Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The African-American Vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The African-American Vote

I can't stay up late and watch the RNC. As I read summaries of the previous night, it strikes me that the Republicans are going hard after the African-American vote. According to the summaries, some of the best speeches have been given by African-Americans.

So if Trump wins, are we going to discover that the Democrats took the African-American vote for granted and it didn't show for them?
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

It's really hard to tell at this point, but yeah, some of them really hit back hard against Joe's "if you don't vote Democrat you ain't black" nonsense.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I haven't watched it either. I can't think of a single convention I ever did watch for more than 10 minutes (too gaudy). But I hope they are also singling out the Democratic cities that are in turmoil right now.

Comment

Zogby poll says Trump's approval rating with black voters is at 36%
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I don't imagine some of the nasty things Democrats are saying about black folks who have spoken eloquently at the Republican National Convention is doing much for Biden's standings with black voters.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
            I can't stay up late and watch the RNC. As I read summaries of the previous night, it strikes me that the Republicans are going hard after the African-American vote. According to the summaries, some of the best speeches have been given by African-Americans.

So if Trump wins, are we going to discover that the Democrats took the African-American vote for granted and it didn't show for them?
            Every african american I know is either voting trump, or has said they're not voting for either candidate.

So yeah, I think we'll definitely be seeing that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
              I haven't watched it either. I can't think of a single convention I ever did watch for more than 10 minutes (too gaudy). But I hope they are also singling out the Democratic cities that are in turmoil right now.
              They seem to be focusing attention on that enough that now Don Lemon who has been simping for the rioters/BLM folks the last few months is now begging Biden to condemn the protests because they aren't polling well in focus groups, etc. now:
              https://www.theblaze.com/news/don-le...ting-democrats

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
                They seem to be focusing attention on that enough that now Don Lemon who has been simping for the rioters/BLM folks the last few months is now begging Biden to condemn the protests because they aren't polling well in focus groups, etc. now:
                https://www.theblaze.com/news/don-le...ting-democrats
                That's hilarious! So does this spell the official end of the phony non-bias pretension of CNN? Now that they are attempting to direct the Democrat presidential candidate from their pulpit?

Comment