Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Muhammad Ali�s son says dad would have hated �racist� Black Lives Matter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    I can quote stuff, too, without a link to support it.

"whag is a big poopiehead who just likes to stick his nose into a thread, fire off some comment he thinks is humorous and then disappears for a while, having nothing really intelligent to add to the discussion at hand."

--mossrose to her husband just now.
    Whoops, sorry to remind you that Muhammad Ali said things that make you uncomfortable. You probably would have forced him to fight in Vietnam.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
      Your faux surprise
      You callin me a liar, boy?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

...Even you, bud.
        He loves me!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Whoops, sorry to remind you that Muhammad Ali said things that make you uncomfortable. You probably would have forced him to fight in Vietnam.

Yeah, I probably kept slaves, too.

I wasn't old enough to have anything to do with that war. I never heard or saw what Ali said about anything, except in his boxing years.

I do believe that his son knows what Ali thought about any type of assembly other than peaceful.

And THAT is the point of the op.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            Yeah, I probably kept slaves, too.

I wasn't old enough to have anything to do with that war. I never heard or saw what Ali said about anything, except in his boxing years.

I do believe that his son knows what Ali thought about any type of assembly other than peaceful.

And THAT is the point of the op.

Comment

Indeed.

And with the way some of them tie their religion to their politics - embedded more than most.

Comment

The point of the OP
                This gonna be good.....

Wrong. NOT the point of the OP --- I should know, cause I wrote it!

CP and you gloat that all lefties and libtards
                Personally, I don't like that word and don't use it, and not gloating over anything, except the fact that whities are so quick to jump on a black man simply cause he's "off the plantation".

I have no reason to doubt Ali's sons's words - they seem quite consistent with Ali's life after his conversion to Islam.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  This gonna be good.....

Wrong. NOT the point of the OP --- I should know, cause I wrote it!

Personally, I don't like that word and don't use it, and not gloating over anything, except the fact that whities are so quick to jump on a black man simply cause he's "off the plantation".

I have no reason to doubt Ali's sons's words - they seem quite consistent with Ali's life after his conversion to Islam.

Comment

Yes, I love her, but I don't use that word.

I did.

I never mentioned Uncle Tom.

Are you joining the lefties here in attacking a black man as a 'make of false statments' and a "clueless dope"?
                    Are you condemning the lefties who attacked the black man simply because he's telling something that doesn't fit the leftist narrative?

It's all there in black and white for everybody to see -- perhaps if you'd de-berzerk just a tad, you'd be able to see it, too.

You're precious.

Comment

• You're kinda acting like what she called you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Yes, that's what his own son said. But you racist white crackers can't POSSIBLY believe a black man can think on his own.
                        Nobody even said that he can't think on his own. That's what I mean by you reading into to what people are saying rather than actually reading what they say. He insinuated that, in his opinion his father wouldn't agree with the goal behind that BLM movement. He can think what he wants, and no one is saying that he can't, there are some of us who disagree with his opinion. That's not saying that a black man can't think on his own. That's just yor way of trying to make it about race, because that's the dishonest way in which you operate.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          Nobody even said that he can't think on his own.
                          Maybe not in those words, but you guys pretty much called him a liar, and YOU called him a "clueless dope". YOU, of all people!

That's what I mean by you reading into to what people are saying rather than actually reading what they say.
                          Nope.

He insinuated that, in his opinion his father wouldn't agree with the goal behind that BLM movement.
                          Wow, talk about somebody "reading into what people are saying". No, it was NOT the goals - it was the tactics.

He can think what he wants, and no one is saying that he can't, there are some of us who disagree with his opinion.
                          You mean, accusing him of being a "clueless dope"? Good job, Jim.

That's not saying that a black man can't think on his own. That's just yor way of trying to make it about race, because that's the dishonest way in which you operate.

Seriously, Jim, put down the bong for AT LEAST 48 hours, then come back, you clueless dope*.

*I say that in the very most respectful way possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            orthodox (small o) Christianity has a set of core doctrines that if you don't hold to them, then you aren't a Christian. Like the Trinity. That has nothing to do with excluding people it is just logical. You might go around calling yourself a car and live in a garage, but unless you have 4 wheels, an engine and carry passengers around you are just a nut.
                            But what if your name is Otto?

Otto/auto. Auto/Otto. Get it? Huh, huh, huh?

Okay, no need to get up. I know where the door is.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                              That's just yor way of trying to make it about race, because that's the dishonest way in which you operate.
                              Now, having had your little idiotic false accusation rant, let's look at what he actually said. I'll bold some parts just for you....

The legendary boxer and activist stood up against racism throughout his life, but Muhammad Ali Jr. says his dad would have been sickened by how the protests have turned to violence and looting after the death of George Floyd.

he told The Post. Killing is wrong no matter who it is

This is not about the GOAL of BLM -- it's about the TACTICS, you clueless dope*.

It is obvious to anybody who knew Ali that, after his conversion to Islam in (1964?) he began a much more "peaceful protest" in his life.

*I say that in the most loving manner possible.

Comment

• I'll apologize for using that word.

Maybe you can convince your buddy DivineOB to apologize for calling us all RWNJ's.

Goes both ways, whag.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment