Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

More deaths, no benefit from malaria drug in VA virus study

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Why would anyone listen to a study from China?
    Because Orange Man Bad. Q.E.D.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Trump was so desperate for personal glory, that he announced a breakthrough before the breakthrough. It was an unforgettable and unforgivable sin, in these very trying times.

Comment

Michigan State Representative Karen Whitsett (D-Detroit) has recovered from the Wuhan coronavirus. Now, the lawmaker faces a censure from her Democratic colleagues for crediting Trump for her recovery.

Detroit Rep. Karen Whitsett says she was experiencing the worst symptoms associated with the coronavirus before she took the drug hydroxychloroquine. If it weren't for President Trump, Rep. Whitsett says the drug wouldn't have been accessible to patients like herself. Less than two hours after taking hydroxychloroquine, the lawmaker said she began feeling the first signs of relief.

"If President Trump had not talked about [hydroxychloroquine], it would not be something that's accessible" in Michigan "because of an order that was put down in my state," Whitsett explained on Fox News earlier this month.

With no approved therapeutics to treat the Wuhan coronavirus, Trump and many coronavirus sufferers were hopeful when early evidence suggested hydroxychloroquine may be an effective treatment against the disease. The best part, the drug is well-known to be safe and already FDA approved for the treatment of other ailments, like lupus and malaria. Inexplicably, Democratic Governor Gretchen Whitmer moved immediately to block Michiganders from gaining access to the potentially life-saving medication.

Now that Rep. Whitsett has praised Trump, her fellow Democrats are furious with her. The 13th Congressional District Democratic Party Organization plans to vote on Saturday to formally censure the first-term lawmaker for her honest remarks about the president.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bronso...overy-n2567537
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

This is where I post this

Whitsett also has a history of statements and actions that have bucked the party apparatus, sometimes making negative statements about the party and Michigan governor Gretchen Whitmer.

from here

and shout "It was a long time in the making! This is a nothingburger!" since that's your favorite tactic from 24 hours ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Because Orange Man Bad. Q.E.D.
            If you keep repeating this you will end up believing it. Maybe you already do and your subconscious is sending you amessage.

Comment

The Italian Society for Rheumatology studied 65,000 patients on longterm hydroxychloroquine for RA and Lupus.

Only 20 patients tested positive for COVID-19. No ICU, no deaths.

This is a 90% reduction in infection rate compared to the rest of Italy.https://t.co/Pta97oBA8O
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                The Italian Society for Rheumatology studied 65,000 patients on longterm hydroxychloroquine for RA and Lupus.

Only 20 patients tested positive for COVID-19. No ICU, no deaths.

This is a 90% reduction in infection rate compared to the rest of Italy.https://t.co/Pta97oBA8O
                What did they see in the control group?

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                  What did they see in the control group?
                  I don't read Italian. I thought I cited where I got that from....
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                    I don't read Italian. I thought I cited where I got that from....
                    I tried reading it but Google translate wasn't really up to the task :|.

Comment