Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Joe Biden's #metoo moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
    That's true. But doesn't it matter if someone's "story" is consistent with other Doesn't that add even a little bit to the credibility?
    What other sexual assault victims?

I'm listening to people who know more about this than me! If you can find experts who come to different conclusions then please send them my way so I can read them and learn!

Why shouldn't we, neither of which has been sexually assaulted, believe we know more about this than people who have studied it for years or who have gone through it themselves?
    So what? What makes this guy an expert? Because he was raped? He is only offering his subjective opinion. He has no idea what actually did or did not happen in the Reade case.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
      What other sexual assault victims?
      Did you read the latimes link? It has interviews with experts on sexual assault. Clearly they know how sexual assault victims tend to remember and respond to the incident.

So what? What makes this guy an expert? Because he was raped? He is only offering his subjective opinion. He has no idea what actually did or did not happen in the Reade case.
      He's not an expert in the same way as people who have studied for years but his voice carries at least *some* weight since he has gone through this himself!. He was just one example I could remember I had read and knew I could find easily.

If you can find *experts* saying that the way Reade's story has changed is consistent with how *other* sexual assault victims stories change then I'll be thrilled to read them. All I care about is what the consensus of experts says. If you can find a single area where that is *not* how I make my decisions I want to know so I can understand why I do that and possibly adjust my beliefs.

Comment

• Yep, that Trump sure is a pervert, isn't he Lilpix?
        http://static.timesofisrael.com/www/...4397384328.jpg
        Last edited by JimL; 05-04-2020, 03:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Yep, that Trump sure is a pervert, isn't he Lilpix?
          http://static.timesofisrael.com/www/...4397384328.jpg
          It's like they don't think before they respond. It's *got* to be that Biden is a pedo so they try to thread the needle on how to describe his behavior but don't quite have the necessary skill.

Comment

I'm not going to dig up everything but here is an article which explains why Ms. Ford was credible by people more knowledgeable than me about this. In particular they explain why the details she remembers and the gaps in her memory are consisting with a past, traumatizing sexual assault.
            Oh, right, it's the "If a woman can't remember key details or anything else that would help determine if the incident really happened then it makes her story more believable" canard. That's one of my favorites.

One of the "experts" quoted in the article says:

The discussion about Ford and her husband going to therapy because she wanted two front doors was a unique moment. It actually is corroborating evidence about the impact of the assault on her life. I mean, who else needs two front doors?

Of course that was before we learned that Christine Blasey Fraud lied about when and why a second door was added to her home.

But she's totally credible.
            Last edited by Mountain Man; 05-04-2020, 05:26 PM.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Oh, right, it's the "If a woman can't remember key details or anything else that would help determine if the incident really happened then it makes her story more believable" canard. That's one of my favorites.

One of the "experts" quoted in the article says:

The discussion about Ford and her husband going to therapy because she wanted two front doors was a unique moment. It actually is corroborating evidence about the impact of the assault on her life. I mean, who else needs two front doors?

Of course that was before we learned that Christine Blasey Fraud lied about when and why a second door was added to her home.

But she's totally credible.
              I read your link in full. Can you cite the specific lie she told?

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
                I read your link in full. Can you cite the specific lie she told?
                If you really read the the link "in full" then you should have no problem whatsoever answering that question yourself.

Comment

If you really read the the link "in full" then you should have no problem whatsoever answering that question yourself.
                  Apparently your game is to never take a stance which could actually be disproven. I don't get it but maybe you just need someone to talk to (these days).

Comment

Apparently your game is to never take a stance which could actually be disproven.
                    Apparently your game is to claim you've read something you clearly didn't. Because if you had read the article, then you wouldn't have asked such a stupid question as "Can you cite the specific lie she told?" You pulled this same stunt in the Michael Flynn thread, refusing to read the links and then asking for evidence that had already been presented.

Comment

Apparently your game is to claim you've read something you clearly didn't. Because if you had read the article, then you wouldn't have asked such a stupid question as "Can you cite the specific lie she told?" You pulled this same stunt in the Michael Flynn thread, refusing to read the links and then asking for evidence that had already been presented.
                      Because I hate myself I read the article together with my wife. Neither of us could identify a single specific place where Ms. Ford is being accused of lying. There is some innuendo but I'm not going to waste my time arguing against every point in that article in the vain hope that I address your specific concerns. Why don't you paste here the *strongest point* from the article and we can explore it?

And I'm thrilled you are comparing me to a boob. Boobs are one of God's gifts.

Comment

Because I hate myself I read the article together with my wife. Neither of us could identify a single specific place where Ms. Ford is being accused of lying. There is some innuendo but I'm not going to waste my time arguing against every point in that article in the vain hope that I address your specific concerns. Why don't you paste here the *strongest point* from the article and we can explore it?

And I'm thrilled you are comparing me to a boob. Boobs are one of God's gifts.
                        As a reasonably red-blooded male, I agree. Though my wife whacks me across the head if I even think about using that particular word.

ETA: I had to chuckle when I saw this article flash across my news feed. I generally eschew The Daily Beast for the same reason that I eschew Breitbart: parsing out their partisan spin is just too much work. But this article, while absolutely slanted, confirms an impression I've had of Fox since the start of the Tara Reade issue. The numbers they cite hold up. I did a search for Tara Reade in a number of search engines and found reporting about the Reade accusations on pretty much every single mainstream news outlet. Maybe when we hear "the MSM is ignoring Tara Reade" what they are really saying is that mainstream news outlets aren't giving it the same coverage as Fox? I suppose that would look "right leaning" to them. I see very little difference in the amount of coverage Reade is getting compared to the amount of coverage they had of Carroll, or any of the other 25 women who have accused Trump of sexual misconduct. But Fox - the "Neutral" news outlet, has a very different level of coverage for Reade than they did of Carroll or any of the other Trump accusers. I guess that's why they are "Fair and Balanced."
                        Last edited by carpedm9587; 05-05-2020, 07:07 AM.
                        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

I read the article together with my wife. Neither of us could identify a single specific place where Ms. Ford is being accused of lying.
                          Do you wish to give the impression that both you and your wife are illiterate?

The lie Dr. Fraud told is she claimed a second door was added to her home because she wanted more than one escape route from her house (does her house lack a back door?), but "documents reveal the door ... has been used by renters and even a marriage counseling business".

Dr. Fraud also implied that she and her husband sought therapy when they disagreed over adding the second door when, in fact, the house renovations were completed several years prior to the couple entering therapy. Even more curious is the fact that their counselor was renting the private residence accessed by the second door.

Comment

As had been previously raised in this thread it is being confirmed that Tara Reade is backing away from her assault claims

https://www.axios.com/joe-biden-sexu...mpaign=organic

Tara Reade, a former Senate staffer who has accused former Vice President Joe Biden of sexually assaulting her in 1993, told AP in an exclusive interview that she filed a "limited" report on Biden with a congressional personnel office that did not explicitly accuse him of sexual harassment or assault.

Y'all owe Biden and Ms. Ford apologies.
                            Let's circle back around to this...

Comment

Let's circle back around to this...

• Breitbart cannot know what is in the complaint because it has not been released.
                              • Biden has publicly requested the Senate to locate and release the report and has been turned down by the Senate (which is currently in Republican hands).
                              • Reade has herself noted she did not specify an accusation of "sexual harassment" in her complaint (I have seen various reasons for this - so not sure which one is correct).

We have a he said/she said situation: she claims - he denies. That there are people she apparently told about this in the past strengthens her claim. That there is no history of this sort of behavior in Biden's record strengthens his. The best we are going to be able to do is make a reasonable guess on the basis the the available information.

And building this entire thing up to be so huge in the face of the 25 different women who accused Trump of much the same thing (to varying degrees) is more than a little hypocritical.
                              The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                                • Breitbart cannot know what is in the complaint because it has not been released.
                                • Biden has publicly requested the Senate to locate and release the report and has been turned down by the Senate (which is currently in Republican hands).
                                • Reade has herself noted she did not specify an accusation of "sexual harassment" in her complaint (I have seen various reasons for this - so not sure which one is correct).
                                You obviously didn't read the article, because all of this addressed. Whether or not she used the term "sexual harassment" in her complaint is irrelevant because what she describes is clearly a case of sexual harassment.

We also know that Biden dispatched his own operatives to scrub the records under lock and key at the University of Delaware, so if that's where the complaint was stored, it's a safe bet that it will never see the light of day now.

Comment