Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Will COVID 19 return?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    You DO make me laugh.
    I have that "heathen charm" thing going...

Let us note, however, that I was talking specifically about the issue of "fairness".
    Sure...sure... I believe you...
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
      I have that "heathen charm" thing going...

Sure...sure... I believe you...
      A good clue would be that I actually said (and properly using the QUOTE function which automatically generates a hyperlink, albeit it rather small and obscure)...
      And that gets back to things like "fairness" --- fair to WHOM. It's all relative.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

A good clue would be that I actually said (and properly using the QUOTE function which automatically generates a hyperlink, albeit it rather small and obscure)...
        Of course you did, CP. No one saw you edit your post afterwards. It'll be our secret...

(for the humorously challenged, I'm teasing CP. He actually did relate it to fairness)
        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Of course you did, CP. No one saw you edit your post afterwards. It'll be our secret...
          Ya know, I once had a discussion with a Mormon who actually DID accuse me of editing a post after the fact - he was absolutely CONVINCED of it. I told him that, after a period of time (15 minutes?) it actually shows an "edit" stamp, and it had been HOURS. But he accused me of editing it anyway, and using my mod powers to hide the fact.

That's a whole lot easier than "oh, sorry - I didn't see that".

(to your credit, you do, on occasion, admit when you were wrong or misread something)
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
            It could contain misinformation that will unnecessarily lead to people taking risks and getting killed.
            Or it could correct disinformation that could help people restore their lives back to normal. At worst, some of the COVID-19 videos could make some people in the media and government a bit more accurate in what they report. We already see that Fauci is no longer on the pandemic task team -- even if it hardly makes a difference in what the news conferences cover.

If debate is withheld, all we get is the bureaucracy the the leftist meeting screeming in our ears.

Comment

I'm seeing no evidence of censorship targeted at the Covid-19 discussion.

A pattern of actual censorships.

I don't see how you can hold to this unsubstantiated claim so strongly...

Often repeated - never supported with any data.

I actually have - many times now. I have fouond no data to substantiate the claims. They appear to be a right-wing scare tactic. As I have noted before, there are many ways to deal with poverty and need. There is currently only one way to deal with the pandemic.
              All right, buddy. Peace to you. I'm just here to share information, not force you to understand it.

Comment

Ya know, I once had a discussion with a Mormon who actually DID accuse me of editing a post after the fact - he was absolutely CONVINCED of it. I told him that, after a period of time (15 minutes?) it actually shows an "edit" stamp, and it had been HOURS. But he accused me of editing it anyway, and using my mod powers to hide the fact.

That's a whole lot easier than "oh, sorry - I didn't see that".

(to your credit, you do, on occasion, admit when you were wrong or misread something)
                On occasion?

Despite all of the accusations to the contrary - it is my practice to acknowledge being wrong as soon as someone makes it clear that I am.

But I have a feeling that is not going to be believed...so I'll leave it at that.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                  All right, buddy. Peace to you. I'm just here to share information, not force you to understand it.
                  And I am happy to look at information that is shared, and see if it supports the claims being made.

Peas to you as well...

Comment

And I am happy to look at information that is shared, and see if it supports the claims being made.

Peas to you as well...
                    Love that "Peas to you as well... :wink:" A blessing to the vegetarian, or a curse to the carnivore.

Comment

On occasion?
                      You are wrong MORE than "on occasion"?

Despite all of the accusations to the contrary - it is my practice to acknowledge being wrong as soon as someone makes it clear that I am.

But I have a feeling that is not going to be believed...so I'll leave it at that.
                      So, what am I, chopped liver?

Comment

You are wrong MORE than "on occasion"?

So, what am I, chopped liver?
                        Usually...

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                          It could contain misinformation that will unnecessarily lead to people taking risks and getting killed.
                          Or it could correct disinformation that could help people restore their lives back to normal.
                          It doesn't. It contains misinformation that will unnecessarily lead to people taking risks and getting killed. It also contains ludicrous crackpottery, but that's not why it's being removed.
                          Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                          MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

It doesn't. It contains misinformation that will unnecessarily lead to people taking risks and getting killed. It also contains ludicrous crackpottery, but that's not why it's being removed.
                            Why was it removed?

Comment

Why was it removed?
                              Because it claims that wearing a face mask is dangerous, and staying at home harms the immune system.
                              Last edited by Roy; 05-13-2020, 09:55 AM.
                              Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                              MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

...ludicrous crackpottery,....
                                [colonel Nathan Jessup, sneering] Is there any other kind? [/cNJs]

Comment