Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Impeachment: 71% of Republicans want witnesses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    A more apropo response would be "as long as it's done in the same completely corrupt way that the president tried to have the Bidens investigated."
    sure
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Naive.
      Yes, you are.

Comment

Only if the powers of his office are being abused for personal profit, as is the case with Trump.

Comment

Only if the powers of his office are being abused for personal profit, as is the case with Trump.
          Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 01-29-2020, 04:01 PM.
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Whataboutism! Right on script!
            Nevertheless, inappropriate nepotism is not of the same order as Trump attempting to withhold use congressional appropriated funds to get dirt on his political rival via the leader of a foreign country.

Even sneaky snake Schiff said the investigation is over, so why more witnesses?
            If new evidence, especially from a first-hand source like Bolton becomes available, of course anyone interested if the truth will need to hear it and have the opportunity to cross-examine the witness. What does Trump and his acolytes have to hide?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              They already have millions and are probably losing money taking time away from their businesses.
              https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/22/rudy...bK3zxbbyd3Jkss

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                Nevertheless, inappropriate nepotism....
                .... can only be accused if Orange Man Bad.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                  If new evidence, especially from a first-hand source like Bolton becomes available, of course anyone interested if the truth will need to hear it and have the opportunity to cross-examine the witness. What does Trump and his acolytes have to hide?
                  Here's the reality on the ground, Tass.

The Democrats started an incredibly partisan impeachment, having declared LONG AGO (before the infamous phone call) that Trump must go.
                  The Republicans are doing everything they can to keep that (removal from office) from happening.

There's not a person on the planet outside an insane asylum who believes Trump will actually be removed, though, as Aunt Nancy gleefully pointed out, "he will be impeached forever".

Comment

I gave you a link to the white house salaries. Ivanka and Jared get paid zero. And Jr and Eric run Trump's businesses while he is President. So what?

Comment

I gave you a link to the white house salaries. Ivanka and Jared get paid zero. And Jr and Eric run Trump's businesses while he is President. So what?
                      What you failed to disclose, though, was that Ivanka and Jared are getting paid in Javelin missiles that were destined for Ukraine, but intercepted by the British who sold them to Egypt who sole them to Israel, who paid Ivanka and Jared in rubles converted from shekels.

That's what I heard!!!

Comment

What you failed to disclose, though, was that Ivanka and Jared are getting paid in Javelin missiles that were destined for Ukraine, but intercepted by the British who sold them to Egypt who sole them to Israel, who paid Ivanka and Jared in rubles converted from shekels.

That's what I heard!!!
                        Well, duh. And they are sneaking in hotels too. And making the Ukraine pay for them!

Comment

Here's the reality on the ground, Tass.

The Democrats started an incredibly partisan impeachment, having declared LONG AGO (before the infamous phone call) that Trump must go.
                          The Republicans are doing everything they can to keep that (removal from office) from happening.

There's not a person on the planet outside an insane asylum who believes Trump will actually be removed, though, as Aunt Nancy gleefully pointed out, "he will be impeached forever".
                          The argument of one hiding from the truth.

Comment

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! STRIKE 1 Jimmy!!! Strike 2 will be the acquittal and strike 3 will be the election. And I will laugh at you all 3 times.
                            That's what
                            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

No, Jim, the argument of one dealing with reality, as opposed to one absolutely suckered into believing in false hopes of the hate-filled partisan Democrats.

Comment

Well, duh. And they are sneaking in hotels too. And making the Ukraine pay for them!
                                No, you're confused. That's Trump's wall he made Mexico pay for, remember? Pity it keeps falling down.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...-photos-2020-1https://www.latimes.com/politics/sto...nt-slams-biden

Comment