Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Let's stop the nonsense about federal agents in Portland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    That who were what? The scene is an ongoing riot.
    Do you have any evidence that the "wall of moms" was there at the same time that a bunch of anarchists were trying to burn down a federal building?

The stories I've seen had the wall of moms between the protesters and the police, and the police between the wall of moms and the building. Pretty sure the police would have been looking the other way if someone was trying to burn down the building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post
      Do you have any evidence that the "wall of moms" was there at the same time that a bunch of anarchists were trying to burn down a federal building?
      Seriously, have you not watched the videos? The REASON the liberals are talking about "the wall of moms" is because there's smoke and/or tear gas in the air, and chaos and mayhem, and the left is trying to say the police are targeting these dear "moms" who are yelling things like F the Police!

Now, there IS a movement "wall of moms" where women appear in PEACEFUL protests, which I applaud, even if I disagree with their message.

The stories I've seen had the wall of moms between the protesters and the police, and the police between the wall of moms and the building. Pretty sure the police would have been looking the other way if someone was trying to burn down the building.
      Pictures. Cites.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Understanding Portland:

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
          Understanding Portland:
          You didn't provide a source. Our beloved Rachel? Marx? Oprah?
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Understanding Portland:
            What a hodgepodge of different flavored poop...
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

You didn't provide a source. Our beloved Rachel? Marx? Oprah?
              WaPo
              https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...c21_story.html

If you like, I can give you a reading/listening list for refurbishing your soul.

Comment

WaPo
                https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...c21_story.html

If you like, I can give you a reading/listening list for refurbishing your soul.
                That might be helpful - kinda like a "don't waste your time with this crap" list.

Comment

Seriously, have you not watched the videos?
                  There are lots of videos. Did you have a particular one in mind?

The REASON the liberals are talking about "the wall of moms" is because there's smoke and/or tear gas in the air, and chaos and mayhem, and the left is trying to say the police are targeting these dear "moms" who are yelling things like F the Police!
                  No, they were talking about "the wall of moms" when there wasn't smoke and/or tear gas in the air.

Now, there IS a movement "wall of moms" where women appear in PEACEFUL protests, which I applaud, even if I disagree with their message.
                  And you just feel that there are never any PEACEFUL protests in Portland?

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                    I understand that some take it as disrespectful to the military, or whatever.
                    $20 says the people who are the most outraged now were curiously silent when Trump insulted one of this country's gold star families.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post
                      There are lots of videos. Did you have a particular one in mind?
                      They have been shared throughout several threads, but it was mostly based on comments JimL made. You don't REALLY believe JimL would make stuff up or exaggerate, do you?

No, they were talking about "the wall of moms" when there wasn't smoke and/or tear gas in the air.
                      Yes, there are lots of pictures of a "wall of moms" in peaceful protest settings, in the daytime, without smoke and/or tear gas in the air.

And you just feel that there are never any PEACEFUL protests in Portland?
                      Been there, saw peaceful protests all over the place. NEVER saw riots and the attempt to burn down federal buildings, siege police stations, or torch buildings. We actually enjoyed our visit to Portland. Probably won't ever go back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                        $20 says the people who are the most outraged now were curiously silent when Trump insulted one of this country's gold star families.
                        I don't do outrage. I FREQUENTLY complain about Trump saying stupid things, and have clearly wanted to have his Twitter account taken from him.

I accept cash, credit card, PayPal, Venmo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                          You mean the Gold Star family that went on the news and slammed him personally?
                          That's what
                          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

That might be helpful - kinda like a "don't waste your time with this crap" list.
                            It would help you, but not in that way. I think you need to swap your authoritarian tendencies for enlightenment ones.

Comment

It would help you, but not in that way. I think you need to swap your authoritarian tendencies for enlightenment ones.
                              No doubt you have my best interests at heart.

Comment

No doubt you have my best interests at heart.
                                You know yourself that what brings you joy, you wish to share with others.

Comment