Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Joe Biden's #metoo moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump has stated that he believes they could be false accusations. I got to say, if he's using "4-d chess" here, that was kind of a smart strategy. He's playing good cop and might compel the left to take a position against Biden just to spite Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
      Trump has stated that he believes they could be false accusations. I got to say, if he's using "4-d chess" here, that was kind of a smart strategy. He's playing good cop and might compel the left to take a position against Biden just to spite Trump.
      That's just dumb, sean. Trump could hardly say otherwise himself with all the accussations against him. He'll leave that dirty work up to Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh, the propaganda arm of the republican party.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        That's just dumb, sean. Trump could hardly say otherwise himself with all the accussations against him. He'll leave that dirty work up to Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh, the propaganda arm of the republican party.
        So what you're saying is that, since Trump has principles, he's giving a modest opinion about it because he doesn't what to look like a hypocrite? Are you sure that's the argument YOU want to use.

Nah bro. Trump is the king of trolls. He would love nothing better than to stir the pot of controversy and goad Biden like he does to everyone all the time. It's clearly a strategy. He's adding salt to the wound by saying a woman who claims she was sexually assaulted isn't credible. The guy that the left absolutely abhors is literally mirroring what they themselves are doing to this poor woman. It's brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
          So what you're saying is that, since Trump has principles, he's giving a modest opinion about it because he doesn't what to look like a hypocrite? Are you sure that's the argument YOU want to use.

Nah bro. Trump is the king of trolls. He would love nothing better than to stir the pot of controversy and goad Biden like he does to everyone all the time. It's clearly a strategy. He's adding salt to the wound by saying a woman who claims she was sexually assaulted isn't credible. The guy that the left absolutely abhors is literally mirroring what they themselves are doing to this poor woman. It's brilliant.
          No, Trump is definitely a jerk, but he doesn't want his own dirty laundry being brought up again even though his own base couldn't care less.

Comment

Sure, Ford had plenty of corroborating evidence as well, much more so than I've seen from Reade at this point, it's just that you conservatives don't seem to know what corroborating evidence is.
            Take a bit of delusion and a dash of projection and you end up with a little jimmy post.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Being that a president is elected, he/she doesn't require a Senate confirmation process, becoming a Supreme Court Judge does.

Sure, Ford had plenty of corroborating evidence as well, much more so than I've seen from Reade at this point, it's just that you conservatives don't seem to know what corroborating evidence is. It can be weak evidence or strong evidence, it isn't proof, which is why I wouldn't have convicted him criminally, even though I believe Fords claim. But Kavanaugh proved himself to be a liar, which itself is evidence against him, and in his own testimony, he proved himself to be unfit to sit on the Supreme Court for life which is why he shouldn't have been confirmed in my opinion..
              So tell us this corroborating evidence that Ford had. Please.

Comment

Biden's defense: "I don't remember!"

The sad thing is that it is probably true. He can't remember what he did 5 minutes ago.

That doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

The sad thing is that it is probably true. He can't remember what he did 5 minutes ago.

No, Bidens defense is that it never happened. Reade claimed to have registered a complaint so all that needs be done is to retrieve the complaint which should be on file. Bidens suggestion. I don't think you're going to find that a complaint was ever filed.

Comment

I agree, Joe's "I don't remember" defense is completely believable. The problem for his defenders, though, is that while it's possible he's innocent, at least in this one instance, nobody can say, "That doesn't sound like something Joe would have done," because it totally sounds like something Joe would have done.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                      Reade claimed to have registered a complaint so all that needs be done is to retrieve the complaint which should be on file. Bidens suggestion. I don't think you're going to find that a complaint was ever filed.
                      If only Joe would unseal his Senate records which are currently under lock and key at the University of Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        I agree, Joe's "I don't remember" defense is completely believable. The problem for his defenders, though, is that while it's possible he's innocent, at least in this one instance, nobody can say, "That doesn't sound like something Joe would have done," because it totally sounds like something Joe would have done.
                        Biden didn't say he didn't remember, he said it never happened. At least get your stories right!

Comment

No, Bidens defense is that it never happened. Reade claimed to have registered a complaint so all that needs be done is to retrieve the complaint which should be on file. Bidens suggestion. I don't think you're going to find that a complaint was ever filed.

"Do you remember her? Do you remember any, any types of complaints that she might have made?" Brzezinski asked.

"I don't remember any type of complaint she may have made. It was 27 years ago and I don't remember- nor does anyone else that I'm aware of. And the fact is, I don't remember. I don't remember any complaint ever having been made," Biden responded.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-...ers-tara-reade

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            If only Joe would unseal his Senate records which are currently under lock and key at the University of Delaware...
                            yeah if he's innocent he has nothing to worry about since a search of Tara Reades name in those records, as Mica from MSNBC suggested they do, would turn up nothing right?
                            Last edited by RumTumTugger; 05-01-2020, 11:34 AM.

Comment

"Do you remember her? Do you remember any, any types of complaints that she might have made?" Brzezinski asked.

"I don't remember any type of complaint she may have made. It was 27 years ago and I don't remember- nor does anyone else that I'm aware of. And the fact is, I don't remember. I don't remember any complaint ever having been made," Biden responded.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-...ers-tara-reade
                              How does the saying go? If you want to get out of the hole you're in, stop digging?

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                                yeah if he's innocent he has nothing to worry about since a search of Tara Reades name in those records, as Mica from MSNBC suggested, would turn up nothing right?
                                I agree in theory. My misgiving, however, is that I'm not certain that any such complaint would have been added to Joe's permanent record -- we're talking about the same government body that maintained a slush fund for paying off victims. And secondly, let's say he does release his records and says, "See? No mention of Tara Reade!" what guarantee do we have that the records haven't been recently tampered with? Does the U. of Delaware have some system in place to catalog any changes to the archive, and could that system be circumvented?

But I think the most telling quote from Joe is that he doesn't want to release his Senate record because he's afraid his political opponents will use it as "fodder" against him. Makes you wonder what else is in there that he wants to keep hidden.

Comment