Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

ANOTHER Officer shot - Illinois - War on Cops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANOTHER Officer shot - Illinois - War on Cops?

Details are sketchy, as this just happened. Reportedly, the UnderSheriff has reported the officer has died.

Source: NYDailyNews

An Illinois police officer was shot Tuesday morning, prompting a manhunt for three suspects, authorities said

The Fox Lake officer was wounded around 8 a.m. local time after calling in that he was with three suspicious men on Route 12, Lake County Sheriff Det. Chris Covelli said.

He chased after the suspects, identified as two white men and one black man, before he went radio silent. Another officer soon found him with a gunshot wound.

Covelli declined to comment on the officer's condition, only calling him "injured." Several local outlets previously reported the officer had died.

The detective did not say what prompted the foot pursuit and did not answer questions at the press conference.

© Copyright Original Source

NOTE - It is ENTIRELY POSSIBLE that this is NOT a "war on cops" shooting, but my Police friends are really getting nervous about all this.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Since you're an ex-cop, what's your take on this?

It's going to be difficult to find the perps since the only one who saw them is dead.

Two whites and one black doesn't help much.

Comment

Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
      Since you're an ex-cop, what's your take on this?

It's going to be difficult to find the perps since the only one who saw them is dead.

Two whites and one black doesn't help much.
      Yeah, this one's going to be a challenge. At one point, I thought they had one of the perps in custody, but that doesn't appear to be substantiated yet. It's almost going to take catching at least one of them, and getting him to rat out the others. It doesn't look good at this point.

Also, since it's apparently two white males and one black, it's not NECESSARILY a "black lives matter" type hit, but it's not necessarily NOT, either. There are a lot of really stupid white people buying into this "black lives matter" crap.

I saw one of the officers who was interviewed demanding that Obama "get out in front of this", and placing considerable blame on him for attending the funerals of black people who were supposedly "executed" by white cops (even though they were subsequently found not guilty) and the feeling of many in law enforcement is that Obama and Holder actually fed this backlash against law enforcement.

Again, we don't know if THIS incident is part of that, but cops everywhere are on edge.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

NOTE - It is ENTIRELY POSSIBLE that this is NOT a "war on cops" shooting, but my Police friends are really getting nervous about all this.
        Even if it turns out not to be, the perception that it could be matters at this point.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          Even if it turns out not to be, the perception that it could be matters at this point.
          Agreed. Very much so.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Yeah, this one's going to be a challenge. At one point, I thought they had one of the perps in custody, but that doesn't appear to be substantiated yet. It's almost going to take catching at least one of them, and getting him to rat out the others. It doesn't look good at this point.

Also, since it's apparently two white males and one black, it's not NECESSARILY a "black lives matter" type hit, but it's not necessarily NOT, either. There are a lot of really stupid white people buying into this "black lives matter" crap.

I saw one of the officers who was interviewed demanding that Obama "get out in front of this", and placing considerable blame on him for attending the funerals of black people who were supposedly "executed" by white cops (even though they were subsequently found not guilty) and the feeling of many in law enforcement is that Obama and Holder actually fed this backlash against law enforcement.

Again, we don't know if THIS incident is part of that, but cops everywhere are on edge.
            Yep, you could see some of those idiot white folks in the video clip of the Minnesota "Pigs in a Blanket" march.

Comment

Evidently, a home security cam may have caught images of the men. The hard drive has been sent to the FBl for analysis.
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment