Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Real Foreign Influence...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
    Does anyone remember the Pence-Kobach commission? That proved remarkably short lived. It operated in secret, was somewhat incompetent, and was described [by a senior WH advisor no less] as a Edited by a Moderator

It demanded that all states sent it their voter registration lists, including voters' personal details and Social Security numbers. This request, with its potential to access private citizens' personal details, was, not unsurprisingly, rewarded with bipartisan opposition, with the secretary of state in Mississippi [a Republican] telling the commission to "jump in the Gulf of Mexico". The opposition to its over-reach and sweeping requests led to numerous law suits. The commission duly found itself tied up in these litigious proceedings which rendered it unable to issue the report it had been convened to produce. Hence in the early part of 2018 it was quietly disbanded.
    And?
    Last edited by QuantaFille; 09-05-2020, 07:55 AM. Reason: Quoting modded text

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
      Yeah, because whites don't ever have to work a 9-5.

It's ridiculous arguments like that that leave me with only two options of why the left is against voter ID. The first reason is that it's because they're just a bunch racists (the option I lean more towards, as evidenced in this video and other numerous instances of this type of racism), or they know how easy it is to get away with voter fraud without the ID.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
        Does anyone remember the Pence-Kobach commission? That proved remarkably short lived. It operated in secret, was somewhat incompetent, and was described [by a senior WH advisor no less] as a "Edited by a Moderator show".

It demanded that all states sent it their voter registration lists, including voters' personal details and Social Security numbers. This request, with its potential to access private citizens' personal details, was, not unsurprisingly, rewarded with bipartisan opposition, with the secretary of state in Mississippi [a Republican] telling the commission to "jump in the Gulf of Mexico". The opposition to its over-reach and sweeping requests led to numerous law suits. The commission duly found itself tied up in these litigious proceedings which rendered it unable to issue the report it had been convened to produce. Hence in the early part of 2018 it was quietly disbanded.
        Last edited by Cerebrum123; 09-05-2020, 07:09 AM.

Comment

In principle, one could make a case that requiring voter IDs is a form of a poll tax which the constitution directly forbids, if there is not a provision for those without the ability to pay to get one for free. I'm sure this could be done, and the majority of people do have the ability to pay.

I read a news article a few years ago about a guy who went into the post office throwing a fit about a mail-in ballot requiring a stamp being a form of a poll tax. If a state went to mail-only, this might actually be a legitimate point.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

This coming election could lead to much violence, will we ever know the winner?

Georgia secretary of state says 1,000 people double-voted in Georgia primary, suggesting that mail-in voting is in fact fraught with risk

https://www.theblaze.com/news/1000-p...eorgia-primary
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              This coming election could lead to much violence, will we ever know the winner?

Georgia secretary of state says 1,000 people double-voted in Georgia primary, suggesting that mail-in voting is in fact fraught with risk

https://www.theblaze.com/news/1000-p...eorgia-primary
              Best case scenario is that this ends up in massive chaos and confusion about who won the election, along with media fueling it all by propagandizing lies like they normally do, and maybe riots in the streets. That's best case. You don't want to know my worst case.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                You don't want to know my worst case.
                No I don't...
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

The DMV handles driver's licenses which are what is most used as an ID card in the USA. They will also issue non-driver ID cards. I have never heard of a DMV office only open on Thursdays. Most are open Monday-Friday during business hours and the ones around here are open on Saturdays. And any large town or city will probably have more than one DMV office that you could go to. In smaller towns the licenses/ID are just handled by the County Clerk's office.

Comment