Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ahmaud Arbery; racist killing and attempted cover up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    Interesting. The part I saw yesterday was the "red-haired guy" testifying under the questioning of the defense attorney. I didn't see any of the questioning by the prosecution.

The impression I got was much different from what I'm reading in this thread now.

Prov. 18:17
    I should use that verse as my signature!!!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Closing arguments are in progress.

Members of Black gun-rights groups circled the courthouse Monday, saying they there to protect demonstrators and exercise their Second Amendment rights. Musician and activist Darrell Kelley and members of the New Black Panther Party brought a casket with a fiberglass mannequin, which contained the names of Black Americans killed by police or in confrontations with allegedly racist motives.

“America right now … their justice system is on trial,” said Nasiy Nasir X, a leader of the Minnesota-based Lion of Judah Armed Forces, who walked around the courthouse with an AR-15 assault rifle. “And the reason why it’s on trial is our beloved brother Ahmaud Arbery was shot dead in the streets, like he was an animal, by three White vigilantes.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

They should have followed and maintained contact with the police. Period. There was no need for a confrontation.
        Line-ball for outright murder I think, but a lesser charge (manslaughter or whatever the equivalent is) would be a slam-dunk. (or am I mixing metaphors?)
        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
        Scripture before Tradition:
        but that won't prevent others from
        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• I'm surprised this case isn't being plastered across mainstream media headlines like the Rittenhouse trial, because this case aligns more closely with the liberal narrative than a white kid defending himself from other white people.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            I'm surprised this case isn't being plastered across mainstream media headlines like the Rittenhouse trial, because this case aligns more closely with the liberal narrative than a white kid defending himself from other white people.
            After the kind of drubbing they got with Rittenhouse ... playing it safe maybe.
            1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              I'm surprised this case isn't being plastered across mainstream media headlines like the Rittenhouse trial, because this case aligns more closely with the liberal narrative than a white kid defending himself from other white people.
              Different situations.

In the case of Rittenhouse, they probably knew it was self-defense and that he'd get acquitted. So the strategy was to frame a false narrative that he's a white supremacist beforehand (maybe get a lot of folks even believing the people shot were black), that way they'd get a violent reaction by their deluded audience in the aftermath when he was acquitted.

They can't do that with this case. Though I imagine they'll definitely cover it if there's an acquittal, which seems unlikely.

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post

After the kind of drubbing they got with Rittenhouse ... playing it safe maybe.
                “they” being the State of Wisconsin.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

“they” being the State of Wisconsin.
                  Are you just trying to be a ?
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Are you just trying to be a ?
                    No, are you being thick?

Comment

No, are you being thick?
                      I'm a little thicker than I want to be, but I plan on focusing on that better after Thanksgiving. But thanks for asking.

Comment

Closing arguments are in progress.
                        Musician and activist Darrell Kelley and members of the New Black Panther Party brought a casket with a fiberglass mannequin, which contained the names of Black Americans killed by police or in confrontations with allegedly racist motives.
                        I wonder which number is larger, the number of blacks killed by police for any motive, or police killed by blacks.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          I wonder which number is larger, the number of blacks killed by police for any motive, or police killed by blacks.
                          Or blacks killed by blacks.

Comment

Or blacks killed by blacks.
                            On raw numbers, the number of blacks committing murder in the US exceeds the number of whites committing murder in the US. I haven't found statistics relating to your question, nor to Rogue's.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ta-table-3.xls
                            Last edited by tabibito; 11-23-2021, 01:17 AM.
                            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post

On raw numbers, the number of blacks committing murder in the US exceeds the number of whites committing murder in the US. I haven't found statistics relating to your question, nor to Rogue's.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ta-table-3.xls
                              Well, there's this.
                              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

Well, there's this.
                                Brief as it is, that report evidences a particularly scholarly approach. Whether white or black, people have more cause for concern about being attacked by members of their own race than by the opposite.
                                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment