Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Coronavirus Outbreak...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Are you really going to be so assinely stupid as to claim that the only reason covid-19 was more deadly than the flu in nyc was cuomos desire to have some nursing home patients with covid 19 treated in those nursing home facilities equipped to do so?
    Where did I said that?

All I'm noting is how much damage Cuomo's arrogant ignorance has wrought on those most vulnerable to the disease.

Face it, if Trump had done this it wouldn't be ignored but rather would be the lead story night after night for weeks on end -- and you would have started at least one thread on it rightfully questioning his ability to make decisions. But since it isn't Trump we get this instead:

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      What about the fatality rate for the Chicom coronavirus in nursing homes is not exactly a state secret are you unable to grasp? All you did is confirm how vulnerable such facilities are -- something Cuomo should have considered when he forced them to take in folks infected with the disease.

How many people died as a result of Cuomo's stupidity? How much worse was the Chicom coronavirus in New York (which has seen far more deaths than any other region in the country) as a result of Cuomo's actions?
      Trump did do it, it's the Trump administrations policy. Not that the policy is wrong. Nursing homes are part of the medical care community and can handle sick patients. That's what they're there for, that's why they are called nursing homes. In the case of those recovering from the virus, those who have been discharged from hospital, there are rules and procedures for nursing homes to follow such as isolation of the patient. In the case of NY, if a nursing home feels for some legitimate reason that they are unable to handle them, then NY has alternative facilities for them to be taken.
      Last edited by JimL; 05-08-2020, 06:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        By now, multiple studies from Europe, Japan, and the US all suggest that the overall fatality rate is far lower than early estimates, perhaps below 0.1 to 0.4%, i.e., ten to forty times lower than estimates that motivated extreme isolation.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-to-lockdowns/
        That explains 77,000 deaths in six weeks! I was wondering about that. Clearly, Covid-19 has the same mortality rate as the flu!

I am always amazed when people can look at the data right in front of their faces, and still dismiss it in favor of their existing narrative. Maybe your "honest self-assessment" isn't working so well?
        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
          Shocking that you didn't quote the testimony *from that very article* which disagrees with your quoted section. What a shameful lie of omission, WW.
          Selective quoting is MM's SOP.
          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
            And I sincerely hope that such efforts will be resisted with any and all methods and levels of force -- political first, deadly if necessary.
            And that's why I now want to see the 2nd Amendment repealed. People like you are dangerous and should not be permitted to carry guns.

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
              That explains 77,000 deaths in six weeks! I was wondering about that. Clearly, Covid-19 has the same mortality rate as the flu!

I am always amazed when people can look at the data right in front of their faces, and still dismiss it in favor of their existing narrative. Maybe your "honest self-assessment" isn't working so well?
              MM doesn't let facts get in the way, but seeks out only confirmation of the narrative impressed upon his unthinking brain.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                Trump did do it, it's the Trump administrations policy. Not that the policy is wrong. Nursing homes are part of the medical care community and can handle sick patients. That's what they're there for, that's why they are called nursing homes. In the case of those recovering from the virus, those who have been discharged from hospital, there are rules and procedures for nursing homes to follow such as isolation of the patient. In the case of NY, if a nursing home feels for some legitimate reason that they are unable to handle them, then NY has alternative facilities for them to be taken.
                Trump wasn't the one who ordered that contagious people be put into nursing homes where they would be with those most vulnerable to the Chicom coronavirus.

Trump didn't double down when informed of this and what is happening telling the nursing homes that they had no right to refuse what were effectively plague carriers.

Trump didn't tell frantic nursing home care takers that they could have coronavirus victims transferred elsewhere when that was not true and then continue to make them keep contagious people when the nursing homes realized that he lied.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Fake News.
                  Yes, you are fake news. I agree with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Where did I said that?

All I'm noting is how much damage Cuomo's arrogant ignorance has wrought on those most vulnerable to the disease.

Face it, if Trump had done this it wouldn't be ignored but rather would be the lead story night after night for weeks on end -- and you would have started at least one thread on it rightfully questioning his ability to make decisions. But since it isn't Trump we get this instead:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]44526[/ATTACH]
                    Rogue, I was looking for some connection between your post and the original post of mine you initially replied to in this sequence and the only things I could find were ridiculously stupd.

Apparently though you didn't intend any actual connection the topic of my post (which was a reply to the stupidity of claiming SARS-COVID-2 is no worse than the flu) and you just glommed onto it to start complaining about cuomo. So be it.

Might I suggest that if you want to wander off on another vector completely unrelated to the post you are replying to, you just enter a post that is not an explicit reply to anything?
                    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-08-2020, 09:20 AM.
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• This is interesting:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0507121353.htm

It appears that vitamin D deficiency is correlated with the sort of response to COVID-19 that can lead to death.

Since vitamin D is made by the body in sunlight - get outside and exercise!!! (30 minutes at midday - sunscreen makes it take longer)

These foods are also rich in vitamin D - and of course most milk is fortified with vitamin D

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/vitamin-d-from-sun

Source: above

... cod liver oil, swordfish, salmon, canned tuna, beef liver, egg yolks and sardines. That said, you would need to eat them nearly every day to get enough vitamin D.

© Copyright Original Source

My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        Mission defeated. On to the next screw-up.
                        no. mission accomplished. Trump got the MSM to beg him to continue the Task Force that they mocked when he set it up in the first place. Same with the press conferences. LOL. He knows how to use reverse psychology on the liberals and they fall for it every time.
                        Last edited by Sparko; 05-08-2020, 12:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                          This is interesting:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0507121353.htm

It appears that vitamin D deficiency is correlated with the sort of response to COVID-19 that can lead to death.

Since vitamin D is made by the body in sunlight - get outside and exercise!!! (30 minutes at midday - sunscreen makes it take longer)

These foods are also rich in vitamin D - and of course most milk is fortified with vitamin D

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/vitamin-d-from-sun

Source: above

... cod liver oil, swordfish, salmon, canned tuna, beef liver, egg yolks and sardines. That said, you would need to eat them nearly every day to get enough vitamin D.

© Copyright Original Source

Great. one more condition that makes me vulnerable. I have to take activated vitamin D (calcitriol) because my body can't absorb vitamin-D3 supplements very well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            no. mission accomplished. Trump got the MSM to beg him to continue the Task Force that they mocked when he set it up in the first place. Same with the press conferences. LOL. He knows how to use reverse psychology on the liberals and they fall for it every time.
                            They mocked? I remember the critical reports about Pence being selected to head it, and the bizarre press conference when they announced it (Trump walked away in the middle of the conference). I don't remember the kind of widespread mocking of the task force itself that you are suggesting. Examples?

And I'm not sure what your point was about the press conferences. Do you mean the coronavirus briefings cum campaign rallies? The daily press conferences (i.e., what lie will we tell today?) that Trump discontinued?
                            Last edited by carpedm9587; 05-08-2020, 01:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                              And that's why I now want to see the 2nd Amendment repealed. People like you are dangerous and should not be permitted to carry guns.
                              I am of course delighted when anyone -- especially people like you -- think I might be "dangerous."

The Constitution does not confer rights, therefore repealing 2A would not remove the right, only its legal protection. That is exactly the point at which the means of defending the right should move from political to the use of deadly force.
                              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

I am of course delighted when anyone -- especially people like you -- think I might be "dangerous."

The Constitution does not confer rights, therefore repealing 2A would not remove the right, only its legal protection. That is exactly the point at which the means of defending the right should move from political to the use of deadly force.
                                You just made his point ...

Comment