Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Coronavirus Outbreak...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Now that you've brought it up, what exactly do you expect us to do about it?
    Not much. But being that it's a discussion board that has very little to no effect on anything outside the board, maybe just a mere discussion about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
      Not much. But being that it's a discussion board that has very little to no effect on anything outside the board, maybe just a mere discussion about it.
      Well, okay... It's not just age that's a factor but age and poor health. Except for Bernie with his heart troubles, all the other candidates are in good physical health, so probably not at high risk.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

So are we just going to ignore the fact all these old geezers vying for the potus are highly vulnerable, and at a time they're in contact with large crowds?
        Maybe they should pick their VPs soon.
        Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darfius View Post
          Scripture Verse: Matthew 12:36

But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.

© Copyright Original Source

then you should really be worried.

Comment

Well now that you brought it up, most of the entire government is old people in their 70's and 80's.

But they also have access to the best healthcare in the country too.

I do think it will cause even more panic if and when someone famous (politician or hollywood star) dies from the virus.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
              So can you explain how the precautions are any different than flu seasons ones are?
              Yeah, the fatality rate seems to be higher than the flu and there is no vaccine for corona as there is for the flu, and probably won't be for a year or more. But, (in the U.S.,) there is no diagnostic testing ability. Corona seems to be transmissable asymptomatically and though test kits were sent out, as it turned out they don't work. But the Administration also cut funding, thus policies, put in place to to contain such outbreaks in the first place. That means recognizing the problem where it begins and working with those governments to contain it where it is, to prevent it, as much as possible, from spreading around the world as was done in the case of Ebola.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                Yeah, the fatality rate seems to be higher than the flu and there is no vaccine for corona as there is for the flu, and probably won't be for a year or more. But, (in the U.S.,) there is no diagnostic testing ability. Corona seems to be transmissable asymptomatically and though test kits were sent out, as it turned out they don't work. But the Administration also cut funding, thus policies, put in place to to contain such outbreaks in the first place. That means recognizing the problem where it begins and working with those governments to contain it where it is, to prevent it, as much as possible, from spreading around the world as was done in the case of Ebola.
                Stop repeating that nonsense. Congress has just approved a ton of money for the CDC. Trump even donated his quarterly salary to go directly to fighting the Coronavirus.

Oh and the FDA just approved fast track testing on the vaccine. And the test do work.

Heck just about everything you said above is false. I would claim that is a new record for you, but you have done it before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  Stop repeating that nonsense. Congress has just approved a ton of money for the CDC.
                  Well yeah, they would have to since Trump cut the funding in the first place.
                  http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/...y-soon-improve
                  Trump even donated his quarterly salary to go directly to fighting the Coronavirus.
                  Big deal. He's pockets much more than that everytime he goes golfing at one of his resorts.
                  Oh and the FDA just approved fast track testing on the vaccine. And the test do work.
                  Right, and fast track means 18 months away.
                  http://www.sciencealert.com/who-says...18-months-away
                  Heck just about everything you said above is false. I would claim that is a new record for you, but you have done it before.
                  And you are wrong once again.

Comment

then you should really be worried.
                    My cowardice is not putting people in danger.

Comment

My cowardice is not putting people in danger.
                      No but your scare-mongering nutty conspiracies might.

Comment

No but your scare-mongering nutty conspiracies might.
                        The truth may scare you, but it doesn't scare me or those who are the worshippers the Father seeks, who worship Him in spirit and in truth. Rather than with their mouth like you and the mouth running battalion around here.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                          Well yeah, they would have to since Trump cut the funding in the first place.
                          http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/...y-soon-improve
                          This was already fact checked by Breitbart and the Associated Press and determined to be false. From the Associated Press:

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

The truth may scare you, but it doesn't scare me or those who are the worshippers the Father seeks, who worship Him in spirit and in truth. Rather than with their mouth like you and the mouth running battalion around here.
                            We aren't the ones posting panic ridden conspiracy posts on the internet, you are.

Comment

We aren't the ones posting panic ridden conspiracy posts on the internet, you are.
                              What I find amazing is that you and the mouth running brigade think poisoning the well with loaded words like "hysteria" and "panic ridden" is something you can do and still be an honest individual. I am not panicked or hysterical. I cite my sources and quote Scripture, something none of you do when you interact with me. It's just name calling and handwaving. But you're "Christians". Cool story, bro.

Comment

What I find amazing is that you and the mouth running brigade think poisoning the well with loaded words like "hysteria" and "panic ridden" is something you can do and still be an honest individual. I am not panicked or hysterical. I cite my sources and quote Scripture, something none of you do when you interact with me. It's just name calling and handwaving. But you're "Christians". Cool story, bro.
                                You were insinuating that the CDC is trying to spread the virus on purpose. That is fear-mongering and panic-ridden conspiracy fodder.

Comment