Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Abortion safety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legal does not mean moral. And I suspect he meant that prostitutes need help to get out of the lifestyle instead of being treated like a criminal. Likewise, women in crisis pregnancies need help with their babies, not a dead baby.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by simplicio View Post
      Another Christian (note for Sparko: not "a Christian") noted that St Thomas Aquinas argued that prostitution need not be vigorously prosecuted.

Surgical abortions are vigorously opposed, when sanitary surgical practices were adopted, the safety of all surgical or invasive procedures increased. This preceded the lessening abhorrence to abortion in society. Some 20,000 women order online abortion pills, reducing the risks posed by any invasive surgical intervention.

We allow abortions, by law, today. Seems like the argument of St Thomas applies here.
      Prostitution doesn't necessarily lead to the death of an innocent human being, so no, the argument does not apply.

Comment

Some of us choose not to bury the truth, no matter how "insulting" it might be.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
          Children?

In other words, your pro-life crusade is inconsistent garbage.
          Why?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            Why?
            Ff doesn't think they are children. I would love to know what he thinks fetal development looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
              Ff doesn't think they are children. I would love to know what he thinks fetal development looks like.
              That's what I thought he meant. Perhaps this simple illustration will help him.

IMG_1258.JPG

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43184[/ATTACH]
                It's ironic how those people who enthusiastically embrace "settled science" in other matters always seem to ignore this inconvenient truth.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Maybe they really do believe in the personhood fairy.

Comment

Originally posted by simplicio View Post
                    And you know that how?
                    1334 pieces of evidence.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                      Prostitution doesn't necessarily lead to the death of an innocent human being, so no, the argument does not apply.
                      Again, that isn't the sort of answer that sport wants.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43184[/ATTACH]
                        B-b-but, they aren't really human until they're an adult otherwise nobody would be promoting aborting them even after they've been born

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          B-b-but, they aren't really human until they're an adult otherwise nobody would be promoting aborting them even after they've been born
                          Yuh, but no names named, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                            So do you support prosecuting these 20,000 women for homicide?
                            Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                              So do you support prosecuting these 20,000 women for homicide?
                              Considering that they have been deceived into thinking it isn't murder, I say to just go after the abortionists and not the women who have felt they were trapped with no other option. Education about the options of parenting or adoption is vital. There are charities and programs that can assist new mothers.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                                Considering that they have been deceived into thinking it isn't murder, I say to just go after the abortionists and not the women who have felt they were trapped with no other option. Education about the options of parenting or adoption is vital. There are charities and programs that can assist new mothers.
                                What abortionists? There's no one doing the surgery, these women are ordering the pills online and taking them with their own hands.
                                Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment