Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Coronavirus Outbreak...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
    And this is just typical 2A apologist logic. "Doing X won't fix problems 100% of the time so X is pointless." If giving proper training nontrivially *reduces* the spread of Coronavirus, and you will have the burden of proof to claim that it doesn't, then proper equipment and training is warranted even if it is not a panacea.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• . . . while the conservatives resort to cartoons, and air ball name calling responses like this.

Comment

• You're not really a supervisor, are you Lilpix?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
          You're not really a supervisor, are you Lilpix?
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• And because some people might ignore them, you don't think there should be mandated company safegaurds, safety rules and safety equiptment available?

Comment

• That's not an answer to my question pix. Well it is, you just want to blame the workers. It's all their fault the people at the meat plants and the doctors and the nurses on the front lines are dying and sick. Not unexpected, but very, very sad.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                And because some people might ignore them, you don't think there should be mandated company safegaurds, safety rules and safety equiptment available?
                Did I say they should or do you even understand what I said?
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                  That's not an answer to my question pix. Well it is, you just want to blame the workers. It's all their fault the people at the meat plants and the doctors and the nurses on the front lines are dying and sick. Not unexpected, but very, very sad.
                  Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 05-03-2020, 05:24 PM.
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Countries like South Korea, Japan and Germany have a cultural tradition of following rules, and I believe their Industries are safer and they make better cars.

Comment

• Your willingness to cast blame on those risking their lives to provide for our needs is embarrasing.
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Good luck.
                        Thanks. So far, so good.
                        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

There are a good number of people being fools wrt the virus in th US at the current time.
                          Maybe. In the case of the action by UPMC, it could be that their clinical experience treating patients plus their research experience in working on a vaccine makes their understanding comparable to any of the other "experts," and makes their decision an informed and proper one.
                          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                            Maybe. In the case of the action by UPMC, it could be that their clinical experience treating patients plus their research experience in working on a vaccine makes their understanding comparable to any of the other "experts," and makes their decision an informed and proper one.
                            Without comprehensive testing, overestimating the percentage of asymptomatic cases is irresponsible, which is what they have done.

Comment

Without comprehensive testing, overestimating the percentage of asymptomatic cases is irresponsible, which is what they have done.
                              I consider the percentage of asymptomatic and mild cases an unknown, except for estimates from China and South Korea as high as 80% or more. I don't understand your comment concerning the 'overestimate' of asymptomatic cases and mild cases. Evidence indicates that this percentage of the population among young infected can be very high. In fact a primary vector of infection in the pandemic. In fact the main vector in Assisted Living Facilities is caretakers with asymptomatic of mild symptom, but after the fact testing.
                              Last edited by shunyadragon; 05-03-2020, 09:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                                Countries like South Korea, Japan and Germany have a cultural tradition of following rules, and I believe their Industries are safer and they make better cars.
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment