Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why Must They Try And Control Everything?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    Really, you send this kind of note home with the kids and the kid isn't going to open it up? But that is not the only point - which is - why the freak is the school doing even doing this in the first place. It is none of their business!!!!
    Amen. I really need that Amen button.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
      Not really a good point. What do you expect when you give a child a note for the parents and tell them not to read it? Just what happened.
      Right, so it was a plot to inform the children while maintaining plausible deniability.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
        Of course they shouldn't have disobeyed but it seems fair to assume that at least some will look so the consequences should have been nonetheless foreseen and considered.
        I haven't disagreed with that. But overlooking something is different from seer's charge of deliberate informing and "fascism", isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          Why would they even get involved. It is not the governments business...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5381239.html
          Dear Komrade,

We regret to inform you that your child is a staggering 'one pound' over the state-subsidized weight limit. We must ask that, for the glory of the collective, you must force your child to lose said weight, until it reaches a point that complies with the state-subsidize weight limit. Compliance to this request is mandatory.

Glory To Dear Leader!
          Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

-Thomas Aquinas

I love to travel, But hate to arrive.

-Hernando Cortez

What is the good of experience if you do not reflect?

-Frederick 2, Holy Roman Emperor

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
            I haven't disagreed with that. But overlooking something is different from seer's charge of deliberate informing and "fascism", isn't it?
            Well, I'm not going to defend the use of that particular word (which, like "communism" is overused on the Internet).
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Are you daft man? If you send that kind of note home, or even just call the parent, there is a very good chance that the child will find out - are these school officials so stupid that they didn't figure that a good portion of these kids would find out? But neither the child or parent should have been put in that position in the first place - it is none of the school's freaking business. And yes, liberals generally have fascist tendencies. It is all about control.
              Last edited by seer; 05-28-2014, 05:16 AM.
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I do tend to agree that this is headed toward a "nanny state" tendency.
                A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                  I do tend to agree that this is headed toward a "nanny state" tendency.
                  I take this as another indication that US society is beginning to collapse. The parallel is the Roman empire at the end: increased entertainment (now comics are fronted as news and society leaders); increased monitoring (hello NS_) which will be followed by repression, increased control of a population that is getting harder to control, and a political class that probably sees what's coming but can't generate the energy to prevent it. I think when the collapse really starts to hit, it will be like the crisis of 2008 - very FAST moving...
                  "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Right, so it was a plot to inform the children while maintaining plausible deniability.

Thought you were brighter and more honest than that.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

One would be hard pressed to find an event idiotic enough that even Paprika won't defend.
                      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                        One would be hard pressed to find an event idiotic enough that even Paprika won't defend.
                        Just like the spice of the same name, his posts often make my eyes water, whether with tears of laughter or depression.
                        Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

-Thomas Aquinas

I love to travel, But hate to arrive.

-Hernando Cortez

What is the good of experience if you do not reflect?

-Frederick 2, Holy Roman Emperor

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                          I draw the line at [s]some[/s] almost all of your posts. And I have not defended the system leading to this event, so you need to work on your honesty as well.
                          Last edited by Paprika; 05-28-2014, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                            Thought you were brighter and more honest than that.
                            Actually, it's a pretty accurate description of what seer is saying. Feel free to show otherwise.
                            Last edited by Paprika; 05-28-2014, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TimelessTheist View Post
                              Just like the spice of the same name, his posts often make my eyes water, whether with tears of laughter or depression.
                              Better than yours: bland with very little substance.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                                Well, I'm not going to defend the use of that particular word (which, like "communism" is overused on the Internet).
                                Right, and I'm not defending the policy, so I presume those attacking me for doing that are just trying to find a scapegoat to resolve all the emotion wrought by the journalists.

Pretty good going, people.

Comment