Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

14-year-old Texas boy arrested for bringing homemade clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    I can make most types of soap explode.

No. That wasn't a joke.
    By detonation or deflagration?
    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      By detonation or deflagration?
      Like an idiot I almost posted a quick and easy way to produce nitroglycerin from lye soap but caught myself about half way through

Probably best if I just didn't say anything more

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Like an idiot I almost posted a quick and easy way to produce nitroglycerin from lye soap but caught myself about half way through

Rogue, hard at work:

"I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
          Where's the pitcher of margaritas which should be well within reach? And the conveyor belt bring in a steady stream of platters full of bacon? And the Ninja Squirrel Assassins?

The last one was a trick question. You don't see the NSA unless they want you to see them and by then it's usually way too late.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I can make most types of soap explode.

No. That wasn't a joke.

Quit sending that stuff to CP already. The ambulance company has decided to move next door as it is - and they are talking helipad if this keeps up!

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Where's the pitcher of margaritas which should be well within reach? And the conveyor belt bring in a steady stream of platters full of bacon? And the Ninja Squirrel Assassins?

The last one was a trick question. You don't see the NSA unless they want you to see them and by then it's usually way too late.

It's the lab in your grandmom's basement - you have got to stop looking at pics without your glasses.
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                Quit sending that stuff to CP already. The ambulance company has decided to move next door as it is - and they are talking helipad if this keeps up!

I did send him a PM on how to make a simple pellet gun into an extremely lethal weapon when it got brought up in one of the gun control threads

Comment

• You're not helping your case.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                    You're not helping your case.
                    Did I ever tell you that I can make normal tap water explode? Just the water. Nothing added to it. I've won several bets on that one.

Or the time I overheard an Atlanta fire marshal telling some firemen at a local bar/restaurant that it was impossible to make a spontaneous combustion device and then proceeded to tell them exactly how it could be done and how incredibly easy it was to do (a first grader could do it)?

Or how to make mustard gas out of four items found in everyone's house? That one is a bit tricky but still not exactly hard.

Yeah, my FOIA request revealed a substantial file and explains why I haven't even made a "firecracker" since 9/11.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                      I thought it was another one of those ridiculous zero tolerance issues where the kids shapes a gun out of a stick, and then gets suspended.
                      Not exactly, because Ahmed's "clock" really did look like a bomb whereas an L-shaped Pop Tart doesn't look anything like a gun. Then when you consider other details, like Ahmed showing the "clock" to several teachers (at least one of whom warned him to keep it out of sight), setting the alarm to go off during class, and adopting a passive-aggressive attitude when confronted by school officials and the police and refusing to say anything other than, "It's a clock," I really don't think it was an overreaction at all.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

You know, when they come to take you away, they're going to lock you buck nekkid in an old-fashioned prison cell with nothing but a privy hole too small to crawl through just to be safe.
                        Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                          You know, when they come to take you away, they're going to lock you buck nekkid in an old-fashioned prison cell with nothing but a privy hole too small to crawl through just to be safe.

No they won't. They'd be afraid he'd blow it up*...

*And he would, too.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            Which, I guess, is why I wonder what parent in their right mind would say "sure, no problem, take that thing to school and show it around..."
                            Eh, I think it's well within the realm of possibility that his parents didn't know he was taking the clock in. I never told my parents when I brought stink bombs into the school, and threw them in the bathroom next to the cafeteria. I did get picked up for throwing one in a dry cleaner's with a pal, though. Told the cop I'd rather go to jail then have to deal with mom on that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Not exactly, because Ahmed's "clock" really did look like a bomb whereas an L-shaped Pop Tart doesn't look anything like a gun.
                              As I said, I thought it was one of those ridiculous zero tolerance issues BEFORE I saw the clock. I had a major rethink upon actually seeing the "clock".

Comment

• Ah... well, that's what I get for posting when I don't have time to read the whole post.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment