Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

US Finally Intervening in Iraq -- or NOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robertb View Post
    I suppose you could have leveled a couple city blocks and took out a few civilians collaterally. Would that have made you happier?
    I would have been much happier had Obama decided to do something 8 months ago when ISIS was massing in the desert OUTSIDE of the cities, and with only "them" as targets.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by robertb View Post
      I suppose you could have leveled a couple city blocks and took out a few civilians collaterally. Would that have made you happier?
      Depends... how many of the enemy were there using the civilians as human shields? The BEST answer is boots on the ground and kick those morons back to the stone age. They don't care about losing a single artillery battery. It's like a baseball hitter breaking a bat. It only makes them wait long enough for the equipment manager to come to them with a replacement. THEY need to die, not their hardware.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        Depends... how many of the enemy were there using the civilians as human shields? The BEST answer is boots on the ground and kick those morons back to the stone age. They don't care about losing a single artillery battery. It's like a baseball hitter breaking a bat. It only makes them wait long enough for the equipment manager to come to them with a replacement. THEY need to die, not their hardware.
        Agreed! Which is why I said "them" as targets. An AC-47 or AC-130 Spooky could do a great job of that.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment