Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Bolton's Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    They know their low-info target audience won't read past the headline and first paragraph, so that's where they put the lie, then they cover themselves by putting the truth elsewhere in the article, usually buried several paragraphs down where you have to dig for it.
    Any examples or are you just going to make un unsupported claim?

Comment

A CNN bubble head tried to claim that if Bolton is divulging classified information like the White House and intelligence agencies are saying then everything in the book is necessarily true. Former acting DNI Richard Grenell laughed at her, and she testily said, "It's either classified, or it's false. It can't be both." Grenell said, "Yes it can be. Something can be classified but still be false because even a false claim can still reveal sources and methods, which is why it's considered classified."
      I love the nutty fake "either / or" scenarios.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        You seem to be contradicting yourself a bit.
        How so?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post
          How so?
          Because, as you admit, Trump says stupid and false things all the time, so if the media portrays him as an idiot or a liar it's because he is acting like an idiot or a liar.

Comment

Because, as you admit, Trump says stupid and false things all the time, so if the media portrays him as an idiot or a liar it's because he is acting like an idiot or a liar.
            Just acting?

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Wrong. They twist and make up garbage about him; spinning facts to fit their narrative.

What I said is that the MSM could still make him look bad and be honest about it. Just quote him more often. But all the Russia and Ukraine investigations and impeachments they hype to the hilt are a joke.

Comment

Wrong. They twist and make up garbage about him; spinning facts to fit their narrative.

What I said is that the MSM could still make him look bad and be honest about it. Just quote him more often. But all the Russia and Ukraine investigations and impeachments they hype to the hilt are a joke.
                Such as? Anything specific?

Comment

The New York Times and other media widely suggested or implied that Trump had not paid income taxes for 18 years. False
                  CNN claimed Nancy Sinatra was "not happy" at her father's song being used at Trump's inauguration. Sinatra responded, "That's not true. I never said that. Why do you lie, CNN?"
                  The New York Times reported on contacts between Trump campaign staff and "senior Russian intelligence officials." James Comey later testified it wasn't true.
                  Politico, New York Times, Washington Post, CNN, (and others) reported the same false leaked information: that Trump fired Comey shortly after Comey requested additional resources to investigate Russian interference in the election.
                  NBC News reported that Putin told Megyn Kelly that he had compromising information about Trump. Putin actually said the opposite, that he did not have compromising information on Trump.
                  CNN reported that Congress was investigating a Russian investment fund with ties to Trump officials. The report was later retracted. The three CNN employees tied to the report resigned.

Tip of the iceberg.

Comment

Here's a good one from Business Insider, from just today. Gee, is that really Trump holding up his "white supremacist playbook"?

Business Insider.jpg

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...lection-2020-6

Comment

Here's a good one from Business Insider, from just today. Gee, is that really Trump holding up his "white supremacist playbook"?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45950[/ATTACH]

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...lection-2020-6
                      It would not surprise me if they knew full well that was a Bible, and they were calling it that.

Comment

A few more

The New York Times and NBC'reported that Trump's pick for CIA Director, Gina Haspel, had waterboarded a particular Islamic extremist terrorist dozens of time at a secret prison; and that she had mocked his suffering. In fact, Haspel wasn't assigned to the prison until after the detainee left.
                        -----------------------------------------------------------
                        The New York Times' Julie Hirschfeld Davis, AP, CNN's Oliver Darcy and others excerpted a Trump comment as if he had referred to immigrants or illegal immigrants generally as "animals." Most outlets corrected their reports later to note that Trump had specifically referred to members of the murderous criminal gang MS-13.
                        Oct. 14, 2018 - NBC News falsely reported that Trump praised Robert E. Lee. When actually, Trump had praised Ulysses S. Grant.
                        In January, New York Times, reported on the "lost" immigrant children of the Trump administration. However, AP and other fact checks stated this was a misleading term. Many of their parents - in the U.S. illegally - would not respond to the government's follow up phone calls.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          It would not surprise me if they knew full well that was a Bible, and they were calling it that.
                          The caption says it's a Bible, but the headline suggests otherwise. It is a perfect example of what the MSM does; brainwashing readers who aren't going to stick around and read the small print, or bother to check another source.

Comment

The caption says it's a Bible, but the headline suggests otherwise. It is a perfect example of what the MSM does; brainwashing readers who aren't going to stick around and read the small print, or bother to check another source.
                            Pretty sure liberals consider the Bible a white supremacist playbook. After all, Jesus and the apostles were white (they weren't, but I bet liberals think they were).
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Pretty sure liberals consider the Bible a white supremacist playbook. After all, Jesus and the apostles were white (they weren't, but I bet liberals think they were).
                              And is why most blacks really should not be liberals. Their faith is being robbed from them by liberals leaders.

graph.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                                Can you explain or restate this? It doesn't quite make sense as I'm reading it. Why would an attack on Trump cause you to raise your evidentiary standards for criticism of the man?
                                Some people are so happy to see any attack made on Trump that they throw out any sense of objectivity or reason in their evaluation of it. 'If it makes Trump look bad, it must be true.', that kind of thing.

So, since I have come across this quite a lot, I am more skeptical that I would otherwise have been of claims that 'Trump said X, or did X' when that X is something that seems bad. Mot of the ones I have been able to investigate are not as clear cut, or often simply not as bad, or even simply not true except by taking the most uncharitable interpretation possible, as the anti-Trump crowd claim. It's the boy who cried wolf, basically.
                                ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment