Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Texas hospitals are running out of drugs, beds, ventilators and even staff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know you guys are trying to annoy me but those are people who are dead now, most of them totally unnecessarily. I just don't understand how this callousness is compatible with gospel. I doubt you want a lecture from me though so I'll just leave it at that.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
      I know you guys are trying to annoy me but those are people who are dead now, most of them totally unnecessarily. I just don't understand how this callousness is compatible with gospel. I doubt you want a lecture from me though so I'll just leave it at that.
      We are trying to cure of the greatest disease -- coronaphobia. Truth will cure most people of this.

The Novel Cuomovirus was the main cause of death in NYC and was the main thing to push the numbers so far beyond flu season numbers.

Comment

As an atheist, these deaths are just natural selection to you, right? The disease is just removing the weaker and leaving the stronger. What is more callous than that? Evolution in action.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          As an atheist, these deaths are just natural selection to you, right? The disease is just removing the weaker and leaving the stronger. What is more callous than that? Evolution in action.
          Let's pretend you're correct about my views (you aren't). What does that have to do with the standard to which you are tasked with holding yourself? When you mock the death of someone due to COVID aren't you also mocking Jesus's death?
          Last edited by DivineOb; 07-16-2020, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Let's pretend you're correct about my views (you aren't). What does that have to do with the standard to which you are tasked with holding yourself? When you mock the death of someone due to COVID aren't you also mocking Jesus's death?
            Since I haven't been mocking any deaths, you are merely burning straw.

Comment

If one thought those deaths didn't matter because it was just natural selection, that would be pretty callous.

But most atheists don't fall for an appeal to nature. They know it's a fallacy.

Comment

Please help me understand your take on this graph.
                This graph is pretty illuminating:

Texas.jpg

Comment

Since I haven't been mocking any deaths, you are merely burning straw.
                  Does it not strike you as important that it appears to me that you are? Aren't you called to act in a manner utterly above reproach?

Comment

Does it not strike you as important that it appears to me that you are? Aren't you called to act in a manner utterly above reproach?
                    Right. The first-century Christians should have kept going to the worship of the city gods to avoid reproach.

All we need now is that the government mandate that people take hydrochloroquine if people think they need it and it is not counterindicated.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
                      This graph is pretty illuminating:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46742[/ATTACH]
                      Welcome to tweb, Stoic.

That is an odd term "new deaths." Do they have a chart for old deaths? It does help to provide the link. I guess it was somewhere near the link that was shared earlier.

The death rate listed there is quite small for a state the size of Texas. Plus, the new standards for "suspecting" the novel cuomovirus is a runny nose and other typical things of hay fever season.

I showed in another thread how Dallas County pretty consistently had cuomovirus-ascribed deaths below 10 from April thru June. This did not vary after going into quarantine or coming out of quarantine. It did not increase during the holiday celebrations.
                      Last edited by mikewhitney; 07-16-2020, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                        https://fox6now.com/2020/07/14/refri...ovid-19-surge/

Source: above

... In Arizona, one Phoenix hospital has called for morgue trucks to help alleviate a rapidly growing death count due to the ongoing pandemic.

A spokesperson for Abrazo Health told FOX 10 Phoenix that while its hospitals currently have adequate morgue space, the state has asked hospitals to implement emergency plans.

Abrazo has taken a proactive because Office of the Medical Examiner is currently near capacity for body storage.

© Copyright Original Source

So they are preparing for what appears to be to come. You would like to pretend this is an overreaction, but the reality is it is a prudent reaction, given the current uptick in COVID 19 cases and deaths.
                        Right... like I said, the trucks are there just in case and not because the morgues are filling up like the headlines are falsely claiming.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          Right... like I said, the trucks are there just in case and not because the morgues are filling up like the headlines are falsely claiming.
                          There'd be no need for trucks if there was plenty of room left...

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            We've been through this before with the hospital ship, the makeshift hospitals that were never used..... it's anticipation of a worst case scenario.
                            Yep, and that was 4 months ago, so why is Texas just preparing for the worst case scenario now?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Because governments have been over reacting since day one.
                              And why is Texas just "now" overreacting as you call it?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                And why is Texas just "now" overreacting as you call it?
                                They do everything BIG in Texas even if it is after cuomovirus is coming to the end of its season.

Comment