Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Impeachment attempt #397...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    HE didn't cost them. The entire country's reaction to the virus did. Leadership and us plebs.
    "The buck stops here."

I thought Republicans were the party of personal responsibility? Geez Louise.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
      "The buck stops here."

I thought Republicans were the party of personal responsibility? Geez Louise.
      Blaming the President for something happening worldwide and is unprecedented in our lifetime is the height of partisan ignorance.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Blaming the President for something happening worldwide and is unprecedented in our lifetime is the height of partisan ignorance.
        https://tradingeconomics.com/south-k...mployment-rate

The unemployment rate in South Korea remained unchanged at 3.8 percent in April 2020 from the previous month and down from 4.0 percent in the same month of last year, as the coronavirus outbreak is dragging down employment less than expected.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ate-in-canada/

Canada's current unemployment is 7.47%, up from 5.67% last year.

Those are the first two countries I checked. Not everywhere is looking at depression level unemployment.

And this is not unprecedented in our lifetimes! It's just the failure to respond by the federal government which is unprecedented!

Comment

Well, considering he didn't do that...
          Actually he is guilty of gross negligence, and being the narcisistic sociopath that he is, the thousands of deaths that resulted from his gross negligence doesn't effect him, and that's not really all that surprising.

Comment

That isn't what he is being blamed for.

Comment

https://tradingeconomics.com/south-k...mployment-rate

The unemployment rate in South Korea remained unchanged at 3.8 percent in April 2020 from the previous month and down from 4.0 percent in the same month of last year, as the coronavirus outbreak is dragging down employment less than expected.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ate-in-canada/

Canada's current unemployment is 7.47%, up from 5.67% last year.

Those are the first two countries I checked. Not everywhere is looking at depression level unemployment.

And this is not unprecedented in our lifetimes! It's just the failure to respond by the federal government which is unprecedented!
              Unemployment is not the only measure of economic decline.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/24/coro...-7-charts.html

This is unprecedented. At no time in our life has the economy been basically shut down due to a global pandemic.
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                Actually he is guilty of gross negligence, and being the narcisistic sociopath that he is, the thousands of deaths that resulted from his gross negligence doesn't effect him, and that's not really all that surprising.
                As expected from a hyper-partisan asshat like you. I notice you aren't accusing the leaders of Italy or Spain of gross negligence... because you are a moronic asshat.
                That's what
                - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

As expected from a hyper-partisan asshat like you. I notice you aren't accusing the leaders of Italy or Spain of gross negligence... because you are a moronic asshat.
                  I'm not familiar with what the leaders of Italy or Spain did, or had the capacity to do, I only know what this President did, didn't do, and had the capacity to do. The way it's panned out, I'm not not at all certain that he didn't do it purposely. After all, he is working for Putin.

Comment

I'm not familiar with what the leaders of Italy or Spain did, or had the capacity to do, I only know what this President did, didn't do, and had the capacity to do. The way it's panned out, I'm not not at all certain that he didn't do it purposely. After all, he is working for Putin.
                    Because you only care about bashing Trump. Your TrumpOCD is glaringly obvious. As is your broken record Putin accusation, Jan...
                    That's what
                    - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Because you only care about bashing Trump. Your TrumpOCD is glaringly obvious. As is your broken record Putin accusation, Jan...
                      Well Yeah, I think Trump is a treasonous wannabe dictator, who wants to take down democracy from the inside. Why wouldn't I want to bash him? You bashed a good man, and a good leader, for eight years, so spare me the hypocrisy.

Comment

Well Yeah, I think Trump is a treasonous wannabe dictator, who wants to take down democracy from the inside. Why wouldn't I want to bash him? You bashed a good man, and a good leader, for eight years, so spare me the hypocrisy.
                        You're hilarious. A good man?
                        That's what
                        - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Unemployment is not the only measure of economic decline.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/24/coro...-7-charts.html
                          You're trying to change the subject. His negligence and apathy cost millions of jobs.

This is unprecedented. At no time in our life has the economy been basically shut down due to a global pandemic.
                          The reason the economy is "basically shut down" is because of his negligence and apathy in the early days! South Korea went though a similar challenge, with far less time to prepare, and their unemployment rate is great because of swift and decisive action.

You're looking at the mess we're in and giving Trump a free pass because this is 'unprecedented' when we never would have reached this 'unprecedented' situation had he given a [care] in the early months.

Be intellectually honest about this.

Comment

You're trying to change the subject. His negligence and apathy cost millions of jobs.
                            Yeah no it didn't. Making everyone stay at home and closing businesses like they were screen doors in a tornado cost millions of jobs. Trump closed travel early. I am a direct result of that travel ban. I and my assessment team sat in a conference room with the CEO of Austal Shipbuilding in early February when the SecNavy called to discuss their COVID-19 response. You don't know anything about his response beyond what Anderson Cooper regurgitates.

The reason the economy is "basically shut down" is because of his negligence and apathy in the early days!
                            Utter nonsense. Do I need to play the mashup that he played for the press telling everyone this wasn't a problem?

South Korea went though a similar challenge, with far less time to prepare, and their unemployment rate is great because of swift and decisive action.
                            South Korea??? That global economic juggernaut???

You're looking at the mess we're in and giving Trump a free pass because this is 'unprecedented' when we never would have reached this 'unprecedented' situation had he given a [care] in the early months.

Be intellectually honest about this.
                            I'm observing what is going on honestly, without Anti-Trump hatred coloring what I know. Our economy is one of the largest in the world. Shutting it down has a much larger impact than shutting down a minor contributor.
                            That's what
                            - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Yeah no it didn't. Making everyone stay at home and closing businesses like they were screen doors in a tornado cost millions of jobs. Trump closed travel early. I am a direct result of that travel ban. I and my assessment team sat in a conference room with the CEO of Austal Shipbuilding in early February when the SecNavy called to discuss their COVID-19 response. You don't know anything about his response beyond what Anderson Cooper regurgitates.
                              I don't watch cable news :).

Explain slowly enough that an ignoramus like me can understand. Why did we end up with such high unemployment when South Korea did not? Or Canada.

Utter nonsense. Do I need to play the mashup that he played for the press telling everyone this wasn't a problem?
                              If you want to play the mashup of Trump promising that this was a nonissue and going to go away on its own go ahead. That didn't happen *despite* the extraordinary steps we've taken.

South Korea??? That global economic juggernaut???
                              If anything their relative economic weakness ought to have made it harder for them to address Coronavirus since they would have had fewer resources (ETA: Really unsure whether less or fewer goes here. I think either one works in this instance?). What's your point?

I'm observing what is going on honestly, without Anti-Trump hatred coloring what I know. Our economy is one of the largest in the world. Shutting it down has a much larger impact than shutting down a minor contributor.
                              Why would the size of our economy mean that shutting down our economy costs us more jobs than a smaller country doing similar? Recall that the effect in SK has been essentially *0*!
                              Last edited by DivineOb; 05-15-2020, 08:25 PM.

Comment

The vast majority of protestors were peaceful. And I assume the vast majority of them would gladly disown the violent ones. So what's your point?

Comment