure if this relevant to this thread, but Paul's directive in I Tim. 5 about helping widows who are truly in need apparently runs counter to government-forced "charity".

For the life of me I don't understand how Adam cannot see the clear reading of the Ananais and Sapphyra story.
    I guess it's easy to believe a certain thing and then go Bible surfing to find "biblical support".
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
      Yeah, I thought so. But how could I tell whether CP stands for "Cow Poke" or "Cow P--p" ? Who is the latter, anyway? I've only seen him post a time or two.
      My dear sweet brother had my name temporarily change to Cow Poop. Because he lovifies me.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

?
        To say that crony capitalism is not true/free market capitalism, is like saying a grand slam is not true baseball, or like saying scoring a touchdown is not true American football ...Stefan Mykhaylo D

Comment

Originally posted by jordanriver View Post
          THAT is Capitalism.
          its not 'crony'-Capitalism
          its not 'statism'

its PURE Capitalism, plain and simple.

Stuff is for sale.
          And stuff includes politicians, like any other tools and machinery you invest in to increase profitability.
          So, in capitalism, we get the choice to sell or to buy - nobody forces us to do either. (Except, of course, in the case of Obamacare. ) We even get tax incentives for giving to charity!

In the "collectivist" version of the biblical accounts of sharing, however, one is "required" to sell their stuff and give the money to the "state", for redistribution to the poor.

Comment