Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ahmaud Arbery; racist killing and attempted cover up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Has anybody disputed the reports that this same guy had been in this same house on multiple occasions AT NIGHT, 10 miles from his house?
    I don't think so. But ox, Jimmy, and the rest are loathe to admit it because they have it in their heads that this would somehow justify his being shot and killed. Personally, I don't see how, and they haven't bothered to connect the dots.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      I don't think so. But ox, Jimmy, and the rest are loathe to admit it because they have it in their heads that this would somehow justify his being shot and killed. Personally, I don't see how, and they haven't bothered to connect the dots.
      In any tragic death, it's important to look at all factors, and learn lessons. For some, it's impossible to acknowledge at least SOME degree of responsibility on the victim, because that seems, in their world, to translate to absolution for the actors. It's pretty black and white thinking (pun not intended) to assume it has to be an "either / or", rather than a combination of factors.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Has anybody disputed the reports that this same guy had been in this same house on multiple occasions AT NIGHT, 10 miles from his house?
        I don't know of anyone who has asserted that other than you, CP. I haven't been able to find any evidence of that. But according to the videos handed over to the police there were multiple people who visited the site. It's thought that Arbery may have been getting water though it doesn't show the water source on camera, it shows him going to and leaving from that area.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
          I don't know of anyone who has asserted that other than you, CP.
          You really need to pay more attention to the thread, Jim, because that's where I first got the information.

I haven't been able to find any evidence of that.
          Perhaps try looking with eyes open?

But according to the videos handed over to the police there were multiple people who visited the site.
          In the middle of the night?

It's thought that Arbery may have been getting water though it doesn't show the water source on camera, it shows him going to and leaving from that area.
          "It's thought" because that's what the property owner was imagining. No evidence at all.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I don't know of anyone who has asserted that other than you, CP....
            Here's an article from The Atlanta Journal-Constitution for you to ignore, Jim.

Comment

You really need to pay more attention to the thread, Jim, because that's where I first got the information.

Perhaps try looking with eyes open?

In the middle of the night?

"It's thought" because that's what the property owner was imagining. No evidence at all.
              What the camera shows is evidence, CP, which is more than you are providing. The fact is that there was no crime committed, so like the video shows he was either just interested like all the other visiters to the site, or he was getting water, or both. You say he lives 10 miles away, that he visited the site multiple times at night. Wheres your evidence?

Comment

What the camera shows is evidence, CP, which is more than you are providing.
                No evidence whatsoever that he went in the house to drink - that was speculation on the owner's part.

The fact is that there was no crime committed,
                I don't believe anybody claimed there was.

so like the video shows he was either just interested like all the other visiters to the site, or he was getting water, or both.
                Did you actually READ the article, Jim?

You say he lives 10 miles away, that he visited the site multiple times at night. Wheres your evidence?
                Let me know when you've actually read the article, mkay?

Comment

• I think one of the reasons it's hard to pinpoint the facts in this case is because the reports seem to evolve over time. (As I have often said, "the first reports from the field are always wrong".)

According to News4Jax.... [bolding mine]

So, some of the information is coming from Graddy, the property owner's neighbor...

Comment

For some, it's impossible to acknowledge at least SOME degree of responsibility on the victim, because that seems, in their world, to translate to absolution for the actors.
                    It's like that Jordan Peterson interview.

no.jpeg

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                      The fact is that there was no crime committed...
                      Trespassing actually is a crime, and video evidence shows that Arbery was a repeat offender. This doesn't justify the actions taken against him, but it does suggest that he wasn't randomly targeted just because he happened to be a black guy in the "wrong" neighborhood.

Comment

Trespassing actually is a crime, and video evidence shows that Arbery was a repeat offender. This doesn't justify the actions taken against him, but it does suggest that he wasn't randomly targeted just because he happened to be a black guy in the "wrong" neighborhood.
                        A point I was going to make earlier, but I figured would simply be accused of "justifying the killing" -- it is incorrect to say that no crime has been committed. It would be, however, up to the owner to file a complaint or to seek prosecution, but he has declined. This is often done for fear of reprisal. But, yes, entering a dwelling under construction is, indeed, criminal.

Comment

This is a technicality. Clearly the owner was not concerned enough by what he saw on his motion activated camera to notify authorities. Clearly the owner is distraught and concerned about what happened and how people have tried to use those videos to justify what followed. And he made ciear that there is no way the perpetrators could have known about the content of the Feb 23 video when they went after him. There is nothing known about anything arbery did that justified any action against him of any sort.

Evidenceless suggestions the owner is holding back out of fear are just yet another aspersion casting arbery in a bad light, indirectly implying the perpetrators might have had some justification for believing he was 'up to no good'

The evidence is arbery did nothing that could possibly justify any of the actions against him. And our focus should be on why these two men could have thought it made any sense to go after him. And how utterly stupid it was to do so, and especially armed.
                          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Don't know if this has been brought up, but it appears that one of the suspects (the father) was the one who released the video that sparked all of the outrage and led to him and his son being charged with murder.

Interesting.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Here's an article from The Atlanta Journal-Constitution for you to ignore, Jim.
                              Down here it is often referred to as the urinal constipation.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                Down here it is often referred to as the urinal constipation.
                                I believe you have shared that little tidbit of wisdom in the past.

Comment