Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Retweeting Hate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seanD View Post
    DE is right, moderation is not always balanced, most likely because mods aren't omnipresent. For example DO made reference to an actual oral sex activity and I believe that post has remained untouched. It happens
    Yeah
    First, somebody has to notice a violation
    then somebody has to report it
    then a volunteer mod has to see the report
    then somebody has to act on it.....

so, yeah, we believe in "light moderation", and besides all I mentioned, we're just people.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
      I dunno about the DO post specifically but I routinely saw mods quoting people with blatant violations, it's hardly a matter of them not being aware. They just don't care about having a consistent standard.
      I should probably clarify and say that it was DivineOb, lest it get confused with Darth Obvious.

Comment

A lot has to do with what gets spotted or reported

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Well, you are. I can understand partisan bias; you hate Trump and you want to believe so bad he's a racist. I get it. You have to even invent instances where you believe he's sending secret racist codes. But the fact you're quibbling about faux racism claims that most likely aren't true over situations of obvious historical racism and somehow see an equivalency is as evident as it's going to get that your metal capacity is in question.

Comment

He's a self-centered idiot. I said it before. He's not a racist, at least not evidenced by anything you clowns keep bringing up. Give me a history of him using the N word or saying something disparaging about blacks, then we can talk.

Comment

He's a self-centered idiot. I said it before. He's not a racist, at least not evidenced by anything you clowns keep bringing up. Give me a history of him using the N word or saying something disparaging about blacks, then we can talk.
              As I've said elsewhere, Trump is clearly not a racist by the traditional definition, but he is a racist by the modern liberal definition, a term I call "new racism" and which is loosely defined as "Anybody who disagrees with a liberal for any reason." Even if the topic has nothing to do with race, liberals will figure out a way to inject it into the conversation anyway.

Example:

Liberal: "I think the government should take care of everybody."
              Conservative: "I disagree. I think the government should stay out of people's way so they can take care of themselves."
              Liberal: "That's because you want black people to starve to death, you racist!"
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
                Also, isn't retard a frowned upon word now (from another thread, it appeared to get a bunch of people upset, even though I've seen it used a lot here previously)
                All those upset people seem to have overlooked the word here. I wonder why...

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                  All those upset people seem to have overlooked the word here. I wonder why...
                  Um....... scuze me?
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    As I've said elsewhere, Trump is clearly not a racist by the traditional definition, but he is a racist by the modern liberal definition, a term I call "new racism" and which is loosely defined as "Anybody who disagrees with a liberal for any reason." Even if the topic has nothing to do with race, liberals will figure out a way to inject it into the conversation anyway.

Example:

Conservative: "I disagree. I think the government should stay out of people's way so they can take care of themselves."

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                      Yeah. I'm sure Trump thought "Hey, this should get me a lot of votes! I'll retweet racists shouting!"

OR .... as usual, he wasn't paying attention. Gee, I wonder which one
                      If he is not responsible for his actions. Dementia?

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                        If he is not responsible for his actions.
                        That's a sentence fragment, Shuny.

Dementia?
                        So sorry, we'll add you to our prayer list.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                          If he is not responsible for his actions. Dementia?
                          I think he has the attention span of a 5-year old. Biden has the dementia.

Pelosi is showing signs of it too. She just referred to George Floyd as "George Kirby" (the black comedian famous in the 1960s).

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Example:

I was going to add to that another criteria and say you've also got to be a white conservative, but then I remember leftists accusing Candace Owens and other blacks of being white supremacists, so in the loonytoon world of what racism is to a modern liberal, you are correct sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                              I think he has the attention span of a 5-year old. Biden has the dementia.

Pelosi is showing signs of it too. She just referred to George Floyd as "George Kirby" (the black comedian famous in the 1960s).
                              I am not sure you can remove the Dementia card from Trump's portfolio. He has made statements in the past he would not take responsible for.

Edited by a Moderator
                              Last edited by DesertBerean; 06-28-2020, 07:53 PM.

Comment

I'm thinking that Trump may have retweeted it on purpose after all. It moves the conversation to DRUMPF IS RACIST which excites nobody except hardcore liberals who already hate him and moves people vulnerable to the same smear job (esp white people on the center) into reflexively defending him (case in point, KingsGambit in this thread).
                                "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment