Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Obama: Gay "rights" supercede Constitutionally protected religious freedoms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Just how does homosexual marriage deny christians the right to practice their religion? Do you as a christian have a need for eveyone else to think and act like you in order to get along? As much as you wish it were, this is not a christian country, its a secular one, and that means that within the public square all people are to be treated the same regardless of their beliefs or lifestyle. You're not so much concerned about your constitutional rights being trampled, your more concerned with trampling on the constitutional rights of others.
    What a lovely pile of straw you have there.

At issue is that the gay mafia is trying to stamp out any and all religious dissent by making it illegal.

Source: Rush Limbaugh

GEORGE TAKEI: "They are now -- some of these, um, states, are -- going to try to use the, uh, shroud of religious freedom. I believe in religious freedom, and people who argue that are entitled to their freedom. But they do not have the freedom to impose their religious values on to others. I've heard some of the people, uh, expressing their comments on the, uh, Supreme Court ruling, and they're entitled to that. But they are not entitled to impose their will on everybody."

RUSH: You see, this is what's wrong with this. Nobody in the... I can't believe I'm saying this. Nobody in the heterosexual world is forcing anything on anybody. They're minding their own business and having something forced on them, is what's happening here. So Mr. Takei says: Hey, you're free to have your religious beliefs. Have them all you like. I have mine, too. But you can't impose your religious values on to others.

(But Mr. Takei and his group can impose their beliefs on you all day every day or you will lose your business.) You honoring your religion... You own a bake store, to give an example. A gay couple walks in; wants a cake. You say, "Sorry, my religion forbids supporting gay marriage." That's the end of your business. That couple's going to walk out, go somewhere, come back with an army of lawyers, and you're finished.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/20...e_not_done_yet

© Copyright Original Source

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
      Special pleading is what these people are best at... Kim Davis was asked by Megan Kelly, in an interview on Fox News this week, what she thought about the idea of a Catholic or a Muslim getting the ability to opt out of conducting marriages that are against their religions (interfaith marriages in the case of a Muslim, a divorcee marrying in the case of a Catholic). Davis' answer boiled down to the fact that those people's religious views are wrong, so they don't need exemptions.
      If you say so, but as far as I could tell Kim Davis was saying that Christianity is simply in concord with the fact that marriage is between a man and a woman (and specifically stated that the issue would have been different in the old days when inter-RACIAL marriage was forbidden by law in the South) and of course that she knew and independently of her Christian faith was mandated by Kentucky law to only issue a marriage license between a man and a woman. She even continues to hold that any "marriage" licenses from her office are invalid now because mandated [illegitimately] by a judge's order.
      A Catholic or a Muslim would be totally out-of-line to violate Kentucky law and refuse to issue marriage licenses to a man and woman not meeting their standards of a legal marriage.
      Near the Peoples' Republic of Davis, south of the State of Jefferson (Suspended between Left and Right)

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        What a lovely pile of straw you have there.

At issue is that the gay mafia is trying to stamp out any and all religious dissent by making it illegal.

Source: Rush Limbaugh

GEORGE TAKEI: "They are now -- some of these, um, states, are -- going to try to use the, uh, shroud of religious freedom. I believe in religious freedom, and people who argue that are entitled to their freedom. But they do not have the freedom to impose their religious values on to others. I've heard some of the people, uh, expressing their comments on the, uh, Supreme Court ruling, and they're entitled to that. But they are not entitled to impose their will on everybody."

RUSH: You see, this is what's wrong with this. Nobody in the... I can't believe I'm saying this. Nobody in the heterosexual world is forcing anything on anybody. They're minding their own business and having something forced on them, is what's happening here. So Mr. Takei says: Hey, you're free to have your religious beliefs. Have them all you like. I have mine, too. But you can't impose your religious values on to others.

(But Mr. Takei and his group can impose their beliefs on you all day every day or you will lose your business.) You honoring your religion... You own a bake store, to give an example. A gay couple walks in; wants a cake. You say, "Sorry, my religion forbids supporting gay marriage." That's the end of your business. That couple's going to walk out, go somewhere, come back with an army of lawyers, and you're finished.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/20...e_not_done_yet

© Copyright Original Source

First Breitbart, now Limbaugh. Naive much? If someone loses their business do to their discriminatory practices it is no ones fault but their own.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
          By referring to "Christians" rather than religious people in general, you are of course engaging in special pleading.

Thanks for illustrating tassman's point so well.

Roy
          Exactly right!

These people are so accustomed to special religious privileges being the norm that when they see the playing-field being levelled they claim persecution.

Originally posted by Abigail View Post
          Says the person who wants to dictate what stock a Christian can and cannot hold in their shop.
          Not so. My argument was that whatever was stocked not be of a discriminatory nature.
          Last edited by Tassman; 09-30-2015, 02:14 AM.

Comment