Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Police guns down man after he tried to flee.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    It's all out there for everybody to see, Jim - you defend Unions over and over and over again, regardless of how many times they protect the bad apples.
    Show me ONE TIME where you agreed that a union was wrong for protecting the bad guy.

Just ONCE!
    Show me one time where I defended the unions protecting bad apples other than to acknowledge that, defending its members is what they do.
    Just once,

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Show me one time where I defended the unions
      Over and over and over and over and over and over......

protecting bad apples
      In your idiotic attack of the policed being "corrupt" when you didn't even understand the difference between police rank and file, "management" and the corrupt unions.

other than to acknowledge that, defending its members is what they do.
      Yes, no matter how bad the apples, they defend him/her at every turn.

Just once,
      You're such an inept copycat.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Over and over and over and over and over and over......

In your idiotic attack of the policed being "corrupt" when you didn't even understand the difference between police rank and file, "management" and the corrupt unions.

Yes, no matter how bad the apples, they defend him/her at every turn.

You're such an inept copycat.
        All you do is make assertions, CP. When I ask you to prove it, you simply make the assertion again. That's not being a copycat CP. You made an accusation, I'm simply asking you to prove it.

Comment

All you do is make assertions, CP.
          All you do is ignore facts, JimL.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

All you do is ignore facts, JimL.
            All you do is cop out, and name call, when you are asked to prove you're false accusations, CP.

Comment

All you do is cop out,
              Nope. I don't do that.

and name call,
              What name did I call you?

when you are asked to prove you're false accusations, CP.
              And what, exactly, is my alleged false accusation?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Just because the gun shaped object pointed at you is bright yellow doesn't mean it's not a deadly weapon. You can buy handguns in a wide variety of colors, or have them customized.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45623[/ATTACH]

Basically, never point anything at an armed person if you don't want to get shot.
                Eeeek! All those colors, and we are insisting toy guns sport those colors!!!!!
                Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

All of you guys were conned into voting for Trump, I'm glad you're not in charge of anything.
                  No we were not. We had two very unpalatable choices. I promise you we wore our knees out with prayer before making our choices while holding our noses.

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                    No we were not. We had two very unpalatable choices. I promise you we wore our knees out with prayer before making our choices while holding our noses.
                    Yes, I can understand the excuses you and those amening you are making for yourselves now, even though I see you all still defending him. Fact is your prayers didn't help, you screwed up, bigly!

Comment

Yes, I can understand the excuses you and those amening you are making for yourselves now, even though I see you all still defending him. Fact is your prayers didn't help, you screwed up, bigly!
                      I don't know about others, but I'm not defending him....I'm busy praying for him and everybody else. We believe that things happen in answer to our talking to God. Of course that makes no sense to you. That's ok. You don't believe in God, but I do.

Your accusation was that we were conned. But we were embarrassed by our failure to attract better candidates that shared our core values, not conned.
                      Last edited by DesertBerean; 06-17-2020, 12:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                        I don't know about others, but I'm not defending him....I'm busy praying for him and everybody else. We believe that things happen in answer to our talking to God. Of course that makes no sense to you. That's ok. You don't believe in God, but I do.

Your accusation was that we were conned. But we were embarrassed by our failure to attract better candidates that shared our core values, not conned.
                        This sounds frank and honest; thank you (though I doubt it characterizes all Christians who voted likewise).

My question, though, is how you explain Christians who continue to support Trump. They're not exactly being forced to make additional unpalatable choices these days...

To be clear, I'm not assuming you continue to support him...

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                          This sounds frank and honest; thank you (though I doubt it characterizes all Christians who voted likewise).

My question, though, is how you explain Christians who continue to support Trump. They're not exactly being forced to make additional unpalatable choices these days...

Bear in mind I'm British so I don't vote in US elections. From what I've seen the democrats have just been going insane over the last four years, so to me Trump is definitely the better option in my mind. Where do I start in concerns to this?

1) Candidate is Joe Bidden who, and I'm not making an insult here, is at the stage of his life where he is losing his marbles.

2) Media on the left side losing their minds on various conspiracy theories. "Trump is a Russian asset", "Tulsi Gabbard is being groomed by Russia" and I think they even pointed the finger at Bernie Sanders for a brief moment with this accusation. Then of course we had a brief moment of Trump being accused of being a Chinese asset. Seriously what is going on?

3) Deeper descend into more left wing SJW issues.

4) And now we literally have the left saying that people can't go to church or synagogue because of Covid-19, but protests, rioters and looting is fine at the same time. They are having a go at Trump for trying to arrange a rally while not just neglecting the protesters but are giving them the thumbs up.

EDIT: The above isn't an exhaustive list either, it's just examples off the top of my head that I see happening.

Comment

Trump is uncouth, narcissistic, doesn't show a lot of class sometimes, and often talks when he should just shut up, but all things considered, he's actually been a pretty good president from a policy standpoint, and I'll happily vote for him again.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

We reaped what we sowed.

The quality of the last few elections, quite frankly, was a very loud warning that all was not well. The last one was ridiculous...a many-divorced man with manners that matched his mouth, versus a woman with *extremely* sketchy political career including Benghazi (and a husband with his own bad reputation, but never mind that).

And we are suffering from the consequences of a Speaker of the House threatened by her own reelection. Her distraction is making her behave in ways that don't sit well with anybody least of all her own party. It's aggravating all the problems we're having.

The media is having a huge feeding frenzy on all the crisis that fermented out of all this. Media will always do this BECAUSE IT SELLS. The results may be deadly even to the media. Remember Lady Diana.

Now another election, and again we reap what we sow.

We need to repent of our actions that led to those failures, pray for the healing of the Christian community, and deal with the harvest we got right now and try again with the next.

Comment

• As to the OP:

The policeman who shot Brooks in the back has been charged with 11 counts, including felony murder.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/17/us/ra...day/index.html

In the announcement of the charges, a photo taken from another video is showed to justify one of the charges.

After shooting Brooks while fleeing, Rolfe (the ex-officer charged) proclaimed "I got him!" and then proceeded to kick him as he lay there on the ground. He also was charged with not rendering timely medical aid as he left him to die on the asphalt. This officer also hit a van in the drive through line, endangering 3 passengers in that van.

This is what the Black community knows and sees all to often that is covered over all to often as white people speculate about the best possible motives for these events with a hidden, perhaps even unconscious expectation that because the person shot was black, they were more than likely 'up to no good', as we saw for 120+ pages in the Arbery thread.

There is often true malice, true abuse taking place. The black community knows it is there, and that it happens all too often. And that is why they do not speculate about how these offices might be justified like we white folk do, but often first assume the worst. Because they have seen it all too often.

This is why we are still seeing protests around Floyd's death. It is too much a part of life in a america if one is a Black person.

And it must change.
                                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment