Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Attorney General Barr exscriated by federal Judge.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attorney General Barr exscriated by federal Judge.

A federal judge orders that he be provided with an unredacted copy of the Mueller report suggesting that Barr's summary of it was misleading and contrary to the report itself.

http://www.politico.com/news/2020/03...ll-barr-122449
    Last edited by JimL; 03-08-2020, 09:34 PM.

This is nothing more than another transparent attempt to get at the legally withheld grand jury testimony in order to use it against Trump during the election. The Justice Department has already responded with a letter saying that the redactions were thoroughly vetted by multiple parties, including members of Dirty Cop Mueller's own team, that "the court's assertions are contrary to the facts", and that, in essence, the judge can go jump in a lake.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...s-credibility/

Sorry, Jimmy, but you've been served another nothing-burger.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      This is nothing more than another transparent attempt to get at the legally withheld grand jury testimony in order to use it against Trump during the election. The Justice Department has already responded with a letter saying that the redactions were thoroughly vetted by multiple parties, including members of Dirty Cop Mueller's own team, that "the court's assertions are contrary to the facts", and that, in essence, the judge can go jump in a lake.

Comment

Well, it's certainly transparent, I believe the FOIA request was filed quite some time ago and surely it would hurt the President (not to mention his corrupt AG) in the upcoming election if the unredacted portions of the Mueller report gets out and exposes the lie, and attempted cover-up in the AG's summary of that report. And yes, of course Barr has responded saying that everything was on the up and up. How did you think he was going to respond, by saying okay judge, you got me!
        I think "Whopper" would better define it.

Comment

As long as the judge follows the law, there won't be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
            Well, it's certainly transparent, I believe the FOIA request was filed quite some time ago and surely it would hurt the President (not to mention his corrupt AG) in the upcoming election if the unredacted portions of the Mueller report gets out and exposes the lie, and attempted cover-up in the AG's summary of that report. And yes, of course Barr has responded saying that everything was on the up and up. How did you think he was going to respond, by saying okay judge, you got me!

I think "Whopper" would better define it.
            If you really think this judge is going to find something that the DOJ, independent legal counsel, and members of Dirty Cop Mueller's own goon squad missed then I'm afraid you're setting yourself up for another bitter disappointment.

The report has already gone through at least one round of vetting by career attorneys in response to Freedom Of Information Act requests. There's no "there" there

Comment

What gives that particular Judge any standing in this matter? The redactions were approved by Meuller's own team and other parties directly involved. This is just some random liberal judge who wants a peek.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                What gives that particular Judge any standing in this matter? The redactions were approved by Meuller's own team and other parties directly involved. This is just some random liberal judge who wants a peek.
                Mueller himself, disagreed with Barr's summary of the report, so what is it makes you think he approved the redactions, Barr's and the DOJ's say so? Btw, the so called liberal Judge was a G W Bush appointee.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  Mueller himself, disagreed with Barr's summary of the report, so what is it makes you think he approved the redactions, Barr's and the DOJ's say so? Btw, the so called liberal Judge was a G W Bush appointee.
                  Barr's summary and the redactions IN the report are two different things Jimmy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    Barr's summary and the redactions IN the report are two different things Jimmy.
                    Exactly!

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      Mueller himself, disagreed with Barr's summary of the report...
                      You're still buying that bit of fake news? Boy, you're gullible!

"After the Attorney General received Special Counsel Mueller's letter, he called him to discuss it," Justice Department spokeswoman Kerri Kupec said in a statement.

"In a cordial and professional conversation, the Special Counsel emphasized that nothing in the Attorney General's March 24 letter was inaccurate or misleading. But, he expressed frustration over the lack of context and the resulting media coverage regarding the Special Counsel's obstruction analysis," she added.

https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/na...5-491bffafe742

And from Barr:

"I said, 'Bob, what's with the letter? Why didn't you just pick up the phone and call me if there's an issue?'" Barr said. "And he said that they were concerned about the way the media was playing this and felt that it was important to get out the summaries which they felt would put their work in proper context, and avoid some of the confusion that was emerging."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/03/polit...arr/index.html

So Mueller's concern was with the way Barr's letter was being misinterpreted by the media and not that the letter itself contained incorrect information.

Furthermore, Mueller's own wishy-washy testimony to Congress never called Barr's letter into question.

Former special counsel Robert Mueller appeared before two House committees on Wednesday, ostensibly to discuss his report on Russian interference and potential obstruction of justice by the president. But he ended up doing much more listening than talking, frustrating lawmakers on both sides of the aisle hoping to extract morsels of new information.

Mueller warned both the House Judiciary and Intelligence Committees his testimony would be "limited," citing ongoing investigations and Justice Department policy. Over the course of more than six hours, he hewed closely to the findings in his report, resisting efforts to stray into areas of conjecture or speculation.

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/mu...ss-2019-07-24/

Comment

You're still buying that bit of fake news? Boy, you're gullible!

"After the Attorney General received Special Counsel Mueller's letter, he called him to discuss it," Justice Department spokeswoman Kerri Kupec said in a statement.

"In a cordial and professional conversation, the Special Counsel emphasized that nothing in the Attorney General's March 24 letter was inaccurate or misleading. But, he expressed frustration over the lack of context and the resulting media coverage regarding the Special Counsel's obstruction analysis," she added.

https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/na...5-491bffafe742

And from Barr:

"I said, 'Bob, what's with the letter? Why didn't you just pick up the phone and call me if there's an issue?'" Barr said. "And he said that they were concerned about the way the media was playing this and felt that it was important to get out the summaries which they felt would put their work in proper context, and avoid some of the confusion that was emerging."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/03/polit...arr/index.html

So Mueller's concern was with the way Barr's letter was being misinterpreted by the media and not that the letter itself contained incorrect information.

Furthermore, Mueller's own wishy-washy testimony to Congress never called Barr's letter into question.

Former special counsel Robert Mueller appeared before two House committees on Wednesday, ostensibly to discuss his report on Russian interference and potential obstruction of justice by the president. But he ended up doing much more listening than talking, frustrating lawmakers on both sides of the aisle hoping to extract morsels of new information.

Mueller warned both the House Judiciary and Intelligence Committees his testimony would be "limited," citing ongoing investigations and Justice Department policy. Over the course of more than six hours, he hewed closely to the findings in his report, resisting efforts to stray into areas of conjecture or speculation.

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/mu...ss-2019-07-24/
                        AG Barr and the DOJ, in defense of AG Barr and the DOJ.

Comment

AG Barr and the DOJ, in defense of AG Barr and the DOJ.
                          Wrong answer, Jimmy. This is the part where you're supposed to find a reputable source with credible information that disputes what the Department of Justice and Attorney General Barr said. Not even the Dirty Cop Mueller could bring himself to directly contradict the DOJ when he had his chance during his testimony before Congress.

Comment

Wrong answer, Jimmy. This is the part where you're supposed to find a reputable source with credible information that disputes what the Department of Justice and Attorney General Barr said. Not even the Dirty Cop Mueller could bring himself to directly contradict the DOJ when he had his chance during his testimony before Congress.
                            The Judge disputed it, which is why he ordered the release of the unredacted copy of the report.

Comment

The Judge disputed it, which is why he ordered the release of the unredacted copy of the report.
                              Ah, so you're abandoning the "Mueller disagreed with Barr" narrative. Smart, but an explicit concession would have been more honest.

The judge's order has nothing to do with Barr's letter or Mueller's snitty response, so I don't even know why you brought it up. He's only asked to review the redacted portions to see if the DOJ, Mueller's own team, and independent career attorneys happened to miss anything, which is unlikely.

Trust me, Jimmy, it's a nothing burger. Don't get your hopes up.

Comment