Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

COVID deaths still declining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    Then why require everyone to wear masks?
    Because 40% of carriers are asymptomatic. Duh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
      Because 40% of carriers are asymptomatic. Duh.
      So, assume everyone has it. Thanks for answering for Roy.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Then why require everyone to wear masks? Because you assume EVERYONE is carrying it and they can spread it.
        No, I don't assume that. SOME people will be carrying it without knowing it, and they ARE spreading it.

Oh, and I'm not American. We haven't had a massive resurgence of cases here, and the daily number of fatalities is, unlike in the US, still decreasing. I'm not requiring anyone to do anything, I'm just appalled by the callous idiots who put their own vanity above the safety of those around them.
        Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
        MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
          No, I don't assume that. SOME people will be carrying it without knowing it, and they ARE spreading it.
          So, because you don't know which "some" they are, it is assumed that everyone is one of the "some".

Oh, and I'm not American. We haven't had a massive resurgence of cases here, and the daily number of fatalities is, unlike in the US, still decreasing. I'm not requiring anyone to do anything, I'm just appalled by the callous idiots who put their own vanity above the safety of those around them.
          Again, it assumes that those "callous idiots" are carriers. If you do not have it, you are putting no one at risk.
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
            I'm not requiring anyone to do anything, I'm just appalled by the callous idiots who put their own vanity above the safety of those around them.
            It's not that much about vanity.

Sure, for some it might be, but most who resist wearing masks are virtue-signalling. They're putting on a public display of their contempt for science and expertise, and of their allegiance with the right-wing populism which dominates my country's government.

It's the most unpatriotic thing I've ever experienced, and especially-so because it results in the crushing of this country's economy - not to mention the actual deaths of American citizens.

Also, these conservative virtue signalers are generally the same people who call themselves "pro-life"...

Comment

It's not that much about vanity.

Sure, for some it might be, but most who resist wearing masks are virtue-signalling. They're putting on a public display of their contempt for science and expertise, and of their allegiance with the right-wing populism which dominates my country's government.

It's the most unpatriotic thing I've ever experienced, and especially-so because it results in the crushing of this country's economy - not to mention the actual deaths of American citizens.

Also, these conservative virtue signalers are generally the same people who call themselves "pro-life"...
              Unpatriotic...
              That's what
              - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                No - you can't (unless, of course, you simply haven't been allowed into a grocery store without a mask). And Roy is correct. Morons like you are killing people.
                This is flat Earth thinking right here.

Are you now going to permanently wear a mask for the rest of your life when interacting with the public on the off chance that you might unknowingly have a deadly disease that could infect somebody? What about wearing gloves, or living in a permanent state of self quarantine? If you answer no then you're a hypocrite.

Unless you have good reason to think you are contagious then extreme measures are unwarranted.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

No, you can't.
                  Yes I can. I am 100% positive that I am not infected with a contagious, life threatening illness, and I am 100% positive that not wearing a mask while buying food for my family has not put anybody's life at risk. This is not a lie, despite your hysterical insistence to the contrary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Yes I can. I am 100% positive that I am not infected with a contagious, life threatening illness, and I am 100% positive that not wearing a mask while buying food for my family has not put anybody's life at risk. This is not a lie, despite your hysterical insistence to the contrary.
                    Just got a breaking news alert that Walmart will now require all customers to wear masks, even ones with medical reasons to not wear them.
                    That's what
                    - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

A model based on what is known and proven is one thing. A model based almost entirely on guesswork is something else. We're obviously dealing with the latter when it comes to the China flu.
                      The burden of proof is on you to demonstrate that these models are based on "guesswork" (and by "guesswork" you actually mean "made up" rather than "informed guess").

Comment

So, assume everyone has it. Thanks for answering for Roy.
                        Not to mention that there is little if any evidence that asymptomatic carriers can transmit the China flu.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
                          The burden of proof is on you to demonstrate that these models are based on "guesswork" (and by "guesswork" you actually mean "made up" rather than "informed guess").
                          There's the fact that models and predictions have been not only been wrong but wildly wrong.

Comment

Then why require everyone to wear masks? Because you assume EVERYONE is carrying it and they can spread it.
                            Do you know the difference between 'anyone could be' and 'everyone is'?

Do you understand why a gun is ALWAYS treated like it could be loaded?

Do you understand why when you are walking carrying a knife, the blade is pointed at the ground?

Do you understand why we wear seatbelts?

Do you understand why we don't visit with a cancer patient undergoing chemo if we might have a cold?

The science shows wearing a mask helps reduce the spread of this potentially deadly virus in a significant and measurable way.

We do not unnecessarily endanger others.

It is call being a responsible adult.

It is called being a good citizen.
                            Last edited by oxmixmudd; 07-15-2020, 11:14 AM.
                            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                              Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              I can guarantee that me not wearing an ineffective face covering while buying food to feed my kids has not killed a single person
                              No, you can't.

I mean, if you're going to disagree about mask effectiveness, there's nothing anyone can do about that.

But don't lie about it. You cannot guarantee that no one has died as a result of your behavior, and every claim to the contrary is a bald-faced lie.
                              Yes I can. I am 100% positive that I am not infected with a contagious, life threatening illness, and I am 100% positive that not wearing a mask while buying food for my family has not put anybody's life at risk.
                              Your confidence isn't a guarantee of anything other than that you're confident.

Any claim to the contrary is a willfully-deceptive lie.

Comment

Not to mention that there is little if any evidence that asymptomatic carriers can transmit the <<bigoted term>>.
                                Stop lying:

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/7/20-1595_article

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejme2009758

http://med.stanford.edu/content/dam/...issionShip.pdf

https://www.healio.com/news/primary-...mon-in-covid19

https://elifesciences.org/articles/58728

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7323514/

https://www.ejradiology.com/article/...145-5/fulltext

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...b4ab-116191806

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7119514/

https://www.eurosurveillance.org/con...25.10.2000180/

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...63445320302358

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7271011/

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...84118220300402
                                Last edited by oxmixmudd; 07-15-2020, 11:25 AM.
                                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment