Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ahmaud Arbery; racist killing and attempted cover up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post

Video doesn't show that part true enough - it does show that Arbery rushed McMichaels Coroner's report would show how many shots actually hit - but it doesn't seem likely that a New York times report would say he was hit three times if it was only once. (Or does NYT not follow standard MSM procedures.) According to the video, the first shot injured Arbery (chest and sternum).
    Typically one point blank blast to the chest from a shotgun instantly ends things. I find it hard to believe it would take three such shots to drop him.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Typically one point blank blast to the chest from a shotgun instantly ends things. I find it hard to believe it would take three such shots to drop him.
      Which is why I asked what kind of load was in the gun. Generally it would be expected that even the final shot alone would have dropped Arbery where he stood. It didn't.
      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
      Scripture before Tradition:
      but that won't prevent others from
      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

The last point is one of the biggest bones of contention. Some of those who have seen the video claim that the first shot was fired before Arbery grabbed the gun, others say after (as they struggled for control of the shotgun), and still others say it is impossible to ascertain as the event was obstructed by the vehicles.

They can't all be right.
        Sounds like reasonable doubt to me.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Which is why I asked what kind of load was in the gun. Generally it would be expected that even the final shot alone would have dropped Arbery where he stood. It didn't.
          I don't think it matters what kind of shot was loaded, as close as the barrel was, it would have left a big hole regardless, and as it appears to me, the third shot is the one that hit Arbery in his midsection, and he immediately broke off the fight and fell to the ground.

Comment

• Ahmaud Arbery was shot three times, including twice in the chest, according to an autopsy report obtained by CNN on Tuesday.
            So who got it wrong? the coroner? or did CNN produce a bogus coroner's report?

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/12/u...yan/index.html
            Last edited by tabibito; 09-05-2021, 09:22 AM.
            1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
            Scripture before Tradition:
            but that won't prevent others from
            taking it upon themselves to deprive you
            of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Sounds like reasonable doubt to me.
              Or some folks seeing what they want to see

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I don't think it matters what kind of shot was loaded, as close as the barrel was, it would have left a big hole regardless, and as it appears to me, the third shot is the one that hit Arbery in his midsection, and he immediately broke off the fight and fell to the ground.
                At extremely close range even a blank can kill.

IIRC, there was an actor who accidentally killed himself when he placed a pistol loaded with a blank against his head and pulled the trigger as a joke.

Comment

IIRC, there was an actor who accidentally killed himself when he placed a pistol loaded with a blank against his head and pulled the trigger as a joke.
                  Jon-Erik Hexum, from 'Voyagers!', back in the 80s.

Comment

Yes, I believe that has happened more than once. People don't realize that even in a "blank", the gasses of the discharge travel at a fatal velocity immediately after leaving the barrel.

Comment

So who got it wrong? the coroner? or did CNN produce a bogus coroner's report?

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/12/u...yan/index.html
                      I hadn't seen that before. According to the article:

The autopsy, performed by Georgia Bureau of Investigation medical examiner Edmund Donoghue, confirms what many assumed after video showed the black man's fatal shooting following a pursuit by at least two armed men.

"This 25-year-old Black male, AHMAUD ARBERY, died of multiple shotgun wounds sustained during a struggle for the shotgun," Donoghue wrote in conclusion.

Arbery suffered a "deep, gaping, shotgun graze" to his right wrist, as well as wounds to his upper left chest and lower middle chest, according to the report written April 1. Thirteen shotgun pellets exited Arbery's back, and 11 more were recovered from his wounds, the report says.

The shotgun blasts also damaged his right lung and fractured his upper left arm and scapula, according to the report.

I found a corner's report that goes into much greater detail describing the extent of injuries, and I'm baffled how he could have continued to fight so vigorously for as long as he did after suffering such serious wounds. That's what led me to the assumption that the first two shots had missed.
                      Last edited by Mountain Man; 09-05-2021, 01:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Jon-Erik Hexum, from 'Voyagers!', back in the 80s.
                        Thanks. For whatever reason I always think it was Pete Duel who starred in Alias Smith and Jones in the early 70s but he committed suicide.

Comment

• They are showing the trial on Fox News right now. One of the shooters is testifying.

live stream

Comment

• I watched for a while. Reasonably interesting.

Abandoned it in favor of the South Park "Black Friday Triology." Hilarious.
                            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• The more I listen to the testimony of the red-headed shooter, the more I am thinking they are guilty. They were suspicious of a black guy wandering through houses under construction, chased him down and ended up killing him when Arbery tried to defend himself. None of this would have happened if they didn't chase him in the first place. Very similar to Rosenbaum chasing Rittenhouse, except in this case the chaser actually ended up killing the chasee.

Comment

• Yeah, I think the prosecutor is bumbling and fumbling a bit, but she's slowly but surely getting to the point.
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment