Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Smithsonian: You Are Racist If...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
    Then they should have devalued white and blacks equally. If this was not done, it was inexcusable racism.
    It was called "The 3/5ths Compromise" for a reason. It was a compromise, not an ideal solution.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      And whether you realize it or not, the fact you are white has made you getting to where you are easier than if you had been born black, all other things being equal.
      Wow... so blacks are less able to succeed than whites even when given equal opportunities. Do you really believe this?
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
        No, their racism has been exposed...
        Your radical support of slave owning racism has been exposed by your selective citation to justify your racism agenda and your choice of 'personal' photo worshiping Robert E Lee, the one who lead the Army of Northern Virginia to justify rebellion against the United States leading to the death of hundreds of thousands base don the support of the institution of slavery in the name of states rights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Wow... so blacks are less able to succeed than whites even when given equal opportunities. Do you really believe this?
          Please at least try to stop being an idiot. Things equal refers to basic capabilities of the individuals. A black man statistically grows up disadvantaged relative to a white person because the culture itself makes it easier for a white person to succeed than for a black person to succeed.

On average, a black person is NOT given the same opportunities as a white person.
          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 07-17-2020, 10:04 PM.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

How in the world do you go from 'it was likely easier for you if you are white' to 'whites are superior'? I'm talking about priviledge, circumstances outside the person, not who they are internally.

Your accusations are equally absurd. I believe we are all equal. That means that - on average - the reasons for the statistical disparity are external to the individuals themselves, not related (as a group) to their physical characteristics or mental capacity.
            I know you claim it's privilege, but I gave an example of where that's simply not true, in fact, just the opposite. Minorities have tons of privilege that whites don't have; everything from college, housing, loans, jobs, etc... the list goes on. I don't think you're dumb. I think you know whites don't have special privilege, you're just using it as a crutch for your racist views about blacks. I believe that's what a lot of liberals do. They view blacks as helpless and incapable of doing things without assistance, and that's a clear reflection of their racist tendencies. Liberals twist that view into white privilege because it's less ugly and easier for them to swallow. I believe you said you were raised in a very racist household, correct? I'm not saying you're an open racist, it may be deeply rooted in you; on a subconscious level. That's why you're so incessant about it and quick to accuse others (including me) of being racists. That's called projection.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
              I know you claim it's privilege, but I gave an example of where that's simply not true, in fact, just the opposite. Minorities have tons of privilege that whites don't have; everything from college, housing, loans, jobs, etc... the list goes on. I don't think you're dumb. I think you know whites don't have special privilege, you're just using it as a crutch for your racist views about blacks. I believe that's what a lot of liberals do. They view blacks as helpless and incapable of doing things without assistance, and that's a clear reflection of their racist tendencies. Liberals twist that view into white privilege because it's less ugly and easier for them to swallow. I believe you said you were raised in a very racist household, correct? I'm not saying you're an open racist, it may be deeply rooted in you; on a subconscious level. That's why you're so incessant about it and quick to accuse others (including me) of being racists. That's called projection.
              I remember the topic of white privilege coming up in our first interaction on here. Do you still not know what that term refers to?

If white privilege wasn't a thing then this joke by Chris Rock wouldn't make any sense (link contains blue language).

It won't be funny if I explain the joke for those who don't click but it amounts to no white man would be willing to change places with him even though he's rich.
              Last edited by DivineOb; 07-18-2020, 12:36 AM.

Comment

That's just bizarre.

I have never seen a person so hateful of another as to be willing to cast the good motives and efforts of another as themselves the very same evil they have tried to counter their entire life ...

Until today.
                Last edited by oxmixmudd; 07-18-2020, 01:28 AM.
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

That's just bizarre.
                  Which part?

Comment

Which part?
                    All of it. As I just added.

Comment

All of it. As I just added.
                      If you saw a preacher incessantly raving about sexual sin day after day and accusing everyone of doing it, wouldn't your first inclination be that he's probably projecting? And am I right you were raised in a racist household? I thought you had said that earlier.

Comment

That's just bizarre.

I have never seen a person so hateful of another as to be willing to cast the good motives and efforts of another as themselves evil ...

Until today.
                        Though my intent is not hate towards you, you do the same thing to Christians. I mean you're downright nasty. I have never in my life or at least since I've been here in 2008 ever once heard another Christian bash Christians the way you do. I've definitely heard that vindictiveness from atheists, but never another Christian. But that's off topic.

I'm actually being truthful about my view of liberals and why they incessantly dwell on racism and accuse others of it so readily, and you're such a perfect example of it. I know you think I'm being hateful to you, but this is a serious subject to me. The bizarre chart on that website just solidifies my belief about this.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                          Your radical support of slave owning racism has been exposed by your selective citation to justify your racism agenda and your choice of 'personal' photo worshiping Robert E Lee, the one who lead the Army of Northern Virginia to justify rebellion against the United States leading to the death of hundreds of thousands base don the support of the institution of slavery in the name of states rights.
                          Could there possibly be other reasons to use a picture of Lee? Like because he was a great warrior, or to trigger idiots like you?
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                            I remember the topic of white privilege coming up in our first interaction on here. Do you still not know what that term refers to?

If white privilege wasn't a thing then this joke by Chris Rock wouldn't make any sense (link contains blue language).

It won't be funny if I explain the joke for those who don't click but it amounts to no white man would be willing to change places with him even though he's rich.
                            White privilege is broad brushing. Obama's daughters have way more privilege than my grand kids could ever dream of. And if your race is 70-80% of the population of course they will generally be in better positions financially or other wise. You will find black privilege in Africa, Semitic privilege in the Middle East, yellow privilege in China or Asia, Brown privilege in Mexico. People are tribal and generally feel more comfortable dealing with their own kind.
                            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

White privilege is broad brushing. Obama's daughters have way more privilege than my grand kids could ever dream of. And if your race is 70-80% of the population of course they will generally be in better positions financially or other wise. You will find black privilege in Africa, Semitic privilege in the Middle East, yellow privilege in China or Asia, Brown privilege in Mexico. People are tribal and generally feel more comfortable dealing with their own kind.

Broad brush yes, but a correct broad brush.

It recognizes the general statistical situation in America. It is not talking about specific individuals but rather the average situation across the country.

Do you realize you are implying that it's ok, the norm, not something harmful to be changed but something that must just be accepted?

Comment

Could there possibly be other reasons to use a picture of Lee? Like because he was a great warrior, or to trigger idiots like you?
                                Doesn't matter. I could throw up an avatar of ghengis kahm or stahlin or even Hitler and claim the same thing.

The man betrayed the nation and fought for the right to own slaves. It says (at best) you are willing to accept that and still allow him to represent you in some way. At worst it says you admire him, up to and including what he fought for.

Comment