Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Fauci says Trump hasn't ordered slowdown of coronavirus testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whag View Post
    Riiiight....Trump tried to reign in the chaos and mayhem via vitriolic tweeting, starting in 2017 with pre-riot insult of a peaceful protest:
    I never accused Trump of being logical. You'll have to pick this silly fight with somebody else.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
      False - I have said repeatedly Trump says and does nutty things.
      Only in passing; the lion's share of your attention is on the nutty things said and done by the people reacting to him.
      Well, yeah, they're a lot more fun.
      Why does entertainment trump your principles?

Having fun appears to be more important to you than the highest politician in the land stomping all over your values (religious, political, patriotic, etc). That kind of thing used to send conservatives into paroxysms...

Comment

Why do you ask stupid questions?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Why do you ask stupid questions?
          I generally don't. I occasionally ask rhetorical questions, but this one was sincere, and you're running away from it.

The issue I raised and your response to the question tends to validate an idea I've been advocating for more than a decade now: Republicans / conservatives generally don't have values that are invariant over political ideology.

Can't find that in the bible anywhere...
          Last edited by Whateverman; 06-25-2020, 09:09 AM.

Comment

I generally don't. I occasionally ask rhetorical questions, but this one was sincere, and you're running away from it.
            I'm not. I don't believe it's sincere, and it's based on your misrepresentation of my thoughts and beliefs.

The issue I raised and your response to the question tends to validate an idea I've been advocating for more than a decade now: Republicans / conservatives generally don't have values that are invariant over political ideology.
            Perhaps you should go by something I actually said, than your own misrepresentation.

Can't find that in the bible anywhere...
            So, what would you like to know?

Comment

I never accused Trump of being logical. You'll have to pick this silly fight with somebody else.

Comment

I voted for a president so...

A) Hillary would not be POTUS
                2) SCOTUS would not be Hillary's.

Next?

Comment

I voted for a president so...

A) Hillary would not be POTUS
                  2) SCOTUS would not be Hillary's.

Next?

Comment

I'm a calm and reasonable guy. I don't get outraged. I do - and HAVE said repeatedly - wish somebody would hijack his Twitter account.

Next?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      False - I have said repeatedly Trump says and does nutty things.

Why are the leftists of Tweb going so incredibly unhinged? You are becoming the poster boy for leftist nutters.
                      In the case of what I was talking about, I think this is more than just "saying nutty things". Actively trying to reduce testing when the fourth largest city in the US says they are on pace to exceed ICU capacity by today is not just "nutty", it's highly likely to kill people.
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• I've got play the "whataboutism" card here because it's so over-the-top hypocritical. I've not heard one thing Trump has said or tweeted that was racist, though I've heard the things taken out of context that MSM says was racist. Obnoxious and petty vitriol and narcissism, definitely; racism, nope. Contrariwise, I've definitely heard Biden say things that could very easily been construed as downright racist, especially the speeches he gave in the past, one of which he referenced minority communities as "racial jungle." I suspect those speeches will come out during campaign ads (assuming Trump is serious about winning).

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                          I've got play the "whataboutism" card here because it's so over-the-top hypocritical. I've not heard one thing Trump has said or tweeted that was racist, though I've heard the things taken out of context that MSM says was racist. Obnoxious and petty vitriol and narcissism, definitely; racism, nope. Contrariwise, I've definitely heard Biden say things that could very easily been construed as downright racist, especially the speeches he gave in the past, one of which he referenced minority communities as "racial jungle." I suspect those speeches will come out during campaign ads (assuming Trump is serious about winning).

Comment

• He's not racist, he's just an idiot, and a very insensitive one. And you're assuming antifa is not white supremacist. I beg to differ.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                              He's not racist, he's just an idiot, and a very insensitive one. And you're assuming antifa is not white supremacist. I beg to differ.

Comment

• You assume he's taunting them. I assume he's an idiot and not smart enough or politically shrewd enough to know why that might be offensive. He was stroking his own ego with fake job numbers to try and get folk's attention away from the Floyd protests. To me, that's more sensible than assuming he has some sort of shrewd way of sending out secret racist codes to his white supremacist base or using subtle ways to taunt blacks. No. He's just a self-centered idiot, bro. Simple.

I believe Antifa is definitely white supremacist and they show all the hallmarks of it (where should I start?), more than any vague and elusive "rightwing white supremacists" you and the left keep mentioning. I mean, is there even still a KKK that isn't just a fringe backwoods group in the south and has any sociopolitical significance in the US?

Antifa sure has significance.

Comment