Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ways to end the Covid pandemic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seanD View Post
    It's scary what fear does to folks. What really amazes me is someone who professes to believe in a supernatural power and afterlife, so terrified of dying. It makes you really question their faith in those things.

You're not making any sense. Whether you're personally afraid of contracting the virus or not, is irrelevant. You live in a society, not in a vacuum or on a deserted Island somewhere, hence it's not all about you personally, but your community. Regardless of how you feel personally about getting infected and possibly dying with COVID, you don't have the right to walk around in public, endangering the lives of others. That's why you wear a mask, in order to avoid infecting others, not necessarily yourself.

All of your tough talk bravado, amounts to nothing, and is unconvincing. It's people with your attitude and that talk like you, who are the first ones to run to the ER to get some medical attention, when they develop a serious infection. One of my family members, is one of those armed to the teeth, racist, trump supporters, from the Florida panhandle, that once thought COVID was a conspiracy to take away his guns. He recently got out of the hospital after spending a week in observation, due to having breathing problems and a high fever. He's no longer attending those anti-government "freedom rallies", much less going out there without a mask. You're just like him, a "real tough guy", until you get struck with reality, and run to the hospital to take that bed. Oh yeah, you're all the same.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
      I'd like to remind posters (NorrinRad, SeanD and YHWH RULES) that name calling and politicking are not welcome in this thread.

YHWH RULES, you will asked to leave if you post any more insults or attacks on others.
      Is there a way to block threads so that I don't see them? I doubt I'll remember the groundrules.
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
        You have no idea about me and what I can or can't handle. This thread is specifically for non-partisan, respectful and productive discussion. Read the OP.

There's a whole board for you to show how tough a keyboard warrior you are, go and flex there. It's rude, selfish and immature to insist on using insults when the OP specifically asked that you do not do that. If you can't get your point across without such moronic name-calling as 'Bubba'. I don't buy your hand-waving, and I don't want you posting in my thread.

Go away and make your own thread about 'gun-waving Bubbas'.
        You're just "moronically", hypocritically, disingenuously, creating these arbitrary, self-serving qualifications for "appropriate discourse", to protect your ego and arguments, from genuine scrutiny, falsely appealing to "non-partisanism" and "respectful and productive discussion", to censor whoever thoroughly debunks your drivel. I will respond to your fallacious arguments and accusations, irrespective of how you feel about it. You can interpret my tone and attitude, however you want. I didn't single out anyone on this thread or forum as a gun toting, racist bigot Bubba, defying their community's public safety measures to fight COVID, so the fact your triggered by the word "Bubba", says nothing about me, but you. Are you a gun totting, racist bigot Bubba, defying their community's public safety measures to fight COVID? If you aren't, what's your problem with my choice of words? You're the one with the personal issue, getting triggered by my use of the word "Bubba".

I will be responding to all of the moronic, tin foil hat conspiracy nonsense on this thread, in my own personal, unique way, if you don't like the way I express my self, ignore me. That simple.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
          It's scary what fear does to folks. What really amazes me is someone who professes to believe in a supernatural power and afterlife, so terrified of dying. It makes you really question their faith in those things.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]44578[/ATTACH]
            Yes, public safety / public health is important. You can't normally function in society without a certain degree of safety. Do you deny that?

Comment

Moderated By: Cerebrum123

YHWH Rules has been officially asked to leave this thread. There are to be no further responses to him or from him in this thread.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
              Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Comment

Can you give coherent response without cartoons?

Comment

Can you give a coherent response without cartoons?

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                    Can you give coherent response without cartoons?
                    Yes.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Yes.
                      Still waiting . . .

Comment