Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Coronavirus Outbreak...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
    Conservatives exercising their 2A rights is not an "incitement to violence." You interpret it that way because you're obviously anti-2A. Guess what happened in Virginia when hundreds of gun toting 2A advocates descended on the capital building? Nothing. The group that shot the guard in a Flint ghetto not only were not conservatives, most likely, but reacted in an entirely different manner than pro-2A conservatives react. The two incidents have nothing whatsoever to do with each other, and you know it.
    And for that you can thank the FBI
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...cists-n1117271

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      I disagree. first, carrying guns in a protest that is not focused on the 2nd amendment itself is itself threatening - not peaceful.
      No, it's not. Simply carrying a gun is not threatening in and of itself. It would require the act of brandishing it, or aiming it at another person to be a considered a threat, and trying to link murderous thugs to a completely unrelated group of peaceful protestors is nothing but an attempt to smear innocent people, and I'm honestly not sure what your motivation is here.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
        Worst place to get anything.

Comment

Conservatives exercising their 2A rights is not an "incitement to violence." You interpret it that way because you're obviously anti-2A. Guess what happened in Virginia when hundreds of gun toting 2A advocates descended on the capital building? Nothing. The group that shot the guard in a Flint ghetto not only were not conservatives, most likely, but reacted in an entirely different manner than pro-2A conservatives react. The two incidents have nothing whatsoever to do with each other, and you know it.
          Yeah, but how many unrelated gun crimes were committed across the country that same day? Because according to ox's logic, correlation implies causation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            No, it's not. Simply carrying a gun is not threatening in and of itself. It would require the act of brandishing it, or aiming it at another person to be a considered a threat, and trying to link murderous thugs to a completely unrelated group of peaceful protestors is nothing but an attempt to smear innocent people, and I'm honestly not sure what your motivation is here.
            MM is correct here. I can't remember a single movie or TV show where one character revealed that they had a holstered gun in order to intimidate.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
              I guess you don't read articles you link to.

Comment

I guess you don't read articles you link to.
                Go ahead and embarrass me. Paste the part you think I'm wrong about.

The suspects are allegedly part of a fringe group known as The Base, and law enforcement officials say the timing of their arrests is related to the event in Richmond, which the men planned to attend.

Comment

Go ahead and embarrass me. Paste the relevant portion.
                  I can't because the website doesn't allow me to do that. How about you actually read the article

Comment

I can't because the website doesn't allow me to do that. How about you actually read the article
                    Works fine for me. What kind of a ghetto computer are you using? Don't tell me you're an Apple sucker...

Comment

Go ahead and embarrass me. Paste the part you think I'm wrong about.

The suspects are allegedly part of a fringe group known as The Base, and law enforcement officials say the timing of their arrests is related to the event in Richmond, which the men planned to attend.
                      At the end of the article it then states it was not clear if they were attending. So the article contradicts itself. Good source there, bro.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
                        MM is correct here. I can't remember a single movie or TV show where one character revealed that they had a holstered gun in order to intimidate.
                        Right, that would be an example of an explicit threat, like shaking a fist in someone's face. Now if only ox could find examples of the peaceful protesters doing something similar.

Comment

At the end of the article it then states it was not clear if they were attending. So the article contradicts itself. Good source there, bro.
                          Here's the relevant portion

Also on Thursday, law enforcement officials in Georgia said three men were arrested on charges of conspiracy to commit murder and participating in a criminal street gang, and two officials said the men have connections to The Base.

The men, all Georgia residents, were identified as Luke Lane, 21, of Silver Creek, Michael Helterbrand, 25, of Dalton, and Jacob Kaderli, 19, of Dacula. It was not immediately clear if the trio had planned to attend Monday's gun rights rally in Virginia and if they have legal representation.

That's a different group of three guys they arrested. Another self own for the ages :D.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            Right, that would be an example of an explicit threat, like shaking a fist in someone's face. Now if only ox could find examples of the peaceful protesters doing something similar.
                            Hold on now. So, one person revealing that they have a holstered handgun is an explicit threat, but a group carrying long guns while wearing tactical gear isn't?

Makes perfect sense.

Comment

And so what if the psychopath's were planning to attend? Their murdering a security guard in cold blood had nothing to do with the protest itself or anybody else who managed to show up without shooting someone.

Comment

Here's the relevant portion

Also on Thursday, law enforcement officials in Georgia said three men were arrested on charges of conspiracy to commit murder and participating in a criminal street gang, and two officials said the men have connections to The Base.

The men, all Georgia residents, were identified as Luke Lane, 21, of Silver Creek, Michael Helterbrand, 25, of Dalton, and Jacob Kaderli, 19, of Dacula. It was not immediately clear if the trio had planned to attend Monday's gun rights rally in Virginia and if they have legal representation.

That's a different group of three guys they arrested. Another self own for the ages :D.
                                Yep, you're right, my bad. But it's not like they were planning violence at the rally. Their surveillance and arrests were for criminal activity unrelated to that. One group of guys out of hundreds is not representative of a peaceful 2A protest.

Comment