Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump's Oklahoma Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump's Oklahoma Rally

OK, the first part was long and boring - about the ramp and the cup of water.
    My wife had seen a campaign commercial making fun of him, so I guess he felt he had to deal with that.

Really wasn't impressed with the first part at all, but it sure was a contrast from Sleepy Joe's incredibly boring incredibly poorly attended sleeper.

He hit some good notes about the chaos under Democrat control, but I'm interested to see what others thought.

(I didn't watch it all, as I decided to take a refreshing swim with Mrs CP this evening )
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

I did not watch outside of observing how pitifully small the crowd was. Apparently there was a concerted effort to request tickets with no intention of attending. I'd be lying if I didn't say I find that hee-larious.

Obviously I'm not the target audience so that's all I've got.

Comment

Too late to edit but I wanted to add one nice thing. The decision for Trump to throw the glass like he did after drinking it reminds me of why people like him. That was a great touch.

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status...22653978759177

Comment

Six member of the Tulsa Trump Rally staff tested positive for COVID 19.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
          Yes, and they didn't attend the rally, right?
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
            Hey, did you ever figure out what that second A was in AA?

Comment

To be fair to Trump, while the turnout was disappointingly low, it was still considered a good turnout by normal standards.

I didn't watch. I dislike being lied to.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                To be fair to Trump, while the turnout was disappointingly low, it was still considered a good turnout by normal standards.

I didn't watch. I dislike being lied to.
                Compared to Sleepy Joe's "crowd" of about 20 people, where the chairs were put in big white circles, and several of the front row seats were empty?

empty chairs.jpg

Comment

Lest somebody claim the empty chairs were BEFORE the speech got started, here's another shot with Sleepy Joe already at the podium....

empty chairs during speech.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    Compared to Sleepy Joe's "crowd" of about 20 people, where the chairs were put in big white circles, and several of the front row seats were empty?
                    Are you asking me a question, or is this rhetorical?

In any case, Democrats are far more likely to being practicing social distancing than Republicans these days, so it's pretty clear that Biden campaign rallies were never going to be record breakers. It's also true that he generally isn't very exciting to watch. Neither of these things are an indication of how much voter support he has, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                      Are you asking me a question, or is this rhetorical?
                      Yes.

In any case, Democrats are far more likely to being practicing social distancing than Republicans these days,
                      So...... put white circles on the floor, WAY socially distanced apart, then leave some of those chairs empty.

so it's pretty clear that Biden campaign rallies were never going to be record breakers.
                      It wasn't a rally for Sleepy Joe - it was a snoozer. When he was done with his sleepy speech, even the audience didn't realize it was the grand finale' until he walked away from the podium.

It's also true that he generally isn't very exciting to watch.
                      Meh.... he threw in a couple mistimed animations in his faux rage.

Neither of these things are an indication of how much voter support he has, though.
                      no

Comment

I didn't watch much of it, but did see him again bring up the claim of needing to make flag burning illegal... even though the Supreme Court already ruled that such a law is unconstitutional.

I suppose, if I wanted to be really charitable, I could say that Trump is saying we should enact such a law, then hopefully it would go up to the SCOTUS again which may overrule its previous decision. But I kind of doubt that's what he's saying--certainly if it was, I think he would've thrown it out as a declaration of why you should vote for him, so he'd appoint people who might overrule the decision.

Comment

???? I was seeing attendance figures of 15,000? Low?
                          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

I wonder if there were a large number of Democrats who signed up without any intent on going. The large signups could have discouraged Trump fans from going due to coronavirus concerns or just it being overcrowded. It could also just make the actual results less grand by comparison. Certainly we have news reports on the apparent shortage of participants.

This era just has much deception that often is contrived by the media. We had that thread back around the end of March about the lies of the media. No one seemed compelled to justify the media deception nor deny it. So, the testimony stands that the mainstream media is deceptive -- they will set up situations which they will report as news stories.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                              I wonder if there were a large number of Democrats who signed up without any intent on going.
                              There was a fairly widespread campaign on TikTok to this effect.
                              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment