Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

White House Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raphael
    replied
    Moderated By: Raphael

The derail has been moved here

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
    Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
    I think people should stop talking about Obama's incompetence. Look at all he has accomplished, much of what he was sent to do by his handlers. He has done more to destroy this nation than anyone before him.
    In his defense didn't he promise to fundamentally change America? And wasn't the American electorate stupid enough to put him in office twice (the old "fool me once shame on you; fool me twice shame on me" rule ought to apply)?

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
    I think people should stop talking about Obama's incompetence. Look at all he has accomplished, much of what he was sent to do by his handlers. He has done more to destroy this nation than anyone before him.
    yeah

Leave a comment:

• Jedidiah
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    . . . IMOHBA opinion, yet another example of the buffoonery of the Community Organizer in Chief who hasn't got a clue how to run a business, a government, or a koolaid stand.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    I think it's to Obama's credit that he doesn't dump staff the instant things go wrong.
    He doesn't dump staff AT ALL, so.... that's really irrelevant.

Unfortunately, he doesn't do it when he needs to, either.
    EGGzackly.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by myth View Post
    If their work culture is so degraded that the men (and women) manning the front lines are discouraged from raising security concerns, then they've got problems that a new Director won't be able to fix. It's going to require an overhaul in mindset from the first-line supervisors on up. They'll probably need to start axing other high level management, too. Be interesting to see if anything of the sort happens.
    Well, yeah, but that starts with a new Director who can implement that. Same with the mess with the Veterans Administration.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    I think it's to Obama's credit that he doesn't dump staff the instant things go wrong. Unfortunately, he doesn't do it when he needs to, either.

Leave a comment:

• myth
    replied
    The problems at the Secret Service did NOT start when "a woman" took charge...

Source: Washington Post

If the fence jumping wasn’t enough to dirty the agency’s reputation, details of a fumbled response to a 2011 shooting, first disclosed by my colleague Carol Leonnig, certainly were. That drew much of the committee’s attention.

In that case, which occurred before Pierson became director, the Secret Service didn’t even know a White House window had been hit by gunfire until days later.

Rep. John L. Mica (R-Fla.) suggested the Secret Service could learn from home security companies. “Have you ever heard of these guys?” he asked, holding up the ADT logo.

The top Democrat on the committee was in no joking mood about the shots that hit the White House.

“What concerns me most about this report is that agents said they were hesitant to raise security concerns with their supervisors,” Rep. Elijah Cummings of Maryland said. “There’s a problem of trust.”

© Copyright Original Source

The work culture was going to pot before Pierson took over, and there were plenty of problems under Mark Sullivan. This in no way relieves Pierson of responsibility -- it's, IMOHBA opinion, yet another example of the buffoonery of the Community Organizer in Chief who hasn't got a clue how to run a business, a government, or a koolaid stand.
    If their work culture is so degraded that the men (and women) manning the front lines are discouraged from raising security concerns, then they've got problems that a new Director won't be able to fix. It's going to require an overhaul in mindset from the first-line supervisors on up. They'll probably need to start axing other high level management, too. Be interesting to see if anything of the sort happens.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    The problems at the Secret Service did NOT start when "a woman" took charge...

Source: Washington Post

If the fence jumping wasn’t enough to dirty the agency’s reputation, details of a fumbled response to a 2011 shooting, first disclosed by my colleague Carol Leonnig, certainly were. That drew much of the committee’s attention.

In that case, which occurred before Pierson became director, the Secret Service didn’t even know a White House window had been hit by gunfire until days later.

Rep. John L. Mica (R-Fla.) suggested the Secret Service could learn from home security companies. “Have you ever heard of these guys?” he asked, holding up the ADT logo.

The top Democrat on the committee was in no joking mood about the shots that hit the White House.

“What concerns me most about this report is that agents said they were hesitant to raise security concerns with their supervisors,” Rep. Elijah Cummings of Maryland said. “There’s a problem of trust.”

The work culture was going to pot before Pierson took over, and there were plenty of problems under Mark Sullivan. This in no way relieves Pierson of responsibility -- it's, IMOHBA opinion, yet another example of the buffoonery of the Community Organizer in Chief who hasn't got a clue how to run a business, a government, or a koolaid stand.

Leave a comment:

• One Bad Pig
    replied
    Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    This is just getting weirder...
    And per my Washington Post Express this morning, one reason she was perceived as failing was that she claimed she'd learned some things about her agency from reading the Washington Post. If only the Commander in Chief held himself to the same standard. . . .

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    Yup.

Leave a comment:

• KingsGambit
    replied
    So, the guy with the gun in the elevator with Obama was, apparently, a security guard who had a criminal background. Doesn't THAT give ya the warm fuzzies? And, supposedly, the only reason they discovered this was because the guy wouldn't stop taking pictures, and he annoyed the secret service guys. Other than that, Mrs Lincoln.....

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Secret Service Director has resigned. She should NEVER have been in that position in the first place. This is a classic example of the Organizer in Chief putting ideology over national security, or even his OWN security.
    She was a PC appointee put into the position after the Colombian prostitution scandal who had the complete support of Obama all the way right up until she went under the bus

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Source: NYT

WASHINGTON — Julia Pierson, the director of the Secret Service, is resigning in the wake of several security breaches, according to administration officials.

The resignation came less than a day after lawmakers from both parties assailed Ms. Pierson’s leadership and said they feared for the lives of the president and others in the protection of the agency.

A 30-year veteran of the Secret Service, Ms. Pierson was supposed to have been the one to repair the agency’s reputation after scandals that raised questions about a culture that gave rise to incidents involving drinking and prostitution during overseas trips.

But her tenure has been rocked by more serious allegations that her agents and officers have not been performing their primary job competently. Under intense questioning on Capitol Hill on Tuesday, Ms. Pierson admitted that those charged with securing the White House had failed to follow numerous security protocols, allowing a man armed with a knife to penetrate deep inside the mansion.

ss.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Secret Service Director has resigned. She should NEVER have been in that position in the first place. This is a classic example of the Organizer in Chief putting ideology over national security, or even his OWN security.

Leave a comment: