Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

GWB created ISIS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    No prob. Michael Morell, GWB's CIA intelligence briefer, admitted to Chris Mathews on MSNBC"S Hardball that they lied us into war.
    Really? This is from just a couple days ago...

Source: http://www.newsmax.com/Newsmax-Tv/Michael-Morell-Saddam-Hussein-weapons-intelligence/2015/05/20/id/645875/

Michael Morell, former deputy director and former acting director of the Central Intelligence Agency, tells Newsmax TV that then-President George W. Bush never directed the intelligence community to say Iraqi President Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction.

Intelligence analysts already thought so, he said.

Morell told "The Hard Line" host Ed Berliner that the theme of his new book, "The Great War of Our Time: The CIA's Fight Against Terrorism - From al-Qaida to ISIS," is that, contrary to the belief of detractors, there was no effort to get the CIA to push the WMD narrative.

"We didn't have to be pushed there because we already believed it," Morell said. "The best way to prove that to you is to tell you that we told President [Bill] Clinton the same thing before George Bush ever came to office."

© Copyright Original Source

That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

No prob. Michael Morell, GWB's CIA intelligence briefer,
      Jimmy, where are you getting your talking points these days? Morell was not a "CIA Intelligence briefer". He was a deputy director and former acting director of the Central Intelligence Agency.

admitted to Chris Mathews on MSNBC"S Hardball that they lied us into war.
      You mean good ol' "thrill up my leg" Matthews?

And is this the very SAME Morell who said "contrary to the belief of detractors, there was no effort to get the CIA to push the WMD narrative." Then went on to say "We didn't have to be pushed there because we already believed it," and "The best way to prove that to you is to tell you that we told President [Bill] Clinton the same thing before George Bush ever came to office."

THAT Morell?

ETA: BTC Ninja'd me!

See how EASY that information was to find, Jimmy?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Jimmy, where are you getting your talking points these days? Morell was not a "CIA Intelligence briefer". He was a deputy director and former acting director of the Central Intelligence Agency.
        As well as GWB's intel. briefer.

You mean good ol' "thrill up my leg" Matthews?

And is this the very SAME Morell who said "contrary to the belief of detractors, there was no effort to get the CIA to push the WMD narrative." Then went on to say "We didn't have to be pushed there because we already believed it," and "The best way to prove that to you is to tell you that we told President [Bill] Clinton the same thing before George Bush ever came to office."

THAT Morell?

ETA: BTC Ninja'd me!

See how EASY that information was to find, Jimmy?
        http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_7346990.html

read it and weep CP
        Last edited by JimL; 05-30-2015, 10:15 PM.

Comment

As well as GWB's intel. briefer.
          That's just dumb.

Nothing to weep about, Jimmy! Can you please cite the exact part you claimed earlier?

This part....

Originally posted by JimL View Post
          No prob. Michael Morell, GWB's CIA intelligence briefer, admitted to Chris Mathews on MSNBC"S Hardball that they lied us into war.
          Thanks
          Last edited by Cow Poke; 05-30-2015, 10:25 PM.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
            Yes they did!! They changed their name a few times, but they existed for quite some time. The group originated as Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad in 1999, which itself came from prior Jordanian and other Sunni Jihadist militants funded by Osama Bin Laden, who came from prior Afghan militants, etc. Please learn something before spouting off stupidity.

Revisionist history is hilarious!!
            No, its actually kind of pathetic and you should resist buying into it.

Comment

That's just dumb.

Nothing to weep about, Jimmy! Can you please cite the exact part you claimed earlier?

Thanks
              I claimed that the Bush administration lied, that they got authorization to go to war under false pretenses, and if you can comprehend, that is exactly what Morell admitted.

Comment

I claimed that the Bush administration lied, that they got authorization to go to war under false pretenses, and if you can comprehend, that is exactly what Morell admitted.
                Here's what you said, Jimmy....

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                Now, please show me - just quote the part of the article - where Morell "admitted" to Matthews that "they lied us into war".

Comment

Here's what you said, Jimmy....

Now, please show me - just quote the part of the article - where Morell "admitted" to Matthews that "they lied us into war".
                  Damn CP, I guess maybe you can't read. Or maybe its just an ideological blind spot. Try again, eventually you may overcome the disability.

Comment

• Jimmy, Michael Morell is selling a book. Here's the website - The Great War of Our Time.

He's making the interview circuit, and, apparently, both sides are trying to use him to validate their own positions.

There's a particularly interesting part where it could be said that he's throwing Hillary under the bus for having her own server and conducting official business on it.

He's selling his book, Jimmy.

Comment

Damn CP, I guess maybe you can't read.
                      That's obviously a dumb statement, since I'm reading your posts and responding.

Or maybe its just an ideological blind spot. Try again, eventually you may overcome the disability.
                      Just please quote the part that backs up what you claimed. That should be really simple for you.

An actual quote, please.

Comment

Jimmy, Michael Morell is selling a book. Here's the website - The Great War of Our Time.

He's making the interview circuit, and, apparently, both sides are trying to use him to validate their own positions.

There's a particularly interesting part where it could be said that he's throwing Hillary under the bus for having her own server and conducting official business on it.

He's selling his book, Jimmy.
                        Okay CP. I guess because he is selling a book he must therefore be lying. I guess all books must be lies.

Comment

Okay CP. I guess because he is selling a book he must therefore be lying.
                          I didn't say that, Jimmy. My point was " both sides are trying to use him to validate their own positions." That in no way says or implies that Morell was lying.

I guess all books must be lies.
                          Is this your way of trying to ignore the fact that you made a claim you cannot back up, Jimmy? You've tried the goofy personal attacks, and the kabuki dance.... I'll ask one last time....

Your claim was....
                          Michael Morell, GWB's CIA intelligence briefer, admitted to Chris Mathews on MSNBC"S Hardball that they lied us into war.
                          Now, can you please provide the exact quote - without the childish personal attacks or kabuki dance - that backs up that claim?

Thanks

Comment

I didn't say that, Jimmy. My point was " both sides are trying to use him to validate their own positions." That in no way says or implies that Morell was lying.

Is this your way of trying to ignore the fact that you made a claim you cannot back up, Jimmy? You've tried the goofy personal attacks, and the kabuki dance.... I'll ask one last time....

Your claim was....

Now, can you please provide the exact quote - without the childish personal attacks or kabuki dance - that backs up that claim?

Thanks
                            CP, stop acting the idiot for ideological reasons. Just read the last eight quotes in the link I posted. It is so obvious that anyone without a blindspot bias can see the admission. I'm not going to copy the whole thing for you just so that you can continue to deny it as we all know you will anyway.

Comment

CP, stop acting the idiot for ideological reasons. Just read the last eight quotes in the link I posted. It is so obvious that anyone without a blindspot bias can see the admission. I'm not going to copy the whole thing for you just so that you can continue to deny it as we all know you will anyway.
                              Just ONE line, Jimmy - that's all you need to point to. Just one simple actual quote from the article.

Here's what you said....
                              Michael Morell, GWB's CIA intelligence briefer, admitted to Chris Mathews on MSNBC"S Hardball that they lied us into war.
                              I'm going to give up, assuming that your current jackassery is your goofy way of admitting you can't back up what you said.

Bless your heart.

Comment

Just ONE line, Jimmy - that's all you need to point to. Just one simple actual quote from the article.

Here's what you said....

I'm going to give up, assuming that your current jackassery is your goofy way of admitting you can't back up what you said.

Bless your heart.
                                Anyone here with a brain knows that I backed it up CP, and they know also that you just can't answer to it. Did you read the last eight quotes in the link like I asked or not? Do you deny the admission by Morell in his answers or not?

Comment