Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Two NYPD Officers Gunned Down as They Sat in Their Radio Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seanD View Post
    And there seems to be no prior drug conviction, which rules out the possibility he was career drug dealer. Interesting.
    No, all it means is he never got caught.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Incidents like this make one reconsider the advisability of torture...

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
        No, all it means is he never got caught.
        Not being from the streets (I assume) and being sheltered from hard street life, you obviously don't know about street drug dealing. Drug dealing is not like winning the lottery overnight. You have to establish yourself in the streets before you can make a decent earning, especially if you're not affiliated with any particular street gang (you have to get the locals to trust you and the product you're selling, you have to recognize who has actual cash and who the cashless leeches are, you have to battle competitive drug dealers and street gangs, etc.) In the process of establishing yourself is a sure bet you're going to get caught at least once or twice.
        Last edited by seanD; 12-23-2014, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Not being from the streets (I assume), you obviously don't know about street drug dealing. Drug dealing is not like winning the lottery overnight. You have to establish yourself in the streets before you can make a decent earning, especially if you're not affiliated with any particular street gang (you have to get the locals to trust you and the product you're selling, you have to recognize who has actual cash and who the cashless leeches are, you have to battle competitive drug dealers and street gangs, etc.) In the process of establishing yourself is a sure bet you're going to get caught at least once or twice.
          A "drug conviction" doesn't necessarily mean "dealing".
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            A "drug conviction" doesn't necessarily mean "dealing".
            He didn't have a drug conviction as far as I know.

Comment

Just saw this story.

Fox has apologised after editing a video of protesters to make it sound as if they were chanting "kill a cop" during a demonstration over a grand jury decision not to charge the police officer who put Eric Garner in an illegal chokehold.

Protesters, led by Tawanda Jones, took to the streets of Washington DC earlier this month to campaign against the Grand Jury decision. The father-of-six died shortly after insisting “I can’t breathe”.

In the unedited footage, people could be heard chanting “we won’t stop, we can’t stop, until killer cops are in cell blocks.”

However, in the version altered by Fox and broadcast by the Baltimore-based affiliated channel Fox45, the chanting was cut down to wrongly portray Ms Jones and others as having said “we won’t stop, we can’t stop, so kill a cop.”

The real footage, that was broadcast on C-Span, backs Ms Jones’ claim that Fox misrepresented her and the other protesters to cast the event in a negative light.

Ms Jones, sister of Tyrone West who died in police custody in July last year, yesterday appeared in a tearful interview with the channel after she complained about their false representation of the protest and the tarnishing of her reputation while she fought for justice of those who have died in similar circumstances of corruption.

She said: “What really gets to me is where you edited it and stopped. Like, how could that be a mistake?”

The blunder made by Fox45 follows the death of two NYPD police officers, Rafael Ramos and Liu Wenjin, who were shot dead by gunman Ismaaiyl Brinsley while sitting in a police patrol car on Saturday afternoon.

“My community needs the cops. Nobody deserves to be brutally murdered, so that hurt me,” Ms Jones continued in explaining that the real version of the chant actually meant that she believes everyone should be held accountable for their actions.

Ms Jones said that she complained to Fox after her ex-partner, a police officer himself, had alerted her to the gross misrepresentation that was being shown across the US and also worldwide.
              http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...t-9942216.html

Comment

Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

So, unless he robbed a business along the way to NY, where he got those hundred dollar bills remains a mystery. Hope they can trace it to the source. This ought to be interesting.

Comment

The original sounds like "so kill a cop" to me, so I can see how someone could've honestly made that mistake.
                    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

They cut out the last part of the chant. I doubt it was a mistake. But it's typical of MSM. Msnbc edited the Neil Helsing video to make it look like he was being heckled by gun rights advocates and NBC edited the Zimmerman phone recordings to make him sound like a racist. It's par for the course.

Comment

THe last part of the chant wouldn't have changed anything, since I can't properly hear what she's saying, other than "cell block".

I'm not familiar with the Neil Helsing video, but with the Zimmerman one they actually spliced different parts together to make it look like he said something entirely differrent, whereas in this one there was no editing, she just talks with an accent so it's easy to mistake "till killer cops" for "so kill a cop".
                        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

"On cell block" is perfectly clear. "So kill a cop on cell block" doesn't make any sense. It would have made anyone with common sense stop and pause what she was actually saying as a result. Hence, the reason they cut out the last part.

Comment

"On cell block" is perfectly clear. "So kill a cop on cell block" doesn't make any sense.
                            It sounds like ghetto slang.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                              It sounds like ghetto slang.
                              It doesn't take a person fluent in ebonics to know what cell block means lol.

Comment

It doesn't take a person fluent in ebonics to know what cell block means lol.
                                If it's slang for something else it would have a different meaning from what it normally does. IE: neighborhood.

Comment