Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Kim Jong-un

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seanD View Post
    ... But what DO did was just ridiculous. He even pulled my sentences apart.
    A) I'm guessing he does it to pull your chain
    2) Cause it works.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
      I...

...would...

...never...

...do...

...that!
      Go to bed, you're getting silly!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
        That's not a "kiddy game", that is the way that reply functions are designed to work on the Internet. I have no idea why you get hung up over that.
        In my mind, it's like trying to have a conversation with someone who interrupts you after you every sentence. I personally find arguments broken up in that fashion hard to follow, and it just starts to look like noise.

As for the topic, I agree with the sentiments that Kim would not allow rumors of his demise to gain traction if he could help it, which suggests very strongly that he can't help it because he's either dead, or very close to it. That is unless there's some advantage to him to allow the rumors to circulate, but I can't imagine what that advantage would be. So if he is dead, I think the only certainty is that it won't be a peaceful transfer of power.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Go to bed, you're getting silly!
          Getting...?
          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

A) I'm guessing he does it to pull your chain
            2) Cause it works.
            It only works once, because that person will get no response the second time.

Comment

Getting...?
              Drop the y and add ier.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                In my mind, it's like trying to have a conversation with someone who interrupts you after you every sentence. I personally find arguments broken up in that fashion hard to follow, and it just starts to look like noise.

As for the topic, I agree with the sentiments that Kim would not allow rumors of his demise to gain traction if he could help it, which suggests very strongly that he can't help it because he's either dead, or very close to it. That is unless there's some advantage to him to allow the rumors to circulate, but I can't imagine what that advantage would be. So if he is dead, I think the only certainty is that it won't be a peaceful transfer of power.
                And that would be the $64,000 question - what possible advantage could there be to Kim allowing this to continue? Now, had all this taken place just before EASTER.....

Comment

And that would be the $64,000 question - what possible advantage could there be to Kim allowing this to continue? Now, had all this taken place just before EASTER.....

Perhaps it's the sort of political intrigue you read about in books like Dune: allow your enemies to think you're dead in order to draw them out. But is Kim really that shrewd? His style was more if he even so much as suspected someone, he would have their entire family killed.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                    It's not like we're having informal discussions. It's a debate section essentially. You don't talk over each in formal debates. That's childish. I can sort of see it's function if it's a large block of text, sort of like how you did it (though even that irks the heck out of me if I haven't done it to your post, and my post was just three sentences!). If you're incapable of forming coherent ideas, points, rebuttals into a succinct block of text because you lack literary skill, then I guess you have no choice. But what DO did was just ridiculous. He even pulled my sentences apart.
                    Ok, I'll try not to pull your stuff apart like that next time.

Dear lord.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      Perhaps it's the sort of political intrigue you read about in books like Dune: allow your enemies to think you're dead in order to draw them out. But is Kim really that shrewd? His style was more if he even so much as suspected someone, he would have their entire family killed.
                      Yeah, I can't imagine ANY scenario in which he would allow his own people to believe he were sick or dead, if he were not sick or dead.

Comment

Yeah, I can't imagine ANY scenario in which he would allow his own people to believe he were sick or dead, if he were not sick or dead.
                        Or for his supporters to allow the same. N Korea, far as I can tell, is still a key nation between US and China.
                        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

I get that complaint from several fronts. I frankly have never understood the objection. When someone asks a question or makes a point, I find it clear to place the response close to the question or point to which it relates.
                          I agree. It makes the reply so much easier to follow. Sometimes when people reply point by point to a large post and they don't break it up, it gets confusing especially if they only respond to a few points and not all of them.
                          Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

It's kinda like the argument that the Jews stole the body of Jesus --- if that were true, all they had to do was parade the body through the streets to show He was dead.

All NK needs to do is show the little fella with the crazy haircut doing something "alive".
                            I wondered what on Earth you were on about, and then I remembered that the thread topic has nothing to do with the way people reply to each other on the internet.
                            Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Maybe he wants to hike the Tallahassee trail...

Comment