Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

DOJ drops all charges against Michael Flynn!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Except we now know that General Flynn never lied about the phonecall. In the original interview notes, he expressed a degree of uncertainty about what exactly he had discussed, but the FBI "edited" the notes to turn uncertain statements into definitive contradictions and then coerced the General into a false guilty plea.

In other words, what was actually said in the phonecall is irrelevant since General Flynn never lied about it.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Except we now know that General Flynn never lied about the phonecall. In the original interview notes, he expressed a degree of uncertainty about what exactly he had discussed, but the FBI "edited" the notes to turn uncertain statements into definitive contradictions and then coerced the General into a false guilty plea.

In other words, what was actually said in the phonecall is irrelevant since General Flynn never lied about it.
      Once again, MM, an accussation made by the defense. And if you honestly believe that Gen. Flynn doesn't remember iwhether or not he discussed sanctions with Kislyak, then you're even more naive then then I thought. Although I don't thinks it's naivete a work in your case.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Once again, MM, an accussation made by the defense. And if you honestly believe that Gen. Flynn doesn't remember iwhether or not he discussed sanctions with Kislyak, then you're even more naive then then I thought. Although I don't thinks it's naivete a work in your case.

Clinton FBI interview: 39 times she didn't recall

Hillary Clinton told the FBI I do not recall or remember 39 times in interviews with the FBI about her private email servers. CNN's Evan Perez reports.
        Source: CNN

Do you think Hillary lied to the FBI about not recalling so many things?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Regarding Sally Yate's "blackmail" narrative:

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
            And if you honestly believe that Gen. Flynn doesn't remember iwhether or not he discussed sanctions with Kislyak...
            As Sydney Powell noted, Flynn had talked to a few dozen other countries during that same time period, so it's not unlikely that Flynn couldn't remember off the top of his head exactly what he discussed and with who. Remember, the FBI presented the first interview as just a friendly chat, no lawyer required, so Flynn probably didn't take the time to refresh his memory from his own notes, never suspecting in a million years that his answers would be used against him (after being edited, of course).

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Hillary Clinton told the FBI I do not recall or remember 39 times in interviews with the FBI about her private email servers. CNN's Evan Perez reports.

Big difference: Hillary was answering an official inquiry. Flynn was never under oath and was never told that it was a formal interview, so his answers were more casual and conversational. I am certain that if he had been informed about what was really going that he would have been prepared with notes, transcripts, and a lawyer at his side.

Comment

Big difference: Hillary was answering an official inquiry. Flynn was never under oath and was never told that it was a formal interview, so his answers were more casual and conversational. I am certain that if he had been informed about what was really going that he would have been prepared with notes, transcripts, and a lawyer at his side.
                Oh, I'm aware -- which makes Hillary's lies that much more troublesome for JimL. And the "casual nature" of the interviews with Flynn were not at all coincidental.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

As Sydney Powell noted, Flynn had talked to a few dozen other countries during that same time period, so it's not unlikely that Flynn couldn't remember off the top of his head exactly what he discussed and with who. Remember, the FBI presented the first interview as just a friendly chat, no lawyer required, so Flynn probably didn't take the time to refresh his memory from his own notes, never suspecting in a million years that his answers would be used against him (after being edited, of course).
                  I know you want to portray Gen. Flynn as some kind of a demented moron, MM, it fits your agenda, but he was the incoming NSA and the General isn't going to forget why it was that he called Kislyak immediately after the Obama sanctions were enacted.

Comment

We are not talking about many e-mails, we are talking about one phone call. And obviously you don't believe Hillary was telling the truth, so why do you think Gen Flynn is?

Comment

Again, Gen Flynn is not the moron you are making him out to be, under oath or not, he's smart enough to know that lying to the FBI is a crime. He did, and he admitted to it twice.

Comment

We are not talking about many e-mails, we are talking about one phone call. And obviously you don't believe Hillary was telling the truth, so why do you think Gen Flynn is?
                        Hillary has a long history of not telling the truth. But let's turn that around -- obviously you think Flynn was lying, but you don't think Hillary was?

Comment

Hillary has a long history of not telling the truth.
                          So do you, and everyone else. Now, when did she lie to the FBI.

But let's turn that around -- obviously you think Flynn was lying, but you don't think Hillary was?
                          For one thing, he admitted to it twice, taking full responsibility for doing so. For another, it's documented.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                            Gen Flynn is not the moron you are making him out to be, under oath or not, he's smart enough to know that lying to the FBI is a crime.
                            You're right, he's not a moron, which is why during the first ambush interview, when he was unsure of himself, he indicated that in his answers. The FBI then falsified the evidence by turning those uncertain answers into definitive deviations from the truth. As I explained to you before, even if Flynn could perfectly remember what he had said during the interview, it was his word against the official (but falsified) evidence. Then to stop any possible protest from Flynn, the FBI threatened Flynn's son with retaliatory prosecution if Flynn didn't "confess".

I say again, none of this is guesswork or speculation. It is fact, and now that the facts are out in the open, Flynn is finally getting the justice he deserves.

Comment

So do you, and everyone else.
                              I have a long history of not telling the truth?

Now, when did she lie to the FBI.
                              Comey said she did. Look it up.

Comment

You're right, he's not a moron, which is why during the first ambush interview, when he was unsure of himself...
                                I think what a lot of people don't understand is the extent to which police can legally go to extract a confession....

Comment