Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Bolten says trump wanted the aid frozen until he had answers to inquires sought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    The book is released demi- that excuse lasted about 6 hours. Please move on to 'he's lying', or better yet just move on to the 'coup de gras' "Trump is king and so he makes the law", 'cause this is not about what he did, this is about supporting him no matter what 'cause he's "God's man" - or whatever reason it is you tell yourself that supporting trump beats any and all alternatives, no matter what he has done, is doing, or will do.
    Where has this book been released? Where can I see the relevant pages?
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
      You make no sense... ... am I supposed to 'chide' someone else for oxmixmudd's post?? I'm talking to who I want to talk to, who I hope might see something in what I say. Some people I don't feel have open ears, or I've already talked to them on an issue, so there's no point continuing to talk to them.

Who made you 'Charles', anyway?

Do you 'chide' people on all sides? No. I know you like to kiss up to Juvenal, 'cause you'd like to think you're as smart as he is.

Yeah. I'm not an over-invested American who thinks he's smarter than most, like you.

There's your share of the 'chiding'. I got in a shot at Charles, and Juvenal, too. Hope you're satisfied.
      I hope you realize that your rationale for singling out Jim with a snide post because you "hope [he] might something in what I say" obliterates the rationale you were using to criticize Jim's post.

Now, I'm not nearly as smart as Juvenal* (I can't do the math, never could) but it doesn't take a genius to see that.

So all I'm saying on that is ... spice it up! Jim and others routinely make fact-based criticisms or observations and get a pretty routine variation of "Oh, there goes your TDS again." It's a target-rich environment for ignorance-based nagging, is all -- if you're not going to ground your criticisms in figuring out who here is getting snippy from truth-telling and who here is getting snippy from spinning yarns then you're really free to go changing it up once in a while.

To your questions: Biden announced on April 25, 2019. Trump was already working with Giuliani by then to get both the Biden and DNC server investigations announced by the pre-Zelensky government. After Zelensky won, Trump was talking about Biden's role in getting Shokin fired in early May and Giuliani was planning to jet-set off to Ukraine to convince the incoming Zelensky administration to not drop those promised investigations.

Trump released the aid on Sept. 11, 2019 -- he was made aware of the whistleblower complaint in late August and his administration worked to unlawfully withhold it from Congress. When that failed, the House announced an investigation into the complaint ~Sept. 4 and a full investigation into Trump's conduct on Sept. 9. Trump released the aid only after learning there would be a broad investigation into his actions.

--Sam

*My hair is ... fine. Nothing worth comparison.
      "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

The book is released demi
        Someone get oxmix help, he's hallucinating. Also that Juvenal guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          There are lots of legitimate reasons to withhold aid, and since it was released before the deadline, there was no reason to inform Congress. Also, no evidence that Ukraine knew or believed the delay to be tied toinvestigations, and certainly Trump never directed anybody to deliver that message. Not even this sketchy leak says it was a directive.
          No there isn't, it was already determined that Ukraine had taken sufficient actions regarding corruption in order that the appropriated aid be delivered, and to withhold all of the aid against that finding for 4 months without explanation to Congress is a violation of the Impoundment control act. He only released it after being caught. And yes this testimony by Bolton, does say that it was directed by Trump in order to extort Ukraine.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
            Sam, remind me, are you still pretending to be neutral over this impeachment nothingburger? If yes, remember to wait till the other side has also presented its case before making conclusions such as 'extensively demonstrated' and revealing your bias. You're welcome.

I'm sorry ... am I supposed to know you?
            "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
              Is that all they've got?
              Don't they still have some time to present the rest of their case? Hang on a bit longer, Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                I'm sorry ... am I supposed to know you?
                It's okay, wormtongue, just wait a little. Faking as neutral must be hard, but you have patience to make it convincing.

Comment

It hasn't been released. It just became available for preorder, and on the same day as the "leak". What a coincidence.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Pix - you spend 95% of your time 'smearing' me as you respond to my posts. And I have bent over backwards to try to be kind to you, though sometimes the things you say are just so completely out of touch with reality I'll make fun of them.

You don't have a leg to stand on.
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

You are correct. What was released Sunday night was the advertisement for the book on Amazon. I misunderstood the reference in the Times article. The actual release date is 3/17/2020. So we are talking about the content of the draft at this point.
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Pix - you spend 95% of your time 'smearing' me as you respond to my posts. And I have bent over backwards to try to be kind to you, though sometimes the things you say are just so completely out of touch with reality I'll make fun of them.

You don't have a leg to stand on.
                        Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 01-27-2020, 11:22 AM.
                        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                          I have no reason to believe John "axe-to-grind" Bolton.

But in any case, it doesn't matter. Trump could have withheld the money until Zelensky said "pretty please" for all I care. Conditions to handouts of US tax dollars should be withheld for any reason, IMO.
                          I see. So the fact he abused his power and was trying to coerce a foreign government to help with his Political campaign in 2020 is fine with you? The fact he held up money he lawfully did not have a valid reason to hold does not matter to you?

Comment

*Bolton

Comment

nice move of the goal posts Pix. Although I can't imagine why you would need the clarification, the reference was perhaps more completely stated "95% of your posts to me".

---

Your twisted view of my post to MM about Vindman notwithstanding. MM was participating in a smear campaign against Vindman. And that is what I was addressing. The issue here is not that Vindman is a liar, there is no evidence he is lying. The most one could say in support of Trump is that perhaps he was mistaken.

But instead there is a smear campaign to discredit him for no reason other than the fact he was willing to stand up and say what he saw happening. And what he saw is bad for trump. So despite his service to this county, in spite of the cost of that service, and in spite of the fact he has taken great risk to himself to tell the truth, people like MM and the GOP (and apparently you) are willing to smear his name. All to support a corrupt man with no honor that dodged his service to this country. And there can be not excuse for that. To smear a person like Vindman to support a crook like Trump is evil.

And that is what I'm speaking against here.

Comment

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment