Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

So How Is The Sexual Revolution Working Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
    Correct. Seer might not be wrong when he implies that the mores instilled during the sexual revolution were ultimately a bad thing. But it's fallacious make that argument merely on the basis of STD spread.
    No it isn't. Granted, there are other things, like the negative impact of female promiscuity on their lives, but the STDs alone are enough, especially when you consider the fact that they require the manufacture of new vaccines, thus exponsing the entire population to risks that go beyond diseases mutating, to say nothing of treatment costs. Libruls want universal health care but have zero intention of actually demanding responsibility when it comes to sex, or not flying barfing Ebola infested Africans over because rayciss'm.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      So about a third of the US population has an STD at any given time. Wonderful! I wonder how many tax dollars are being wasted since we turned into rutting animals.

http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2014/10/...ny-given-time/
      We are rutting animals. God designed men and women with sexual drives that far exceed their need to reproduce.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
        We are rutting animals. God designed men and women with sexual drives that far exceed their need to reproduce.
        Will you be fighting to legalize rape then?
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
          Will you be fighting to legalize rape then?
          I merely acknowledged we have a bigger sexual drive than is required, which some Christians also believe. The smart ones who know that's undeniable.

Comment

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
            Correct. Seer might not be wrong when he implies that the mores instilled during the sexual revolution were ultimately a bad thing. But it's fallacious make that argument merely on the basis of STD spread.
            Do you agree that without the new mores that originated in the 60s, the number of people infected with STDs would be fewer?

Comment

No whag, our sexual appetites are distorted by sin.
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

No whag, our sexual appetites are distorted by sin.
                That is no more true than for the rutting animals you mentioned. Horny geese reproduce a lot. Ditto for horny chimps and human beings. The law is to reproduce a lot so as to replenish the dead stock. That's why there's so much making whoopee.

Comment

That is no more true than for the rutting animals you mentioned. Horny geese reproduce a lot. Ditto for horny chimps and human beings. The law is to reproduce a lot so as to replenish the dead stock. That's why there's so much making whoopee.
                  Except we are moral beings who can control our appetites.
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Theoretically...
                    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                      Theoretically...
                      Well yes, whether we exercise that control is another question. Given the point of this thread it looks like we are controlling our passions less and less.

Comment

Yes, as King David and his assortment of women attest. ;)

You shouldn't think of this issue binarily. We really are animals and that has a lot to do with this. It's not a matter of too much sex but more bad parenting. Parents don't teach their kids they are animals with a much bigger sex drive than they needed on the savannah. Most parents don't raise their kids to consider that fact. For example, most don't talk openly about masturbation....or menstruation in some cases. My wife comes from a family whose mothers failed to pass on that vital info to the daughters.

I'm just saying all that factors in. It's not due to a specific movement but its allso driven by fear and ignorance. Don't believe that, just look at your brethren in Uganda.
                        Last edited by whag; 10-10-2014, 08:07 PM.

Comment

You shouldn't think of this issue binarily. We really are animals and that has a lot to do with this. It's not a matter of too much sex but more bad parenting. Parents don't teach their kids they are animals with a much bigger sex drive than they needed on the savannah. Most parents don't raise their kids to consider that fact. For example, most don't talk openly about masturbation....or menstruation in some cases. My wife comes from a family whose mothers failed to pass on that vital info to the daughters.

I'm just saying all that factors in. It's not due to a specific movement but its allso driven by fear and ignorance. Don't believe that, just look at your brethren in Uganda.
                          Yep, more of Whag blaming God for all the ills of humanity. Your hatred of religion always comes shining though, eh? Too bad my mother wasn't the same way eh? Too bad nobody has said sexual desire is inherently sinful, eh? Too bad the Bible doesn't actually say that either, eh? What is that term called again when you attack positions people don't hold to and make up positions for them to hold to? Oh that's right, a strawman. Good job whag, spreading your hatred and disinformation of religion; anywhere your post.
                          Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 10-10-2014, 08:18 PM.
                          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Yes and my mother's family had eleven brothers and sisters - they all remained faithful and married for 50-60 years until death did part them. Of course they were all devote Catholics.

Comment