Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

No Room At The Inn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
    Jesus made us all slaves.
    wow

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Here's a pretty song with nice pictures of flowers and baby ducks.

I wish you Joy.

(It's AWFULLY slow and... sleepy )
      Even your taste in music is terrible. Here, have my favorite Christmas song:

"As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Even your taste in music is terrible. Here, have my favorite Christmas song:
        Not terrible, Darthy -- it was HORRENDOUS!!!!

The first one I found about children being a blessing was from one of those "quiver full" movements.

Yes, GREAT music!

Merry Christmas, Darthy --- you get the last word!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

wow

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.
          Yeah, Christ set us free from God.

What then? Are we to sin because we are not under law but under grace? By no means! Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness? But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness. I am speaking in human terms, because of your natural limitations. For just as you once presented your members as slaves to impurity and to lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves to righteousness leading to sanctification.

For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness. But what fruit were you getting at that time from the things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those things is death. But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the fruit you get leads to sanctification and its end, eternal life. For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

• Doulos, Darthy.

Different kind of slave, and CERTAINLY not the kind that you claimed children were.

Keep trying, maybe you'll get it eventually.

Merry Christmas.

Comment

Doulos, Darthy.

Different kind of slave, and CERTAINLY not the kind that you claimed children were.

Keep trying, maybe you'll get it eventually.

Merry Christmas.
              What kind of slave did I claim children were CP? You're the one who insisted there's only one type of slave and that it's all evil and icky and bad. The way you suddenly try to reverse positions and pretend i'm the one arguing what you've been arguing all thread is hilarious.

Comment

You're the one who insisted there's only one type of slave and that it's all evil and icky and bad.
                Absolutely false, but.....

you win!

Comment

• I wish you guys would stop saying 'Merry Christmas', it's hurting my liberal brain. Help, I'm melting ...

6d4105aa8c6f23d4b12d3ba8ce28138fa2b5e75cd7bbb6caa573f714fda27aa3.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by pancreasman View Post
                    I wish you guys would stop saying 'Merry Christmas', it's hurting my liberal brain. Help, I'm melting ...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3202[/ATTACH]
                    Happy dark days of wint.... hey... it's probably JUNE down there!

Comment

Happy dark days of wint.... hey... it's probably JUNE down there!
                      It certainly is a different concept down here. Here is a great song by an Australian atheist comedian that I think is really beautiful and captures the Australian experience very well.

Comment

Absolutely not. I'm TRYING to give you opportunity to ACT like one.

I asked you talk about your Christian walk in a public venue, but you don't seem willing to do so.
                        Indeed. Problem?

Tell us about your Joy in Jesus.
                        I prefer not to cast pearls before swine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paprika View Post
                          I prefer not to cast pearls before swine.
                          Ya gotta HAVE pearls before you can cast them.

Merry Christmas to you, Pappy.

Comment

And slavery is not a good thing.
                            The connotation is disgusting.
                            Later:
                            Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            Different kind of slave

Comment

Ya gotta HAVE pearls before you can cast them.
                              So the guy who repeatedly asks me to cast them thinks I don't have them?

Merry Christmas to you, Pappy.
                              Have a Merry Xmas, CP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paprika View Post
                                So the guy who repeatedly asks me to cast them thinks I don't have them?
                                I NEVER asked you to cast them. I am simply encouraging you to share your testimony. So far, I haven't seen any.

Have a Merry Xmas, CP.
                                And a partridge in a pear tree!

Comment