Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Shelley Luther: My New Hero...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
    In Denmark hair dressers were among the first to be allowed to open. They can easily run in a way that prevents contagion from spreading as long as they practice industry standard hygiene, and just clean off the seats. Easy adaptations were made in Denmark and we saw no noticeable rise in infection rates even after two weeks.
    Which is what Shelly Luther did and for those of us who have gone to hairdressers or at least the ones I've gone to the social distancing is already there except between the Customer and her Hairdresser. If I recall the customers had to stay in there cars till their hairdresser as ready. The Judge had not right to try and humiliate her like that or to put her in Jail, it just showed he was a small minded tyrant wanna be.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
      Aw shucks you make me all proud of my country.
      Denmark is cool, they were more cool though when they were Vikings...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        Denmark is cool, they were more cool though when they were Vikings...
        I wish they'd send me more of those cookies in a can and less of that ham in a can.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          They did it without panicking and shutting down all the interstates and throwing anyone using their car in jail with huge fines.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
            So you won't explain your argument and now you want to act like an obvious joke was meant seriously to change the subject. As I said, the argument can't be defended. Cars kill, cars bad!
            Show me one person who didn't understand the analogy but yourself.

Comment

uh, no. By innovations in technology, responding to needs without panicking and shutting down the interstates and banning cars.

Comment

Show me one person who didn't understand the analogy but yourself.
                I *understand* the analogy you are trying to make. I *don't* understand how the two things are actually analogous.

And honestly my mom feels the same as me on this. She *loved* Dr. Phil for decades until he made the same comparison in his interview from ~1 month ago and now she's finished with him :).

This article explains why it's a bad analogy. The first few paragraphs are out of date since the number to Coronavirus deaths now exceeds 75K (1.25x Vietnam, 25x 9/11) which only strengthens the second half of the article.

Comment

I *understand* the analogy you are trying to make. I *don't* understand how the two things are actually analogous.
                  everyone else does.

And honestly my mom feels the same as me on this. She *loved* Dr. Phil for decades until he made the same comparison in his interview from ~1 month ago and now she's finished with him :).

This article explains why it's a bad analogy. The first few paragraphs are out of date since the number to Coronavirus deaths now exceeds 75K (1.25x Vietnam, 25x 9/11) which only strengthens the second half of the article.
                  Can't read it since it's behind a paywall, but I am touched the WP would write an article directed at me!

But from what I could see of the article, it wasn't talking about the same analogy I was using. I was using the car analogy as a comparison and rejection of your idiotic comparison of covi-19 deaths to all of the various war deaths which you tried to use as a club to claim that we were somehow uncompassionate about the covid deaths, you ignorant basement-dwelling twit.

Comment

everyone else does.

Can't read it since it's behind a paywall, but I am touched the WP would write an article directed at me!

But from what I could see of the article, it wasn't talking about the same analogy I was using. I was using the car analogy as a comparison and rejection of your idiotic comparison of covi-19 deaths to all of the various war deaths which you tried to use as a club to claim that we were somehow uncompassionate about the covid deaths, you ignorant basement-dwelling twit.
                    OK I found a way to read the article. LOL. This is what is known as trying to pick an analogy apart by taking it too literally and missing the entire point. and it indeed was not the point I was making with YOUR comparison DoB with war deaths. In fact, I could use the exact same argument the writer uses against "automobile" deaths with YOUR analogy of covid-19 deaths to "war deaths"

Comment

everyone else does.

This is the third time you've called me a basement dweller. The house I currently own and am sitting in right now is worth ~$2m and soon will be expanded to a 5 (edited since I miscounted) bedroom / 3 bath palace. Find a better insult.
                      Last edited by DivineOb; 05-08-2020, 02:39 PM.

Comment

OK I found a way to read the article. LOL. This is what is known as trying to pick an analogy apart by taking it too literally and missing the entire point. and it indeed was not the point I was making with YOUR comparison DoB with war deaths. In fact, I could use the exact same argument the writer uses against "automobile" deaths with YOUR analogy of covid-19 deaths to "war deaths"
                        What analogy did I make? I was just comparing the total (and increasing) Coronavirus deaths to other events which killed large numbers of Americans. Obviously a virus is nothing like a war.

Regardless, you said this

worldwide 1.25 Million automobile related deaths per year, every year. We need to ban cars. And roads.

One can infer only that you're comparing the extreme measures taken to "flatten the curve" to what those measures might look like when applied to car fatalities (and which was the topic of the thread). That's the analogy addressed by the article. Of course you're too magnanimous to quote the relevant passage and embarrass me, which is appreciated.

Comment

One can infer only
                          I love it when people correctly use imply and infer!
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

This is the third time you've called me a basement dweller. The house I currently own and am sitting in right now is worth ~$2m and soon will be expanded to a 5 (edited since I miscounted) bedroom / 3 bath palace. Find a better insult.
                            you go girl.

Comment

What analogy did I make? I was just comparing the total (and increasing) Coronavirus deaths to other events which killed large numbers of Americans. Obviously a virus is nothing like a war.

Regardless, you said this

worldwide 1.25 Million automobile related deaths per year, every year. We need to ban cars. And roads.

One can infer only that you're comparing the extreme measures taken to "flatten the curve" to what those measures might look like when applied to car fatalities (and which was the topic of the thread). That's the analogy addressed by the article. Of course you're too magnanimous to quote the relevant passage and embarrass me, which is appreciated.
                              We have spent what, 6 pages on this rabbit trail now? I am tired of your derail because you made a stupid comparison and then can't understand the replies to it. Move on dweeb. I gave you a link to the beginning of the rabbit trail about a page ago. You have a mouse, use it. At this point I think you are just doing this to troll, nobody can be that ignorant.
                              Last edited by Sparko; 05-08-2020, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                I love it when people correctly use imply and infer!
                                I confess, I have problems with "bring" and "take," and with "farther" and "further."
                                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment