Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

White House Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cow Poke
    replied
    So, the guy with the gun in the elevator with Obama was, apparently, a security guard who had a criminal background. Doesn't THAT give ya the warm fuzzies? And, supposedly, the only reason they discovered this was because the guy wouldn't stop taking pictures, and he annoyed the secret service guys. Other than that, Mrs Lincoln.....

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Oh, this is soooo yesterday's news. Now they found a guy with a gun who was in the elevator with the President...

You can't make this stuff up!
    That was post #12.

Leave a comment:

• KingsGambit
    replied
    Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
    This may be a dumb question, but has it been established what this guy was trying to do? I guess I'm surprised that all of the attention is on the Secret Service's screwup (which deserves attention), rather than on the guy who broke in with apparently violent intentions.
    I'd like to know that too. I saw some report that said he had a bunch of weapons in his car but hadn't heard anything else on that.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Well the good news is that if Obama turns out to be the anti-christ totalitarian dictator after all, he won't last long with his security detail.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
    This may be a dumb question, but has it been established what this guy was trying to do? I guess I'm surprised that all of the attention is on the Secret Service's screwup (which deserves attention), rather than on the guy who broke in with apparently violent intentions.

Oh, this is soooo yesterday's news. Now they found a guy with a gun who was in the elevator with the President...

You can't make this stuff up!

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    ANY door is easy to refit --- it's the LOCKSET, not the whole door.

And that's no problem at all... "panic hardware" is available for any door, and opens at the push from inside, while being securely locked from outside. The idea that they would have to "fumble with a key" is silly, for the very "fire codes" you mention.... "the opening of the door from the inside shall not require the use of a key".
    Oh, cool - never seen one like that.

And the fire codes I referenced specify that doors open outward (so people can get out). Still an issue if the problem is getting in - though not as bad as a commercial door would be.

Originally posted by CP
    That's why you leave one guard inside.
    And hope he doesn't have to go potty...

Originally posted by CP
    Yeah, I ARE one --- I believe in eating flesh, drinking blood, and dead people coming back to life!
    SEE!!!!

Hey, waitaminute...

Leave a comment:

• Zymologist
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Source: YahooNews

WASHINGTON (AP) — Under withering criticism from Congress, the director of the Secret Service on Tuesday admitted failures in her agency's critical mission of protecting the president but repeatedly sidestepped key questions about how a knife-carrying intruder penetrated ring after ring of security before finally being tackled deep inside the White House.

Despite the extraordinary lapses in the Sept. 19 incident, Julia Pierson asserted: "The president is safe today."

Hours later, reports emerged of yet another failure in Secret Service protocol, this time in President Barack Obama's presence.

© Copyright Original Source

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    It's easy to figure out how to break into the white house. Just watch an episode of 24 and see how Jack Bauer does it.

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    This was simply awesome!

rep-mica-holds-shows-adt-securit.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    White House LACK of Security

I should have titled this thread what I titled this post.... [bolding mine]

Source: Washington Examiner

A man with a gun that the Secret Service did not know about rode in an elevator with President Obama during his visit to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta on Sept. 16.

The previously undisclosed breach, confirmed by two sources familiar with the case, raises new questions about the agency's ability to protect the president.

The incident, which took place three days before an intruder jumped a fence and sprinted inside the White House, involved a failure in Secret Service advance work to prevent an armed man from coming into close proximity with Obama while he was visiting the CDC to receive a briefing about the Ebola threat.

The threat to the president appeared minimal, but the incident alarmed agents on site and exposes a breakdown in several important Secret Service security protocols, the sources say.

The information comes the same day Secret Service Director Julia Pierson appeared before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee and lawmakers publicly upbraided her for three hours about the Sept. 19 White House security breach, among other problems at the agency.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    hearings.jpg

Source: YahooNews

WASHINGTON (AP) — Under withering criticism from Congress, the director of the Secret Service on Tuesday admitted failures in her agency's critical mission of protecting the president but repeatedly sidestepped key questions about how a knife-carrying intruder penetrated ring after ring of security before finally being tackled deep inside the White House.

Despite the extraordinary lapses in the Sept. 19 incident, Julia Pierson asserted: "The president is safe today."

Hours later, reports emerged of yet another failure in Secret Service protocol, this time in President Barack Obama's presence.

When asked "what percentage of the time have you advised the President of incidents where his safety was in jeopardy, she replied, after stammering a bit, "100%". Asked for the NUMBER of times she advised him, she said "one". There have been at least THREE incidents in 2014 - the year in question - so her answer is wrong by a factor of idiot or liar.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    They declined my son's request for a tour next weekend because of this incident.
    Seriously, though, it's sad to see how they "over correct" when they goof up. And HERE is the "lady" responsible for all this...

secret service.jpg

Yet ANOTHER example of an incredibly inept community organizer appointing an incredibly inept individual to a very important post. Will she be fired?

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Those doors aren't easy to retrofit onto a historic building like the White House -
    ANY door is easy to refit --- it's the LOCKSET, not the whole door.

but more to the point, they all open outward (necessarily so - fire codes and with good reason).
    And that's no problem at all... "panic hardware" is available for any door, and opens at the push from inside, while being securely locked from outside. The idea that they would have to "fumble with a key" is silly, for the very "fire codes" you mention.... "the opening of the door from the inside shall not require the use of a key".

That's great if you're coming out - not so great if you're trying to herd the President back in before he gets hurt...
    That's why you leave one guard inside.

Hey, you never know about those religious zealots...
    Yeah, I ARE one --- I believe in eating flesh, drinking blood, and dead people coming back to life!

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    They declined my son's request for a tour next weekend because of this incident.
    Just tell him to hop the fence and run for the door... they'll leave the light on for him. (and the door unlocked)

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied

Leave a comment: