Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ahmaud Arbery; racist killing and attempted cover up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

I hope it is not surprising to you that BLM means BLM too. So, ALM is already assumed. Hey, I know you want to feel included, and you are.
    From observation of BLM activity, and regardless of their rhetorical claims to the contrary, one could be excused for thinking that BLM considers the only lives that matter are those of the people who support BLM.
    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
    Scripture before Tradition:
    but that won't prevent others from
    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post

I hope it is not surprising to you that BLM means BLM too. So, ALM is already assumed. Hey, I know you want to feel included, and you are.
      The phrase "all lives matter" has been repeatedly blasted by the left as ignorant and racist.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Wow, that's NEWS!!! ALL Lives matter! What a concept!!!
        I hope he doesn't get in trouble and is forced to apologize for saying such a racist thing.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

No. They get VERY upset when someone says anything except Black Lives Matter which makes it clear that they do not believe what you claim they do. They demand apologies from those who dare say All Lives Matter because for them they don't. Not even all black lives matter to them or they'd speak out against all of the black-on-black violence.
          Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Considering how those who dared to declare that "All Lives Matter" were hounded by the BLM crowd (like Martin O'Malley, who while running for president in 2016 was forced to apologize for saying it[1]), it is pretty clear that for BLM and their cronies it means "only black lives matter."

And O'Malley isn't the only Democrat presidential contender who was forced to bend the knee to the BLM thugs and beg forgiveness. Hyper "woke" "Mayor Pete" Buttigieg was forced to apologize last year declaring that he regrets saying "all lives matter" and will no longer use that phrase while humbling himself in front of race pimp "Reverend" Al Sharpton's National Action Network gathering in New York.

In fact, as USA Today explains: #AllLivesMatter hashtag is racist, critics say because it is "the opposite" of Black Lives Matter.

Then there is Tik Tok star Addison Easterling, aka Addison Rae, recently apologizing for posting an "All Lives Matter" video four years ago, which various news outlets then characterize it as being Anti-Black Lives Matter" (HERE and HERE as well)

The mind set that declares that All Lives Matter reflects a view that it constitutes "racial dismissal, ignoring, and denial" (as professor of "critical race theory"[2], David Theo Goldberg proclaimed in the Huffington Post fails to comprehend that if all lives matter then none are excluded hence making his claims absurd.

Yet, WalMart banned the sale of any All Lives Matter merchandise. Cisco fired several workers for using it. And of course there is Goodyear.

1. There have been numerous others:

2. "the far-left academic discourse centered on the concepts of whiteness, white fragility and white privilege"

3. The opening paragraph says it all

The president of prestigious Smith College is red-faced and apologetic Tuesday for telling students on the Northampton, Mass., campus that "all lives matter."

4. The dastardly fiends put up a sign that read "The safety of all lives matter" on a police traffic trailer

What were they thinking?!? I mean

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

The phrase "all lives matter" has been repeatedly blasted by the left as ignorant and racist.
            …. because the white half already matters, and some whites don’t like that blacks are getting more attention than them.

Comment

…. because the white half already matters, and some whites don’t like that blacks are getting more attention than them.
              Wrong.

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Considering how those who dared to declare that "All Lives Matter" were hounded by the BLM crowd (like Martin O'Malley, who while running for president in 2016 was forced to apologize for saying it[1]), it is pretty clear that for BLM and their cronies it means "only black lives matter."

And O'Malley isn't the only Democrat presidential contender who was forced to bend the knee to the BLM thugs and beg forgiveness. Hyper "woke" "Mayor Pete" Buttigieg was forced to apologize last year declaring that he regrets saying "all lives matter" and will no longer use that phrase while humbling himself in front of race pimp "Reverend" Al Sharpton's National Action Network gathering in New York.

In fact, as USA Today explains: #AllLivesMatter hashtag is racist, critics say because it is "the opposite" of Black Lives Matter.

Then there is Tik Tok star Addison Easterling, aka Addison Rae, recently apologizing for posting an "All Lives Matter" video four years ago, which various news outlets then characterize it as being Anti-Black Lives Matter" (HERE and HERE as well)

The mind set that declares that All Lives Matter reflects a view that it constitutes "racial dismissal, ignoring, and denial" (as professor of "critical race theory"[2], David Theo Goldberg proclaimed in the Huffington Post fails to comprehend that if all lives matter then none are excluded hence making his claims absurd.

Yet, WalMart banned the sale of any All Lives Matter merchandise. Cisco fired several workers for using it. And of course there is Goodyear.

1. There have been numerous others:

2. "the far-left academic discourse centered on the concepts of whiteness, white fragility and white privilege"

3. The opening paragraph says it all

The president of prestigious Smith College is red-faced and apologetic Tuesday for telling students on the Northampton, Mass., campus that "all lives matter."

4. The dastardly fiends put up a sign that read "The safety of all lives matter" on a police traffic trailer

What were they thinking?!? I mean

Comment

• ALM has been used by the far right to discredit and undermine BLM. They are making a race war out of it. But, at face value, ALM is unimpeachable, and everyone knows that.

Comment

I suspect that some white Americans find it hard to accept that, historically, black Americans [and other non-white Americans] actually have a valid point.

The cynic in me cannot help but wonder if Rittenhouse would have been so lauded [on this board and elsewhere] if he'd been a black man out protecting black businesses and he'd shot two RW white protestors.
                  Last edited by Hypatia_Alexandria; 11-26-2021, 11:39 AM.
                  "It ain't necessarily so
                  The things that you're liable
                  To read in the Bible
                  It ain't necessarily so
                  ."

Sportin' Life
                  Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post

Do you realize you just argued yourself in a circle?
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

ALM has been used by the far right to discredit and undermine BLM. They are making a race war out of it. But, at face value, ALM is unimpeachable, and everyone knows that.

Moments ago you were insisting that BLM believing that All Lives Matter pretty much went without saying. Now that it finally sinks in that they don't (next step is when it dawns on you that BLM doesn't even believe BLM) and we get the above

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                        I suspect that some white Americans find it hard to accept that, historically, black Americans [and other non-white Americans] actually have a valid point.

The cynic in me cannot help but wonder if Rittenhouse would have been so lauded [on this board and elsewhere] if he'd been a black man out protecting black businesses and he'd shot two RW white protestors.
                        Or Andrew Coffee IV, who is a black convicted felon, and who was at the same time Rittenhouse was acquitted was also being found not guilty in Florida on charges of felony murder and attempted murder of a law enforcement officer when a jury determined that he acted in self-defense when shot at deputies during a SWAT raid.

Comment

The cynic in you sees "so lauding" on this board where there is none. The cynic in you causes you to say really stupid stuff.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

"all lives" means all lives. Black, white, and any other color you can dream up. But BLM doesn't like that because they think only black lives who agree with their communist agenda and thuggery, matter. Only the black lives they can use to exploit for racism matter to them. Black lives lost at the hands of other black people in gang shootings every day don't matter one bit to them. Only when they can racemonger, in the rare occasion of a white person killing a black person, do they even think of making a stink.

Comment

I'm sure you do wonder that.

Now go look at the Andrew Coffee case (which was universally applauded here wrt the verdict, BTW). And then go look at that school shooting in Texas this last month with a black shooter who was let out on bail a fraction of the size of what Rittenhouse's bail was. And then go look at the decisions for the Ahmaud Arbery shooting. And then come back to us and tell us how things would have been different (and you didn't even manage to make a coherent analogy either - to be coherent it would be a black man protecting businesses who shot three black men).

I know racemongers like you enjoy making up such things in your mind to reassure yourselves how racist everything is. Reality doesn't bear that out, hun.

Comment

ALM has been used by the far right to discredit and undermine BLM. They are making a race war out of it. But, at face value, ALM is unimpeachable, and everyone knows that.
                                BLM has discredited themselves. Most have figure that out, and only the idiots still believe they have a valid cause.
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment