Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Coronavirus Outbreak...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Rogue - the official name of the virus is covid-19 or SARS-Cov-2. That is its name. You are using 'Chicom virus' for ideological reasons, reasons that are scientifically inaccurate. Mistakes have been made by many of the governments that have cost thousands of lives. Your focus on what China did is not objective. Do you suppose Italy is where it is because Italy responded correctly? Or Iran? Or the US? You are singling them out because you don't like them, not because there is any real reason to do so. The Chinese communist government's actions were wrong, but they are not the reason the virus is where it is and the countries of the world are struggling with it as they are. There is no logical reason to focus your attention on them at the expense of others, most notably Trump.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Only since the Chicoms instructed people they better not do so and the left (who had been doing so regularly for months) immediately kowtowed and saw an opportunity to weaponize it to hammer Trump

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Last edited by firstfloor; 03-26-2020, 03:18 AM.

Comment

• A piece in the The Atlantic (hardly a bastion of conservatism or even allowing their side to be presented) for those who keep trying to minimize what the Chicoms did

Source: China Is Avoiding Blame by Trolling the World

Beijing is successfully dodging culpability for its role in spreading the coronavirus.after is, the relationship with China cannot and should not go back to normal. Nothing, in any case, will go back to normal after the sheer scale of destruction becomes clear. Of course, the rest of the world will have to live with the Chinese leadership as long as it remains in power. But this pandemic should, finally, disabuse us of any remaining hope that the Chinese regime could be a responsible global actor. It is not, and it will not become one.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

There are numerous hyperlinks in the original.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• How about an apology from China and they pay the rest of the world reparations?
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
              How about an apology from China and they pay the rest of the world reparations?
              They are currently on a public relations campaign providing medical supplies to several countries. Of course history shows that this will come with future demands to support them in their various ventures.

Kind of like if someone shoves you into a lake and then pulls you out and demands that you to thank them from saving you from drowning.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                How about an apology from China and they pay the rest of the world reparations?
                Or how about an apology to China for providing the models which do we have?

How about an apology from the administration for its ineffective response, a response taken after the potential severity became public in China

How about an apology from the mega churches which held large services if any spread of SARS-CoV-2 can be traced to the gathering?

Comment

• Originally posted by simplicio View Post

How about an apology from the administration for its ineffective response, a response taken after the potential severity became public in China

How about an apology from the mega churches which held large services if any spread of SARS-CoV-2 can be traced to the gathering?
                  And yet another one determined to alleviate China from the responsibility what they did and shift the blame from where it squarely belongs -- complete with one of your trademark swipes at Christians.

Or is yet another case of 明显的巨魔是明显的
                  Last edited by rogue06; 03-26-2020, 07:18 AM.

Comment

China lied
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                      China lied
                      Yes they did try to lie, cover up, squelch the free flow of information, going so far as to silence health care professionals. And just how is that different from the US' response? I know, we don't use a camp system.

The fact is that we are relying, in part, on models developed by the Chinese. We are following the draconian methods of locking down society and the economy on a scale which is unnecessary in some countries which embarked on a different course.

I know you and Rogue cannot contemplate a reality in which people disagree with you based on a reasoned analysis of the evidence without being in the employ of the China Communist Party. That sounds like the line Christians use about da debbil being behind every idea which disagrees with the Christian who can interpret scripture with divine precision.

Are you pro life? The communal church services present a quandary, a moral dilemma, for the case of the large gatherings on Sunday. One indirect effect of that worship is people dying. What does "Choose life" mean in that situation of holding church service in the midst of a plague? And if you take the wrong course of action, are you in the employ of Satan, who hates life?

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        And yet another one determined to alleviate China from the responsibility what they did and shift the blame from where it squarely belongs -- complete with one of your trademark swipes at Christians.

Or is yet another case of 明显的巨魔是明显的
                        I have stated nothing alleviating or excusing China for their dangerous, immoral, and wrong acts on this. I am however noting that many of the same policies we condemn China for have their parallels in the administration's response. The fact is that we are three or four weeks behind China, so we have a road map of wrong routes, dangerous routes to follow with China's examples.

Comment

Yes they did try to lie, cover up, squelch the free flow of information, going so far as to silence health care professionals. And just how is that different from the US' response? I know, we don't use a camp system.

The fact is that we are relying, in part, on models developed by the Chinese. We are following the draconian methods of locking down society and the economy on a scale which is unnecessary in some countries which embarked on a different course.

I know you and Rogue cannot contemplate a reality in which people disagree with you based on a reasoned analysis of the evidence without being in the employ of the China Communist Party. That sounds like the line Christians use about da debbil being behind every idea which disagrees with the Christian who can interpret scripture with divine precision.

Are you pro life? The communal church services present a quandary, a moral dilemma, for the case of the large gatherings on Sunday. One indirect effect of that worship is people dying. What does "Choose life" mean in that situation of holding church service in the midst of a plague? And if you take the wrong course of action, are you in the employ of Satan, who hates life?
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I have stated nothing alleviating or excusing China for their dangerous, immoral, and wrong acts on this. I am however noting that many of the same policies we condemn China for have their parallels in the administration's response. The fact is that we are three or four weeks behind China, so we have a road map of wrong routes, dangerous routes to follow with China's examples.
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                              China lied
                              00000000000000ab000-00aaai6.jpg

Comment

Your immediate pivoting to try to make mistakes made elsewhere being equivalent to the deliberate acts perpetrated by the Chicoms says it all.

Comment