Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

White House Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epoetker
    replied
    It's nice to see that the new female Secret Service director is applying the same open borders policy to the White House that Obama applied to the Mexican border. Finally, some openness and transparency from this administration.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Meh... there are plenty of locks (including "schoolhouse locks") that can be locked from the outside, but quickly and easily opened from the inside... I can't believe they haven't thought of that.
    Those doors aren't easy to retrofit onto a historic building like the White House - but more to the point, they all open outward (necessarily so - fire codes and with good reason). That's great if you're coming out - not so great if you're trying to herd the President back in before he gets hurt...

Originally posted by CP
    Yeah, when I was there with Promise Keepers, you could actually see the snipers on the roof... but, then again, Promise Keepers was a real threat to National Security, i guess.
    Hey, you never know about those religious zealots...

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Actually, they leave the doors unlocked so they can respond quickly - you don't want to be dodging bullets and fumbling with keys if you're outside and you don't want to be trying to get out when they need you if you are inside.
    Meh... there are plenty of locks (including "schoolhouse locks") that can be locked from the outside, but quickly and easily opened from the inside... I can't believe they haven't thought of that.

Of course, the idea is to have the yard visually covered at all times so no one gets the chance to get close enough to try the doors...
    Yeah, when I was there with Promise Keepers, you could actually see the snipers on the roof... but, then again, Promise Keepers was a real threat to National Security, i guess.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    Actually, they leave the doors unlocked so they can respond quickly - you don't want to be dodging bullets and fumbling with keys if you're outside and you don't want to be trying to get out when they need you if you are inside.

Of course, the idea is to have the yard visually covered at all times so no one gets the chance to get close enough to try the doors...

Leave a comment:

• KingsGambit
    replied
    I still can't believe they left the doors unlocked.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    started a topic White House Security

White House Security

I thought this was great... this showed up in my Twitter account....

secret service.jpg

Like, he's gonna say, "well, it's OK if it only happens a couple times a year".